Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I'm gonna throw this out there, but of Philbin isn't the OC dont write off John DeFilippo he is deeply connect to Green Bay and I think its overlooked. I'm sure he would love to show he wasn't the problem. He worked with Pettine in Cleveland in other places, worked under former Packers QB and Andy Reid guy Doug Peterson. Would be an interesting pairing in my view. Joe as Assistant HC, Pettine as DC then fill in from there.
    I'd be fine with that. There is a big difference being a OC under an offensive head coach and his role of OC in Minny. In Minny, he was the offense in terms of the system and the play calling. That wouldn't be the case here.
    Last edited by ugottabjoshinme; 01-09-2019 at 10:18 AM.

I like everything Iíve read about MLF so far.

Iím so tired of hearing all of these packers fans and crappy sensationalist sports media so worried about Rodgers possibly butting heads with him.

Itís so reactionary and just a joke to me.

I bet you Rodgers is pumped. He was sick of the offensive scheme for four ****ing years, at least. He clearly didnít play with the same passion this year, and I donít blame him one bit.

It was infuriating watching a HC (MM) playing addition and subtraction while the rest of the league is advancing to multiplication and subtraction.

You are supposed to have the advantage on offense as the D has to react not knowing what youíre gonna do. Weíve been so predictable over the last few years, that we were almost playing from the opposite end of the spectrum.

The blueprint to defend MMís offense was figured out against KC in the season we went 15-1, and ever since then he has failed to adapt in any major way. He would just sit there on the sideline with that same damn confused look on his face time and time again.

If in a years time we miss the playoffs and Rodgers and MLF are butting heads Iíll start to listen, but until then, Iím thoroughly excited for Rodgers and to watch Packers football again.

We get a fresh start and thereís no way Rodgers isnít relieved and excited about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post

Iím so tired of hearing all of these packers fans and crappy sensationalist sports media so worried about Rodgers possibly butting heads with him.

I bet you Rodgers is pumped. He was sick of the offensive scheme for four ****ing years, at least. He clearly didnít play with the same passion this year, and I donít blame him one bit.

It was infuriating watching a HC (MM) playing addition and subtraction while the rest of the league is advancing to multiplication and subtraction.

You are supposed to have the advantage on offense as the D has to react not knowing what youíre gonna do. Weíve been so predictable over the last few years, that we were almost playing from the opposite end of the spectrum.

The blueprint to defend MMís offense was figured out against KC in the season we went 15-1, and ever since then he has failed to adapt in any major way. He would just sit there on the sideline with that same damn confused look on his face time and time again.

If in a years time we miss the playoffs and Rodgers and MLF are butting heads Iíll start to listen, but until then, Iím thoroughly excited for Rodgers and to watch Packers football again.

We get a fresh start and thereís no way Rodgers isnít relieved and excited about it.

I agree, I think a lot of the things were blown out of proportins, yesterday I think DeAngelo Hall and Shannon Sharpe shed a little light on it, Hall was saying almost every player has thoses moments where they aren't cool with. Rodgers being a bigger superstar than most the story becomes bigger because then it's well he can't get along with Mike McCarthy, and not to mention he doesn't talk to his family, and did I mention he broke up with Olivia Munn a few years back, he has personallity issues, and this is cutting into his play. The funny thing is almost every star QB has their issues with a coach, Brady, Manning, all of them at some point. What works against Rodgers was that coach was actually fired. However, while most people on the outside want to ciriticize him, Rodgers saw what most fans saw, a system that didn't adapt to the personnel on the field, and was predictable. It's not that MM was a bad coach or a bad guy, but he either needed to adapt his scheme or move on. The Packers gave him a chance and they moved on.

Everyone like you said needs a fresh start. Two perfect examples of this Peyton Manning, he worked well with Tony Dungy. It looked like things were going downhill the Colts moved on he got to Denver and was productive under John Fox, he got them to the AFC championship, but a new voice was needed, what did they do they went and got Kubiak who got them to a championship. Same franchise John Elway had success with Dan Reeves, three AFC championships, they moved on, overlook Phillips who was a one and done guy, but quickly they add in Mike Shanahan, won two Super Bowls with an aging QB. Shannahan and Kubiak both guys who worked with LaFleur surely are guys he may call for some advice on how to take over a guy like Rodgers. The more it unfolds the more it makes sense. Another stupid thing to add from the media is LaFleur's age and speaking of Elway and Shannan, Shannahan was 41 years old when he took over the Broncos Elway I think 35, they didn't become home boys and it worked out just fine. Mike McCarthy took over in Green Bay at 42, Brett Favre was 39 never home boys. I'm not sure why the media is sensasionalizing LaFleurs age to Rodgers either.

I'm sick of hearing about the Titans 27th ranked offense under MLF. Their personnel is terrible and that ranking means nothing in terms of MLF's ability to coach offense.

I bet Rodgers is jacked and ready to go.

According to NFL Next Gen Stats, Tennessee had the highest expected completion percentage in the league last season at 68.7 percent.

The statistic gives an indication of the level of difficulty of a quarterback's throws. A high number indicates a quarterback's propensity to throw higher-probability passes, while a low measurement tells us a quarterback has a tendency to take more chances.
    Rodgers is going to be running an offense that will have open receivers instead of him needing to be perfect and throw everyone open like he's had to do for years. March down the field with high percentage throws and take shots when needed. It is going to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I'm sick of hearing about the Titans 27th ranked offense under MLF. Their personnel is terrible and that ranking means nothing in terms of MLF's ability to coach offense.

I bet Rodgers is jacked and ready to go.

Rodgers is going to be running an offense that will have open receivers instead of him needing to be perfect and throw everyone open like he's had to do for years. March down the field with high percentage throws and take shots when needed. It is going to be perfect.
    Ive always agreed that we need a new offensive system lately, but re-engaging Rodgers is the key. The throwing guys open thing is not correct. Hes had guys open that he hasn't been looking at for quite some time. So the new system is encouraging, but it really is up to Rodgers to decide how this goes. Getting guys open is one thing, and as weird as this is to say, actually throwing it to those guys is another. While the first part was an issue under MM, the 2nd part was very much an issue as well.

Not only that, someone has charted wide open throw percentage for a few years. Rodgers miss rate on wide open throws was more than double last year what it was in the past. That's very likely at least partially due to lazy mechanics. And maybe the injury played a part in that, but Rodgers missed alot of open throws last year. Even some short, quick hitting bubble screen throws this year ended up awful. And before anyone blames the young receivers, there were plenty of bad screen passes and wide open misses to Cobb as well.

Rodgers is the key to this all. He still has all the skills to be elite. But he needs to decide how he will age. Will he age like Brady or Brees and win with his mind and presnap reads? Because if he's willing to do that, I think MLF is a great fit for allowing that. If he decides he isn't going to change how he plays and wants to extend plays and scramble a bunch, then it's going to be tough to reign him in for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    My biggest quarrel of Taylor would be that he is likley here one year and gone the next. If he's not that means he and this team flopped in my view. He's a head coach candidate as a QB coach and that will only get more interesting as an OC. Not that that should be a complete deterrant, but I am interested to see who he hires.
    If I'm Taylor I'm not going anywhere I can't call plays on top of it.

MLF is Mattís abbreviation

MiLF

I feel like I read this same post today

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    If I'm Taylor I'm not going anywhere I can't call plays on top of it.
    I hear you on that, not to mention he's a HC candidate as a QB coach, why mess with that.

Zac Taylor makes a ton of sense in Denver now as an OC

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Ive always agreed that we need a new offensive system lately, but re-engaging Rodgers is the key. The throwing guys open thing is not correct. Hes had guys open that he hasn't been looking at for quite some time. So the new system is encouraging, but it really is up to Rodgers to decide how this goes. Getting guys open is one thing, and as weird as this is to say, actually throwing it to those guys is another. While the first part was an issue under MM, the 2nd part was very much an issue as well.

Not only that, someone has charted wide open throw percentage for a few years. Rodgers miss rate on wide open throws was more than double last year what it was in the past. That's very likely at least partially due to lazy mechanics. And maybe the injury played a part in that, but Rodgers missed alot of open throws last year. Even some short, quick hitting bubble screen throws this year ended up awful. And before anyone blames the young receivers, there were plenty of bad screen passes and wide open misses to Cobb as well.

Rodgers is the key to this all. He still has all the skills to be elite. But he needs to decide how he will age. Will he age like Brady or Brees and win with his mind and presnap reads? Because if he's willing to do that, I think MLF is a great fit for allowing that. If he decides he isn't going to change how he plays and wants to extend plays and scramble a bunch, then it's going to be tough to reign him in for anyone.
    As of now, I'm not super concerned with Rodgers. All reports are that he likes and wants to be coached, so I'm just assuming his relationship with MM was so bad at the end with the power struggle that he kind of tuned him out.

I expect (hope) Rodgers to be fully committed to jumping into this new scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    As of now, I'm not super concerned with Rodgers. All reports are that he likes and wants to be coached, so I'm just assuming his relationship with MM was so bad at the end with the power struggle that he kind of tuned him out.

I expect (hope) Rodgers to be fully committed to jumping into this new scheme.
    I've heard this type of arguement for alot of people but the thing for me is why is that acceptable? Why is it not a bad thing that your best player tuned out a coach he didnt agree with? And I know everyone says MMs offense was stale and he was the one to blame, but who says Rodgers vision of the offense is better? What if Rodgers ideas and MLF's ideas about what the best plays and routes are differ? We obviously would expect Rodgers to defer to the coach, but that's not what he's been doing lately, so why would it change?

Again, im not saying Rodgers is bad or a locker room problem or anything, but it sort of amazes me how much people seem to think blatantly disregarding coaching and intentionally changing play calls because you don't agree (not because the defense dictates it) isn't a big deal.

By all accounts, Rodgers likes philbin and wanted philbin to be the head coach. But his bad habits, his disregarding open wrs and check downs for the deep ball and his poor fundamentals continued with philbin. Which kind of leads me to believe he thinks his way is the best way forward for the offense. And his way of getting philbin the job was to just play hero ball better than he had been, not just take what's given to him. It's up to lafluer to convince him that's not the case. And I hope he can do it because if he does, we are a good off-season away from contention. If he continues with this sort of my way is the only way attitude, it could mean trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I've heard this type of arguement for alot of people but the thing for me is why is that acceptable? Why is it not a bad thing that your best player tuned out a coach he didnt agree with? And I know everyone says MMs offense was stale and he was the one to blame, but who says Rodgers vision of the offense is better? What if Rodgers ideas and MLF's ideas about what the best plays and routes are differ? We obviously would expect Rodgers to defer to the coach, but that's not what he's been doing lately, so why would it change?

Again, im not saying Rodgers is bad or a locker room problem or anything, but it sort of amazes me how much people seem to think blatantly disregarding coaching and intentionally changing play calls because you don't agree (not because the defense dictates it) isn't a big deal.

By all accounts, Rodgers likes philbin and wanted philbin to be the head coach. But his bad habits, his disregarding open wrs and check downs for the deep ball and his poor fundamentals continued with philbin. Which kind of leads me to believe he thinks his way is the best way forward for the offense. And his way of getting philbin the job was to just play hero ball better than he had been, not just take what's given to him. It's up to lafluer to convince him that's not the case. And I hope he can do it because if he does, we are a good off-season away from contention. If he continues with this sort of my way is the only way attitude, it could mean trouble.
    If it continues then Rodgers will have to go. Heís not bigger than the team. But I honestly think and feel that he will be fine moving forward. I just think he was over MMís ways.

Sounds like Joe Philbin may not be coming back after all, he's been granted permission to interview in Minnesota. Which might be the professional way of saying thanks but you gotta go too.

I donít think anyone really thinks Rodgers attitude of late has been acceptable. On one hand itís understandable, but Iíd expect better.

Bottom line is thereís a lot of pressure on him now- nobody left to blame.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast