Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jerry said on the fan that Dak is getting extended

Jerry can change his mind, doesnt even have to do it before next year (extension) but for a owner/gm who publicly wont talk about firing coaches he has no problem talking extension for Dak.

I dont think hes been coached in three years beyond dink and dunk. regardless of his stats he has the arm talent to do a lot more, the mechanics and decision making....not so much so far.

This is a terrible idea. I want Dak to be good, it honestly gives the team the best chance to win for longer than spending years rebuilding.

So as of now that its happening what are you comfortable with? Andy Dalton type of deal with 6 years at 96 and a chunk of that being signing bonus so his yearly figure is significantly lower the first four years? I cant think of any other contracts that make sense. Keenum got way too much, so did Bradford in free agency. Bortles is gettng 15 million a year next year and the one after. Alex Smith signed a four year 94 million dollar deal.

its a trainwreck folks. Not that results have been any different than the past 20 years but its a trainwreck because we know Jerry isnt going to hire the type of coach who has control of the roster and will stand up to Jerry and trade away Jerrys second family off the team.

I'd offer maybe 5 years at about 30 million only based on what he did the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I'd offer maybe 5 years at about 30 million only based on what he did the last 2 years.
    Are you saying 30 million/year or 6 million per year? I would hope for a team friendly deal at about 22 to 24 million per year.
    Last edited by zookman65; 11-07-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Are you saying 30 million/year or 6 million per year? I would hope for a team friendly deal at about 22 to 24 million per year.
    I think he means 5 years/30 million (6 million a year). Dude plays like a decent backup QB so it would only be fair to pay him like one.

He's not worth $20+ a million per year. He has done nothing. But I'm at 6 million a year only

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    5/30 seems fair based on production. People have been losing their $h1t over this however Jerry never said Dak was being extended to be the starter and never said he was giving Dak $100 mil like some has suggested. You canít forget that as much as Jerry talks Stephen is the one in charge of the money these days. I donít believe that he showed Romo and Dez the door (and like Sean Lee this off season) just to give Dak $100 mil.

With that said 5/30 (or even 3/30) is fair based on production to be the long term backup on this team. Heís still the type of guy you want in your locker room and the type of guy you would want to help bring along a younger QB (one drafted in 2020).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    5/30 seems fair based on production. People have been losing their $h1t over this however Jerry never said Dak was being extended to be the starter and never said he was giving Dak $100 mil like some has suggested. You canít forget that as much as Jerry talks Stephen is the one in charge of the money these days. I donít believe that he showed Romo and Dez the door (and like Sean Lee this off season) just to give Dak $100 mil.

With that said 5/30 (or even 3/30) is fair based on production to be the long term backup on this team. Heís still the type of guy you want in your locker room and the type of guy you would want to help bring along a younger QB (one drafted in 2020).
    I am blaming this on Garrett ruining him with the Atlanta game combined with horrible passing scheme. Hard to believe but his first 24 games were the best first season and a half by any QB ever at that point. Now he cant play. My contention is that he either signs here for the going QB rate of anywhere between 15 to 25 per year or we deem he isnt good enough and we let him walk. No way he will sign for 6 when other teams probably know that if you pair him with the emerging college spread in NFL concept he will likely be productive again. Somebody would throw 15 per year to him. My prediction is he signs for going QB rate or he walks pure and simple.

Just heard a convincing argument from David Moore of the Dallas Morning News that one of the biggest issues is the Cowboys running game from a context dependent perspective - Zeke is 31st in the league on 3rd and less than 2 situations. If we are honest one of the biggest differences from 2016 is that the O-line is mediocre at best compared to their super-galactic performance in 2016 with absolutely no help from their horrible scheme - last in the league on play action passing on 1st and 2nd down for gods sake. Fire him already Jerry.
    Last edited by zookman65; 11-09-2018 at 12:11 PM.

I am blaming this on Garrett ruining him with the Atlanta game combined with horrible passing scheme. Hard to believe but his first 24 games were the best first season and a half by any QB ever at that point. Now he cant play. My contention is that he either signs here for the going QB rate of anywhere between 15 to 25 per year or we deem he isnt good enough and we let him walk. No way he will sign for 6 when other teams probably know that if you pair him with the emerging college spread in NFL concept he will likely be productive again. Somebody would throw 15 per year to him. My prediction is he signs for going QB rate or he walks pure and simple.
    If heís asking for 15-25 I say let him walk. Heís not worth that much. I might be willing to go as high as $12/per but would prefer $10/per. Heís not an accurate QB at all. He did a great job his 1st year when conditions were perfect and the team had basically no injuries. Conditions are rarely ever perfect and when theyíre not heís shown he cannot get the job done. Iíd rather start over with a rookie that is actually accurate at throwing the ball. Giving Dak $25/per would set this franchise back even further and would be one of the hugest mistakes of Jerryís time in Dallas.

If heís asking for 15-25 I say let him walk. Heís not worth that much. I might be willing to go as high as $12/per but would prefer $10/per. Heís not an accurate QB at all. He did a great job his 1st year when conditions were perfect and the team had basically no injuries. Conditions are rarely ever perfect and when theyíre not heís shown he cannot get the job done. Iíd rather start over with a rookie that is actually accurate at throwing the ball. Giving Dak $25/per would set this franchise back even further and would be one of the hugest mistakes of Jerryís time in Dallas.
    Youíre lucky if you get a backup qb worth his salt for $10m. You arenít getting a starting qb for any less than like $18m a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Youíre lucky if you get a backup qb worth his salt for $10m. You arenít getting a starting qb for any less than like $18m a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then I let him walk and I draft one. No way Iím paying Dak $18 mil a year with the production heís had.

Then I let him walk and I draft one. No way Iím paying Dak $18 mil a year with the production heís had.
    the best option is a new staff especially at oc and qb coach that will make dak better

next best option is if he sucks next year and we have a high pick. you arent getting a great qb in the draft outside of the top of the draft. your chances are slim to none like 99-1 you arent getting one if you arent taking one high.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    the best option is a new staff especially at oc and qb coach that will make dak better

next best option is if he sucks next year and we have a high pick. you arent getting a great qb in the draft outside of the top of the draft. your chances are slim to none like 99-1 you arent getting one if you arent taking one high.
    There are about 7 quality QBís projected to come out in the 2020 draft. Pretty much all of them from what I understand are being projected as 1st rounders. There is likely a QB there in the middle of the 1st round. Or if need be they could trade up for one.

The one thing I worry about is the availability of John Stephen Jones. I believe he will be in that draft and I know the Jonesí will have a serious hard on to draft him. I just hope they donít draft him higher than he should be just because heís a Jones boy.

There are about 7 quality QBís projected to come out in the 2020 draft. Pretty much all of them from what I understand are being projected as 1st rounders. There is likely a QB there in the middle of the 1st round. Or if need be they could trade up for one.

The one thing I worry about is the availability of John Stephen Jones. I believe he will be in that draft and I know the Jonesí will have a serious hard on to draft him. I just hope they donít draft him higher than he should be just because heís a Jones boy.
    Notice how much better Dak looks without Conor Williams at Left Guard and Amari Cooper in the mix. Analytics showed that pre-Amari the Cowboys receivers were getting less separation than anyone in league. He loosens everything up.
    With some good play calling and protection Dak is good enough to win with the way this team is constructed. He needs to work on getting the ball out quicker in some cases. Let's all remember when Tony threw inexplicable late game INTs in win-and-your-in games circa 2010, 12 people were ready to throw him out. He eventually grew into the QB that led the 2014 team to one playoff win. Hang in there another year on Dak.
    Last edited by zookman65; 11-19-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Notice how much better Dak looks without Conor Williams at Left Guard and Amari Cooper in the mix. Analytics showed that pre-Amari the Cowboys receivers were getting less separation than anyone in league. He loosens everything up.
    With some good play calling and protection Dak is good enough to win with the way this team is constructed. He needs to work on getting the ball out quicker in some cases. Let's all remember when Tony threw inexplicable late game INTs in win-and-your-in games circa 2010, 12 people were ready to throw him out. He eventually grew into the QB that led the 2014 team to one playoff win. Hang in there another year on Dak.
    Dak will still get another year to figure it out. They will get have all of next season to see if heíll be the guy. If not I still think 2020 is they best shot at drafting a replacement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast