Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Looks like it is Bowles. Bowles probably liked what he saw in Chicago and listened. But it seems Arians has convinced him to join the staff. So excited about these hires!

Yea, Greg Almun just reported moments ago that Bowles is official. Not surprised. Our media has been spitting crap all day about Chicago being a much better job, but if you already the best D in the league, there is nowhere to go but down. This will be a much better opportunity for him to get back into the HC conversation.

Bruce just said on the Rich Eisen show that Byron Leftwich will call the plays and he will have a heavy hand in it.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Bruce just said on the Rich Eisen show that Byron Leftwich will call the plays and he will have a heavy hand in it.
    Not sure how I feel about that. Would rather have Arians/Bowles calling plays.

2 most important points from today.

1. Nailing down Bowles as DC, was important for Arians vision of the Buccaneers under his leadership.

I'm still waiting to here a definitive answer on what our base defense will be.

2. Arians comments on Rich Eisens show were huge. He willingly and forcefully said Jameis Winston is the guy and the entire offense will be built around Jameis. He then talked about his belief Winston will win a SB in Tampa and his strengths. Absolutely fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    Bowles will be calling the D im sure, Leftwich the O which im fine with i dont love the HC calling plays they can focus on the game management more then just thinking about what to call next. Ive heard that Leftwich is actually a great coach that might be a HC soon so i feel confident that he will do a great job with Arians offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    My understanding is that Bruce announced some time back, due to his health, that he would never be able to directly call all plays again. So I don't think this is exactly a surprise. I could be wrong, but this may have already been happening back in Arizona.

I wouldn't look at this like Leftwich is actually making the decision on plays called. I think he may simply be the one who communicates w the QB

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    2 most important points from today.

1. Nailing down Bowles as DC, was important for Arians vision of the Buccaneers under his leadership.

I'm still waiting to here a definitive answer on what our base defense will be.

2. Arians comments on Rich Eisens show were huge. He willingly and forcefully said Jameis Winston is the guy and the entire offense will be built around Jameis. He then talked about his belief Winston will win a SB in Tampa and his strengths. Absolutely fantastic.
    Yea, the things he said during this interview were very encouraging. He didn't suggest that Winston would get a fair chance, he went out and said that the team will be built around Jameis. Now at the end if the day, if Jameis is bad this year, things could certainly change quick, but you can certainly see that Bruce truly believes in his talent and this is not just a simple case of talking up the quarterback you inherited

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Bowles will be calling the D im sure, Leftwich the O which im fine with i dont love the HC calling plays they can focus on the game management more then just thinking about what to call next. Ive heard that Leftwich is actually a great coach that might be a HC soon so i feel confident that he will do a great job with Arians offense.
    I agree

Todd Bowles has signed his contract

No comments about the heat Bruce Arians brought today at his press conference?

I said the number one thing I hoped for was a real leader. This man is a great one.

Lot of great points...
    -Asked about McCoy, he brought up his he was FORCED to gameplan against him when playing the Bucs, said he hopes McCoy is part of team after evaluations and personnel decisions.
    -Seemed to say Lavonte will definitely be back
    -Reiterated scheme should fit players, not the other way around. About defensive scheme he mentioned being nickel heavy but playing 4 and 3 man fronts in base.
    -Talked about players playing smart and having heart. I immediately thought of Jameis, that run as a rookie vs Falcons, the Bears play last year, the play vs the Ravens this year. He has so much heart and Bruce Arians is going to love having a guy who will give you every single thing he has.
    -Bruce talked about loyalty, family, respect, guys buying in. COACHES holding players accountable.
    -Huge emphasis on developing our young guys to get the most out of them.
    -Talked about needing to improve the OL, some guys maximizing their talent.

Buckle up fellas, **** about to get real.

He did mention that we would play one gap and not two gap meaning we should be in under/over constantly which is awesome because that means constant disguised blitzing.

So I was a huge advocate of firing everyone and cleaning house. Except after this hire,this is the only hire that makes sense for keeping the personnel we did. I said I wanted to keep Winston if we brought in a new coach who could use him correctly. I think we found that exact coach. Licht gets a pass for now bc perhaps it was due to poor coaching not making these players better. I will eat my words if this coaching staff can do something with these players that our previous staffs couldn’t. All of those moves could have and probably were forced on licht from ownership, this one is all on licht so time will tell.

I will say that I haven’t been this excited for an off-season since we traded for gruden 18 years ago. I hope this all works out. I can’t wait.

Now onto draft prospects...who do we want?? I’m leaning towards Jonah Williams

Also a side note: Arians is big on bringing along coaches who wouldn’t get a fair shot and turning them into the next best thing(leftwich, Bowles, Goodwin, McNair). Not to mention that they’re all minority coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post
    So I was a huge advocate of firing everyone and cleaning house. Except after this hire,this is the only hire that makes sense for keeping the personnel we did. I said I wanted to keep Winston if we brought in a new coach who could use him correctly. I think we found that exact coach. Licht gets a pass for now bc perhaps it was due to poor coaching not making these players better. I will eat my words if this coaching staff can do something with these players that our previous staffs couldn’t. All of those moves could have and probably were forced on licht from ownership, this one is all on licht so time will tell.

I will say that I haven’t been this excited for an off-season since we traded for gruden 18 years ago. I hope this all works out. I can’t wait.

Also a side note: Arians is big on bringing along coaches who wouldn’t get a fair shot and turning them into the next best thing(leftwich, Bowles, Goodwin, McNair). Not to mention that they’re all minority coaches.
    The defense needs the most, the Top 10 is mostly DL prospects plus an elite CB prospect like Greedy Williams.

Have to play good offense and defense to be a true contender, assuming that's what we want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by PewterNRed View Post

I like J. Williams much better then Greg Little, and I think OT is probably our biggest need, but honestly I don't even see J. Williams as an elite prospect, which we should be getting at #5. Not sure Williams can play LT in NFL.

I like Dalton Risner out of Kansas State in the 2nd round

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast