Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Spurs & Nets eyeing up soon to be RFA KP

Spurs and Nets interested in soon to be RFA KP. Spurs need to create some capspace first though.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...ons-pre-agents

Knicks are going to match ANYTHING

I mean, I'm sure most teams would be interested in him. I don't think SA is interested in trading for him either, so not sure how they anticipate this going down

I think a lot more teams will be interested in KP lol. He's an RFA so what does that mean? KP's only play if he wants to leave NY is to take the KO for 1 year and become an UFA. That would be a pretty big risk for a guy who is 7'3" coming off an ACL tear who hasn't gotten a big pay day yet in his career and has yet to prove that he is healthy and can be the same player. He may sign a max deal with someone but the Knicks will match. Not really news unless someone wants to give up a top 2 pick this year and another future 1st in a sign and trade.

KP did skip final day media that one season when he wasn't happy with Phil Jackson. I could see KP saying he wants a trade if a offer is matched. Or say it now so he's traded this season once he's healthy. Not sure what Spurs would offer in return for KP though. Maybe a couple first round picks and Murray and Poeltl? But if he demands out eventually then even less of a return like one first round pick and maybe Poeltl.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    I think a lot more teams will be interested in KP lol. He's an RFA so what does that mean? KP's only play if he wants to leave NY is to take the KO for 1 year and become an UFA. That would be a pretty big risk for a guy who is 7'3" coming off an ACL tear who hasn't gotten a big pay day yet in his career and has yet to prove that he is healthy and can be the same player. He may sign a max deal with someone but the Knicks will match. Not really news unless someone wants to give up a top 2 pick this year and another future 1st in a sign and trade.
    Apparently you haven't noticed the trend of players forcing their way off teams when they don't want to be there. If KP says, "trade me now" there's not much the team can do except comply.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    KP did skip final day media that one season when he wasn't happy with Phil Jackson. I could see KP saying he wants a trade if a offer is matched. Or say it now so he's traded this season once he's healthy. Not sure what Spurs would offer in return for KP though. Maybe a couple first round picks and Murray and Poeltl? But if he demands out eventually then even less of a return like one first round pick and maybe Poeltl.
    I think there's no chance the knicks actually want to trade him. The only way he's in a different uniform is if he demands a trade.

Oh yeah i'm sure Knicks dont wanna part with KP. But KP looked kinda moody last few seasons. But a bit risky for team to trade for him. He's coming back from injury. Also make up of his body reminds me of Big Z with bad feet and works its way to a bad back and playing every other game and resting.

This is non news... They will match any offer as they should because they could flip him the next day for a **** ton if they were really worried about how much he was making.

NY papers saying Knicks want to put health clauses in KP's contract, and KP ain't happy about it.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    NY papers saying Knicks want to put health clauses in KP's contract, and KP ain't happy about it.
    yea we caught a break with embiid willing to do it.

If Kristaps goes to the Spurs it is a wrap especially if they are able to keep DeRozan, Aldridge, Murray, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If Kristaps goes to the Spurs it is a wrap especially if they are able to keep DeRozan, Aldridge, Murray, etc
    There is literally no feasible way that KP ends up on the spurs. The Knicks match any offer and the Spurs don't have the assets to trade for him.

Or Kristaps if he wants out of New York him going to Brooklyn he wouldn't necessarily be leaving New York but he would be playing literally on the other side of the city

Him in a Nets uniform...instant Nets/Knicks rivalry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast