Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: True Dak Facts

True Dak Facts

- Dak has highest career passer rating (min 1000 attempts) of any QB drafted since 2013
    - Dak has the 2nd highest passer rating 131.9 (behind only Brady 135.5) on deep passes with the score close (+/- 8) in the 4th quarter or overtime 2016-2018 (min 20 att)
    - Of all the QBs in NFL history to attempt 900 + passes in their first three seasons, only two have had a passer rating of 95+ and 10+ rushing TDs: Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson
    - Dak did something this season that Tony Romo never did: Pass for over 3800 yards while completing over 67 percent of passes. The only season Tony every passed for 67 percent or more (2014) he only threw for 3200 yards.
    - Most wins with a 60% completion rate or better and no INTs, 2016-2018
    Dak 26
    Brady 20
    Brees 19
    - Dak's 23 wins with a passer rating of 100+ are the MOST in NFL history for a QB in his first 3 seasons
    Since Amari's debut with Cowboys no QB in NFL has thrown more deep TD passes than Dak
    - Prominent QB's this year that Dak completed a higher percentage of passes than:
    Roethilsberger
    Luck
    Brady
    Russell Wilson
    Jared Goff
    Patrick Mahomes
    Baker Mayfield
    Aaron Rodgers
    Mitchell Trubisky
    - Of ALL the QBs in NFL history to throw 900+ passes in their first 3 seasons combined, Dak Prescott has the highest career completion percentage (66.1%) AND the lowest interception percentage (1.69%)

(Courtesy of the True Dak Facts twitter account) Verified on Pro Football Reference
    Last edited by zookman65; 01-07-2019 at 01:01 AM.

I know you've been touting the whole completion percentage stat, but it's really overblown IMO. A guy can complete a ton of dumpoff passes and have a very high completion percentage. It doesn't really tell us whether he had a good game or not. We'd need more context, like YPA, total passing yards, etc.

Dak has really picked up his game since Amari came along, but we have to keep it in perspective. Dak, right now, is a solid but not great QB. We can all see that Dak has some accuracy issues when throwing the down the field sometimes. His inconsistent footwork plays a big role in that. He also lacks in pocket awareness far too often. That said, he seems to be a very good leader. He's a very good scrambler too. In terms of his throws, he clearly has the ability to make any throw you want. He's shown that. The problem is consistency on that front. I'm hoping he will develop more consistency as he gets more work in. It's easy to forget he is only in his 3rd year.

Yes he can definitely continue to grow. I do think if we get Frederick back next year and get another year behind Conor Williams (played much better against Seattle) that you will find that some of the sacks go away. Not all are on Dak. Many are but when he gets blown up from the left guard spot that is not a sack to blame on him. The 4th quarter do called clutch stats really stick out to me. More times than not he seems to figure it out in 4th quarter or late game drives. Let's hope they are in position to make this happen again Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Yes he can definitely continue to grow. I do think if we get Frederick back next year and get another year behind Conor Williams (played much better against Seattle) that you will find that some of the sacks go away. Not all are on Dak. Many are but when he gets blown up from the left guard spot that is not a sack to blame on him. The 4th quarter do called clutch stats really stick out to me. More times than not he seems to figure it out in 4th quarter or late game drives. Let's hope they are in position to make this happen again Saturday night
    Yeah his clutch stats tell his story pretty well. He has always been able to turn it on when he needs to, even if he hadn't been playing well up to that point in the game. Also I agree not all the sacks on him, but certainly more than there ought to be. Just another area to improve.

If you had to choose Goff or Dak who do you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah his clutch stats tell his story pretty well. He has always been able to turn it on when he needs to, even if he hadn't been playing well up to that point in the game. Also I agree not all the sacks on him, but certainly more than there ought to be. Just another area to improve.

If you had to choose Goff or Dak who do you take?
    On the surface (tangibles) you would choose Goff all day perhaps over almost any QB in league. From an intangible (leadership) I would choose Dak. If I had my Druthers I would choose a McVay from an offensive innovation perspective over Linehan. Still would involve Zeke in the running game ala Gurley but much more innovative in scheming guys open with the 4 vertical "legal" pick plays etc.

On the surface (tangibles) you would choose Goff all day perhaps over almost any QB in league. From an intangible (leadership) I would choose Dak. If I had my Druthers I would choose a McVay from an offensive innovation perspective over Linehan. Still would involve Zeke in the running game ala Gurley but much more innovative in scheming guys open with the 4 vertical "legal" pick plays etc.
    It would be pretty cool to see what McVay would do with Dak. I imagine we'd see a lot more RPO too. I will never understand why we don't run more pick plays. They get called maybe 1/4 of the time. Well worth it for the fact that they are then basically unguardable 75% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    It would be pretty cool to see what McVay would do with Dak. I imagine we'd see a lot more RPO too. I will never understand why we don't run more pick plays. They get called maybe 1/4 of the time. Well worth it for the fact that they are then basically unguardable 75% of the time.
    Just happened Sunday against Redskins. Bob Sturm had a great analysis of the new Dallas propensity for pick plays in his Decoding Kellen Moore spot in the Athletic this week. I guess Linehan really was the problem

Just happened Sunday against Redskins. Bob Sturm had a great analysis of the new Dallas propensity for pick plays in his Decoding Kellen Moore spot in the Athletic this week. I guess Linehan really was the problem
    Surprise surprise to us all to hear that [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Interesting. I didn't read his breakdown this week yet, but I'll have to check it out!

It seems more and more like it was Linehan. I wonder how much of Dez being cut was due to Linehan too? Seems like he had a very big part in it.