Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFC Divisional Round: #6 Philadelphia Eagles (10-7) at #1 New Orleans Saints (13-3)

Big rematch in the Dome!

Sean has had 2 weeks to get team healthy and ready for Eagles. Remember when they said we could not beat Warner and Cardinals. What happened

Can't wait!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sams View Post
    Sean has had 2 weeks to get team healthy and ready for Eagles. Remember when they said we could not beat Warner and Cardinals. What happened
    #1 seed again and playing the birds who were in the previous Super Bowl.

The Eagles are playing better, but the Bears did shoot themselves in the foot. It will be an interesting game.

Only loss for Nick Foles in the playoffs: 2013 playoffs against the Saints at home.

I get that Philly had won four in a row, but it seems like a lot of people are discounting the Saints. They think Philly is on fire, and the Saints are ice cold. I have some issues with this and general thoughts:

1) Philly's streak is impressive, but let's look at it. They beat a limping Rams team in LA (where it has no home field advantage), beat the Texans at home (who are not great and worse on the road), demolished the Skins who were on their 4th QB, and beat an inexperienced Bears team. The Eagles did what they had to do, but I'm not convinced they're invincible and untouchable.

2) I think the Saints are mature enough that rest helps them instead of throws them off their game (I'm worried about the Rams in that regard). The Eagles have played better thanks to an improved pass rush. If Armstead and the line are healthier, this helps the Saints.

3) The Eagles are motivated, but I wonder if they're coming in overconfident and over aggressive. I look for Payton to test that.

4) Be ready for Sproles. Could be his last game. Wouldn't mind seeing it happen in the Dome. He's a weapon they didn't have last time. Saints should have him scouted.

5) Hate the -8 line. Vegas overvalues the Saints.

6) Philly can't run, and the Saints can stop the run. I know they love Foles, but being one dimensional catches up to a team.

I'm telling you AJ imo the last thing we want is a team focusing on the run......its just disruptive to everything we do and it causes us to lose at worse or play in some really close games at best.

So please Foles air it out! My number one concern with that is will our DLine be able to get pressure on a really good Philly Oline.

Last thing we need is a team slowing the game on Offense running the ball and simultaneously giving a pocket QB a clean pocket to pass. That all equals BAD imo!

I don't think or at least I hope Philly doesn't show the patience to stick with the run.

XFactor is Eli Apple teams think they can pick on him. If Apple just gets his head around in coverage he will be a key contributor to winning against this pass.

On offense all the Saints need to do is play with tempo start to finish. Payton had it right years ago, when the Saints offense plays fast they are almost unbeatable.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

I imagine Payton has the team ready.
    Seems we're as healthy as we're going to be. If we don't win, it's because we were rusty, or this poor play over the last month was a real sign of where this team was at.

Could be our last best chance at a superbowl in the Brees era. Especially with Thomas and Jordan up for new contracts soon.

The Eagles are getting too much credit. Foles threw 2 ugly interceptions last week. They don't have a strong running back and only averaged 1.8 yards per carry. Yes they played the Bears awesome defense, but our defense was even better per attempt during the regular season. The Eagles DB's got beat a few times badly on double moves that the Bears did not convert. They are not a strong group. During the regular season Philly was 21st against the run and 30th against the pass. They were a missed kick away from going home. They are a good team, but if they were going to upset us Foles would need to light us up. Foles go to guy is Jeffery. I like our match up with Lattimore. The Eagles offensive line was great against the Bears protecting Foles. We were 5th in sacks in 2018 and if we can get pressure I see a double digit win.

My only concern is the secondary. They have played much better the second half of the season, but there have been a few games that the opposing team has picked on one of our corners. Every time they needed a big play they went after the same corner. Apple has done well so we shouldn't be overly concerned. Coach made an adjustment and has Apple pressing more. This seams to have made a big difference for Apple.
    Last edited by Wes Mantooth; 01-10-2019 at 12:24 PM.

10. 01-11-2019, 11:06 AM

I read somewhere that Apple's stats dramatically improve the deeper into a game he goes. Watch for that early, but history says he'll settle down.

Imagine if P-Rib hadn't gone down. They miss him, but can win without him.

D-line has to get pressure. It's all about Jordan and Rankins. Hopefully, Davenport, Okafor, or Onyemata make some plays here or there.

Home teams dominating this round. That needs to continue!

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Home teams dominating this round. That needs to continue!
    Yes
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

So, what will you guys be doing with your next two weeks lol

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    so, what will you guys be doing with your next two weeks lol
    lol
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

We are playing like we already got paid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast