Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2197
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Anyone else low key want to see Desmond Ridder in purple. Ridder vs Mond qb battle would be fun
    I wouldn't say no to that
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Anyone else low key want to see Desmond Ridder in purple. Ridder vs Mond qb battle would be fun
    It's going to be interesting to see where he ends up being ranked come draft day. Right now most mocks don't have a QB going in the top 10 (which likely changes by draft day) and many only have Willis and Corral in the 1st round (which likely also changes)

We also have 0 idea what we actually have in Mond yet...but I guess a 3rd pick isn't that significant for draft capital to get the right guy behind center.

So, are we at a point of NOT wanting wins to improve draft position? Or improve Cousins' stock to increase chances we can find a suck...er trade partner......or both?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Desmond Ridder isn’t a very good pro prospect. Pass on him. Willis from Liberty is only QB I have any interest in. It’s not a good class next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Desmond Ridder isn’t a very good pro prospect. Pass on him. Willis from Liberty is only QB I have any interest in. It’s not a good class next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every highlight I looked at made me think Kaepernick...and if that's his ceiling (just talking football skills)

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Every highlight I looked at made me think Kaepernick...and if that's his ceiling (just talking football skills)
    That's why they are highlight films lol
    2022 Vikings Draft:

NFL insider says Vikings are ‘biggest sleeper’ to land Deshaun Watson
    Jordy McElroy
    January 24, 2022 3:54 pm CT

To no one’s surprise, the Minnesota Vikings are one of the teams at the center of the Deshaun Watson trade rumors, even though they still have Kirk Cousins locked in for the 2022 season.

NFL Insider and former ESPN analyst Jordan Schultz is pegging the Vikings as the “biggest sleeper” to land the Houston Texans star quarterback.

“Sources tell me the biggest sleeper in the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes—the Minnesota Vikings,” said Schultz on Take The Points. “The key element here, No. 1, is that Deshaun, who has a no-trade clause, I’m told, would at least consider waiving it to play in Minnesota. Secondly, the Vikings, even without a GM and head coach right now, believe internally that Kirk Cousins is not a Super Bowl-caliber quarterback.”

We’ve reached the time of the year where everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

Sure, Watson playing for the Vikings sounds good on the surface. He has the sort of elite talent that could set the team up to contend for years to come.

But he’s also facing serious accusations with 22 civil lawsuits for sexual misconduct.

Also, the actual parameters surrounding a trade are hard to envision. Minnesota isn’t just going to outright cut Cousins and leave $45 million in dead cap money on the table. So any trade with the Texans would likely include some form of a player swap with draft picks embedded in the deal.

At one point, the Texans were believed to want as many as three first-round draft picks for Watson, who missed the entire 2021 season. Engineering a trade of this magnitude would be quite a way to rock the boat for the incoming GM.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/202...eshaun-watson/
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Watson would be a dream. Make it happen!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

What would we have to give up for Watson?
    What's the likely number of games he'll be suspended for?

1. I don't care about the legal ramifications. He most likely will come to a settlement, and he already sat out all of last year. The NFL want their stars to play, and will say that him sitting out last year will count as punishment. I don't think he misses much more, if not any more time if he decides to play.

2. What do we think about including Danielle Hunter in a trade for him? You would think that a still young, stud pass rusher would go a long way in trade talks with the Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPride View Post
    1. I don't care about the legal ramifications. He most likely will come to a settlement, and he already sat out all of last year. The NFL want their stars to play, and will say that him sitting out last year will count as punishment. I don't think he misses much more, if not any more time if he decides to play.

2. What do we think about including Danielle Hunter in a trade for him? You would think that a still young, stud pass rusher would go a long way in trade talks with the Texans.
    I'm cool with trading for Watson but I don't want to trade Hunter. I would rather give up more draft picks. Hunter is the only legit building block we have on this defense.
    2022 Vikings Draft:

I'm cool with trading for Watson but I don't want to trade Hunter. I would rather give up more draft picks. Hunter is the only legit building block we have on this defense.
    My guess is a brand new GM would much prefer to trade Hunter and keep draft picks to get his "own guys".

I don't disagree, but I'll add the caveat of.....he's missed 26 of our last 33 games

I also don't buy this 'GM wants their guy' mindset....that's HCs, and generally only their QB (not that they won't make changes in personnel based on O and D their coordinators will be running)

I don't disagree, but I'll add the caveat of.....he's missed 26 of our last 33 games

I also don't buy this 'GM wants their guy' mindset....that's HCs, and generally only their QB (not that they won't make changes in personnel based on O and D their coordinators will be running)
    GM's are more involved in draft picks then head coaches.

Head coaches want their own QB. GM's want to get their own guys. I can't see someone accepting the GM job of this team, and then packing up all their draft pick equity for one player, especially someone as into analytics as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPride View Post
    My guess is a brand new GM would much prefer to trade Hunter and keep draft picks to get his "own guys".
    oh yeah definitely. It's going to be interesting to see how our new GM balances keeping current players and bringing in guys he likes. With Hunter, I've seen a lot of people speculate he'll be gone but I don't like it. We can reduce his cap hit for 2022 by converting his 18 million dollar roster bonus to a signing bonus and spreading it out over the next few years of his contract. He just turned 27 so we'll still be getting prime Hunter for another 3-4 years, maybe longer. Plus like I said, he's the only legit young star player on this defense. Our pass rush is awful without him. Stud edge rushers are hard to find.
    2022 Vikings Draft:

Freak injuries, though. He proved he's over the neck issue and the torn pec he had a Cowboys lineman fall on his arm/shoulder while he was trying to make a tackle. He won't have any issue coming back from the pec injury. Zero injuries prior to a couple fluky ones. He'll be fine going forward.
    2022 Vikings Draft: