Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 121 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2197
    I am not a fan of trading Hunter.

Im intrigued by Kenny Willekes. Id like to see what he could do with more playing time

Another thing to consider with Hunter. If the Vikings do hire Ryans as HC, I'm sure he will want to keep Hunter. 49ers success on D had a lot to do with Nick Bosa being unblockable. Hunter is a similar player.

Also if we do hire Ryans I want the 49ers DL coach Kris Kocurek too. That dude knows how to develop talent. Brandon Thorn called him a superstar coach. He's been a DL coach since 2010 with the Lions, Dolphins, and 49ers. Maybe it's time for him to become a DC? Whatever we gotta do to get him here I'm all for it.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 01-25-2022 at 09:51 PM.
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

I do not want to get rid of Hunter either, but we certainly can't go into next year with his cap hit as high as it is. And QB>>>>>DE. If he can get us Watson, I think we'd be crazy not to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPride View Post
    I do not want to get rid of Hunter either, but we certainly can't go into next year with his cap hit as high as it is. And QB>>>>>DE. If he can get us Watson, I think we'd be crazy not to look into it.
    yeah, they piled up that roster bonus on this offseason....and his contract runs out after 2023.......so to keep him means to likely extend him......
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yes, but from what crazy talk I have heard it would be Hunter + a 1st or two. That is too rich for me.

If it was Hunter for Watson then sure.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Yes, but from what crazy talk I have heard it would be Hunter + a 1st or two. That is too rich for me.

The Texans are known to want 5 assets- like 3 1sts and 2 2nds ....so to them, Hunter would just qualify as 1 asset

If Hunter can get us Watson then I will agree to trade Hunter. But that's basically the only somewhat realistic scenario where I would consider moving him.
    2022 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    yeah, they piled up that roster bonus on this offseason....and his contract runs out after 2023.......so to keep him means to likely extend him......
    I read Hunters roster bonus can be converted into a signing bonus and spread out over the next few years. His deal has two void years so that would cause two years of dead money (5.6 each year) but that move would get us under the cap without having to trade Cousins. Basically gives you two cheap years with Hunter, his age 28 and 29 seasons. It'll be a lot easier to move on from a 30 year old Hunter.
    2022 Vikings Draft:

The Texans are known to want 5 assets- like 3 1sts and 2 2nds ....so to them, Hunter would just qualify as 1 asset
    So that a no from me. Watson has too much luggage to spend that much.

So that a no from me. Watson has too much luggage to spend that much.
    I wonder how much leverage the Texans actually have? Watson is obviously a great QB but I would have to imagine his trade market is rather limited considering his baggage. The Texans will want a haul for him but if nobody is willing to give up massive assets then what does Houston do? He also is set to see a substantial bump in pay in 2022. Hard to believe Houston will get the return they want for Watson. I doubt he comes to Minnesota but I'm still eager to see how this plays out.
    2022 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wonder how much leverage the Texans actually have? Watson is obviously a great QB but I would have to imagine his trade market is rather limited considering his baggage. The Texans will want a haul for him but if nobody is willing to give up massive assets then what does Houston do? He also is set to see a substantial bump in pay in 2022. Hard to believe Houston will get the return they want for Watson. I doubt he comes to Minnesota but I'm still eager to see how this plays out.
    It's like selling a business...you may think you know what a fair value for it is, blue sky and all.......doesn't mean you can get anywhere near that in the end.

Just because an asset owner believes the value is higher doesn't mean there's a buyer willing to pay it. IMO when Watson is traded, my bet is it will be for significantly less than Houston wants.

It's like selling a business...you may think you know what a fair value for it is, blue sky and all.......doesn't mean you can get anywhere near that in the end.

Just because an asset owner believes the value is higher doesn't mean there's a buyer willing to pay it. IMO when Watson is traded, my bet is it will be for significantly less than Houston wants.
    Thatís my thinking too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Vikings Draft:

if watson even plays again in the nfl

Cousins
    Thielen
    Hitman Harry
    Hunter

For salary cap reasons, you can only keep 3. Which do you purge?
    That's another part of the Keep Cousins or not question......keeping him means tough decisions elsewhere.