Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,682

    Post Spurs & Nets eyeing up soon to be RFA KP

    Spurs and Nets interested in soon to be RFA KP. Spurs need to create some capspace first though.

    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...ons-pre-agents

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clutch City
    Posts
    2,867
    Knicks are going to match ANYTHING

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    18,676
    I mean, I'm sure most teams would be interested in him. I don't think SA is interested in trading for him either, so not sure how they anticipate this going down

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NY... Jersey Raised
    Posts
    3,827
    I think a lot more teams will be interested in KP lol. He's an RFA so what does that mean? KP's only play if he wants to leave NY is to take the KO for 1 year and become an UFA. That would be a pretty big risk for a guy who is 7'3" coming off an ACL tear who hasn't gotten a big pay day yet in his career and has yet to prove that he is healthy and can be the same player. He may sign a max deal with someone but the Knicks will match. Not really news unless someone wants to give up a top 2 pick this year and another future 1st in a sign and trade.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,682
    KP did skip final day media that one season when he wasn't happy with Phil Jackson. I could see KP saying he wants a trade if a offer is matched. Or say it now so he's traded this season once he's healthy. Not sure what Spurs would offer in return for KP though. Maybe a couple first round picks and Murray and Poeltl? But if he demands out eventually then even less of a return like one first round pick and maybe Poeltl.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,854
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    I think a lot more teams will be interested in KP lol. He's an RFA so what does that mean? KP's only play if he wants to leave NY is to take the KO for 1 year and become an UFA. That would be a pretty big risk for a guy who is 7'3" coming off an ACL tear who hasn't gotten a big pay day yet in his career and has yet to prove that he is healthy and can be the same player. He may sign a max deal with someone but the Knicks will match. Not really news unless someone wants to give up a top 2 pick this year and another future 1st in a sign and trade.
    Apparently you haven't noticed the trend of players forcing their way off teams when they don't want to be there. If KP says, "trade me now" there's not much the team can do except comply.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,854
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    KP did skip final day media that one season when he wasn't happy with Phil Jackson. I could see KP saying he wants a trade if a offer is matched. Or say it now so he's traded this season once he's healthy. Not sure what Spurs would offer in return for KP though. Maybe a couple first round picks and Murray and Poeltl? But if he demands out eventually then even less of a return like one first round pick and maybe Poeltl.
    I think there's no chance the knicks actually want to trade him. The only way he's in a different uniform is if he demands a trade.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,682
    Oh yeah i'm sure Knicks dont wanna part with KP. But KP looked kinda moody last few seasons. But a bit risky for team to trade for him. He's coming back from injury. Also make up of his body reminds me of Big Z with bad feet and works its way to a bad back and playing every other game and resting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    97,899
    This is non news... They will match any offer as they should because they could flip him the next day for a **** ton if they were really worried about how much he was making.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,671
    NY papers saying Knicks want to put health clauses in KP's contract, and KP ain't happy about it.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    97,899
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    NY papers saying Knicks want to put health clauses in KP's contract, and KP ain't happy about it.
    yea we caught a break with embiid willing to do it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,682

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,173
    If Kristaps goes to the Spurs it is a wrap especially if they are able to keep DeRozan, Aldridge, Murray, etc

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If Kristaps goes to the Spurs it is a wrap especially if they are able to keep DeRozan, Aldridge, Murray, etc
    There is literally no feasible way that KP ends up on the spurs. The Knicks match any offer and the Spurs don't have the assets to trade for him.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,173
    Or Kristaps if he wants out of New York him going to Brooklyn he wouldn't necessarily be leaving New York but he would be playing literally on the other side of the city

    Him in a Nets uniform...instant Nets/Knicks rivalry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •