Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    They want the best looking personnel. Him and Rosen gonna make a lot of people show up to the games :rollseyes:

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    True. If you're from Illinois, it's either Northwestern, or Illinois (who's terrible, in spite of having Lovie Smith as HC) or Wisconsin (who's on the decline). Of course, if you're from Illinois, you probably can't play football worth a damn.

Speaking of Lovie Smith, have you seen him lately with that white beard? He looks like Grady from "Sanford and Son".
    Lmao. My boss showed me the picture and my first thought was "Damn, I didn't know he was capable of growing a beard."

The return... 2018-19... playoffs!?!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This seems insane. Kingsbury had a losing record at Texas Tech lol. Why on earth would they hire him?
    Because he has coached several successful modern day QB's like Baker Mayfield and Patrick Mahomes and his offensive system is becoming more accepted in the NFL these days. Everyone is looking for the next young offensive innovator.

IMO he'd be an interesting hire for an offensive coordinator position, but he's skipping a step by going straight to the head coaching position in the NFL. He has produced good offense and has done a good job with young, highly touted QB's.

Going straight to the NFL as a head coach seems unwarranted, but then again the Cardinals are a terrible team with a young QB. They have zero pressure on them right now. So this hire might not be the worst thing for both sides. A lot of his former players have nothing but great things to say about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

To be fair, a lot of people thought Sean McVay wasn't ready to be a head coach when he first got hired.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

There's already a red flag on the Earl of Kingsbury that's a brighter red than their uniforms: they are interested in Ben McAdoo for offensive coordinator. To be fair, maybe it's GM Steve Keim that's bringing McAdoo in for an interview and not Kingsbury. But if Kliff was only hired for his supposed offensive genius, you might as well just make him the OC too (like Bill O'Brien, Sean McVay, and Kyle Shanahan).
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 01-11-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Because he has coached several successful modern day QB's like Baker Mayfield and Patrick Mahomes and his offensive system is becoming more accepted in the NFL these days. Everyone is looking for the next young offensive innovator.

IMO he'd be an interesting hire for an offensive coordinator position, but he's skipping a step by going straight to the head coaching position in the NFL. He has produced good offense and has done a good job with young, highly touted QB's.

Going straight to the NFL as a head coach seems unwarranted, but then again the Cardinals are a terrible team with a young QB. They have zero pressure on them right now. So this hire might not be the worst thing for both sides. A lot of his former players have nothing but great things to say about him.
    This is 100% my take on the Cardinals and Kingsbury as well. He's an innovator, and they could do a whole lot worse than giving Kingsbury a chance during this period of transition. It's certainly better than hiring a retread who won't move the needle much one way or the other.

To be fair, a lot of people thought Sean McVay wasn't ready to be a head coach when he first got hired.
    That is true, but he also had NFL experience coaching a position, then helping game-plan the offense and then calling plays. He's come up in the NFL ranks, and while young, I knew what he did with the Redskins and it was clear he was ready.

Any coach who has coached in college at a power five school can coach in the NFL. However, the biggest change is how you relate to players. Steve Spurrier was an innovator who failed because he couldn't relate to his players and establish culture- how could he, when all he did was focus on offense and barely knew the names of any defensive players? Teams are hiring younger, innovative offensive minds for two reasons- they potentially can relate better to players and therefore establish a better culture, and to try and keep ahead of the other teams doing the same innovating.

That Rams team had accumulated a lot of talent under Jeff Fisher and was waiting to be untapped. I predicted the Rams to be a good team before the 2017 season, but that was due to the players they had and acquired in the offseason (e.g. Whitworth), the addition of Wade Phillips, while only assuming that McVay would be a capable offensive coach: https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...9#post31839169

We'll see how good McVay really is after he wins a playoff game.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-11-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I guess they think he's a good coach but not a good recruiter. This is the first time I've ever seen someone fail and end up in a better position though lol
    Happens all the time in the business world. Dudes run a company in the ground, get fired with a hefty severance then get an even bigger job somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That Rams team had accumulated a lot of talent under Jeff Fisher and was waiting to be untapped. I predicted the Rams to be a good team before the 2017 season, but that was due to the players they had and acquired in the offseason (e.g. Whitworth), the addition of Wade Phillips, while only assuming that McVay would be a capable offensive coach: https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...9#post31839169

We'll see how good McVay really is after he wins a playoff game.
    Aikman has said on his weekly radio show in Dallas that he honestly believes that Goff would have never developed and his career could have been derailed if Fisher had stayed. Coaching and scheme does matter and McVay has shown he can scheme his way to the playoffs every year.

Does the offer to Kingsbury get rescinded if the Rams lose tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Aikman has said on his weekly radio show in Dallas that he honestly believes that Goff would have never developed and his career could have been derailed if Fisher had stayed. Coaching and scheme does matter and McVay has shown he can scheme his way to the playoffs every year.
    Oh, without a doubt, Goff would have continued to suck under Fisher.

Also I'm not denying that McVay is a very capable offensive coach.

I just think he's a little overhyped. Fact is the team had/added a lot of talent and Wade Phillips is a Top 5 defensive coordinator.

Oh, without a doubt, Goff would have continued to suck under Fisher.

Also I'm not denying that McVay is a very capable offensive coach.

I just think he's a little overhyped. Fact is the team had/added a lot of talent and Wade Phillips is a Top 5 defensive coordinator.
    When you say he's overrated, what exactly does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    When you say he's overrated, what exactly does that mean?
    Overhyped, not overrated.

The McVay hype is very real and evident in this year's HC hirings.

As I said, I think McVay is a good coach.

Overhyped, not overrated.

The McVay hype is very real and evident in this year's HC hirings.

As I said, I think McVay is a good coach.
    He's just hyped, and rightfully so, not overhyped. He's one of the brightest offensive minds in the league, young, very down to earth but with a chip on his shoulder, players love to play for him, and perhaps the most important thing, he's very humble and looks to always search for ways to learn more, adapt and improve. All of this describes the perfect profile of a modern NFL HC, and he embodies it to the fullest. Which is why there's no surprise he's so highly regarded around the league, so much so that teams are desperately looking to find the poor man's versions of him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast