Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 98 of 114 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1706
    Ok this crying about wasted draft picks hold up Gladney wasn't even the best player at his position they drafted last year. Hey remember Justin Jefferson ya they picked him when some here said get Jalen friggin Reagor. This team has drafted at least three hall of famers in the first since I been a fan and thats just the first round. Bye Gladney maybe you can live up to the nickname "el jefe" and dig a tunnel out of jail deuces.

Forrest Lamp signed with the Bills
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Forrest Lamp signed with the Bills
    It is just unreal. we have 7m in cap space, another 7m coming from rudy being cut, and we still havent extended Harrison Smith yet. There just has to be a signing that is coming that hasnt leaked yet, or an upcoming trade rick is confident about, because right now, on paper, we have the worst OL in the history of the league.

Other teams know this, and will get in front of us in the draft to take the OL people we target.

Pretty disappointing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by APmvp28 View Post
    It is just unreal. we have 7m in cap space, another 7m coming from rudy being cut, and we still havent extended Harrison Smith yet. There just has to be a signing that is coming that hasnt leaked yet, or an upcoming trade rick is confident about, because right now, on paper, we have the worst OL in the history of the league.

Other teams know this, and will get in front of us in the draft to take the OL people we target.

They want Eric Fisher and my guess is something will get done.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Thats all well and good but what if he gets hurt again, what if Bradbury gets hurt, or O'neill.

The Bills and Browns are two teams i'll nitpick and point out that consistently just sign 3-5 Free Agent OL in free agency almost every year. They get depth, competition, and security.

Rick literally targets 1 ****ing guy every offseason and lowballs him. Then when he signs elsewhere all the FA are gone. We don't just need starters, we need depth too. Watching a dozen guys who started 500 snaps last year with better PFF stats than our starting interior Oline for 1-1.5 million while Rick sits on his hands and overpays for Fisher and his torn Achilles is laughable. Don't get me wrong I will celebrate the Fisher signing but jesus christ LT is NOT the only hole on this Oline and Dakota Dozier and Cole are literally nothing in reality and on paper.

I think their waiting until after the draft to make a move. They'll have a better understanding of what final holes need to be filled. Plus, with fewer jobs available the price tags for some of these guys should fall.

There is still a good group of OT's left (Fisher/Okung/Villaneuva) but with the draft so stacked at OT it's smarter to wait on those guys until after the draft. If somebody like Slater falls to us then we may not need an OT, depending on where we decide to play him. But if the Vikings go edge rusher round 1 then circling back to one of these guys makes a lot of sense.

I just don't see any way they don't use up that cap space. Even without extensions for Harry and Hunter we'll have about 15 million after Rudy comes off the books. Plenty of money to sign our draft class and find a good free agent.

I'm thinking it's Fisher too. Athletically he's a perfect fit for our offense. He just turned 30 in January so he has plenty left in the tank. I could see them signing him to a 2 year deal where the first year is a bit low but then year 2 when he should be completely 100% he'll have a higher base salary and more guarantees. He also may not miss as much time as I originally thought. I read Brandon Brooks of the Eagles tore his achilles around the same time as Fisher but Brooks still ended up playing in all 16 games. Even if he's only like 95% healthy Fisher should still be an upgrade on Reiff.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Paco, yeah, that is all good and well that they want Eric Fisher, and he might have interest in the Vikings LT vacancy, but with all due respect, 1-2 weeks ago we had to hear all about this, and nothing gets done. Then we hear wolfson and other "reporters" talk about the vikings are about to get a G like Blythe or Lamp, and instead we trade for Cole?!? and resign Dozier who should be cut before OTAs even start IMO.

I realize guys like Trai Turner are still available, but how long until he signs cheaply somewhere else, or how long until the Bears swoop in and offer Fisher more money than we are willing to offer?

Can also understand waiting until after the draft because this draft is heavy with OL talent, but the draft is not a sure thing... See examples of Dru, Elflein, Bradburry, Beavers, etc

The fact that we were hands down one of the worst OLs in the league last year, and have addressed our problems with resigning Hill, trading for cole, and RESIGNING DOZIER?!?! is really not a good look for Rick, when guys like Blythe and Lamp are going for dirt cheap.

For his sake, and our sake as fans, he better nail this draft or make a trade and address the glaring holes with OT, OG, DE, WR3 positions.

I know Orlando Brown Jr is not a great scheme fit, and will need massive money, but with cap going up next year, maybe vikes are seriously considering....

If Slater and Sewell are both gone at 14, maybe we trade with Ravens and get their 27th and OBJ, and then at 27 draft a DE late in the first. Then in 3rd round address WR3 and OG position.

If that happens, and we extend Harrison, and keep Hunter happy, i would be very pleased with the offseason.

However, right now, we just arent there, not even close in my opinion.

This is all I know...we think the front office has a plan for the OL but in reality they don't lol.

This is all I know...we think the front office has a plan for the OL but in reality they don't lol.
    I couldn't agree more. Crazy thing is that their jobs are probably on the line and they have done nothing to improve the line. They even let one of their best linemen leave. Gonna be a long season and hopefully some of these decision makers are held accountable and lose their jobs.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

It's wild to think that Lamp (The 77th best guard in the NFL last year) would be an upgrade for the oline. That's just how bad this unit is. We might be looking at the worst offensive line ever assembled. Get ready to watch some history boys.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    It's wild to think that Lamp (The 77th best guard in the NFL last year) would be an upgrade for the oline. That's just how bad this unit is. We might be looking at the worst offensive line ever assembled. Get ready to watch some history boys.
    The sad thing is, Rick and Zimmer have actually done some really, really good things for this team, but their refusal, or denial to address the OL is scary concerning.

I know they would argue, well look, we drafted bradburry in the 1st round, ONeill in the 2nd round, Cleveland in the 2nd round. But you literally have two GAPING holes at LT and LG, and still need a DE and WR3, badly.

The sad thing is, Rick and Zimmer have actually done some really, really good things for this team, but their refusal, or denial to address the OL is scary concerning.

I know they would argue, well look, we drafted bradburry in the 1st round, ONeill in the 2nd round, Cleveland in the 2nd round. But you literally have two GAPING holes at LT and LG, and still need a DE and WR3, badly.
    IMO, the narrative of ignoring the OL is completely wrong. Like you said, look at the amount of high draft picks this FO has invested into the OL. Plus handing out big contracts to Reiff and Remmers.

The real issue is the scouting/evaluation of these players. We took Bradbury in the 1st round but other centers like Elgton Jenkins and Erik McCoy have been much better players. We traded up for Pat Elflein and he was a miss. All of the mid to late round lineman we picked never amounted to anything. The best one lately has been Oli Udoh and Fusco was only good for about 2 years. Fusco was picked 10 years ago too. Cleveland might still be good but what I read on twitter from OL experts all suggest he should be playing tackle, not guard. O'Neill is really the only player we can say was a hit.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

It's very concerning. Especially considering they signed Cousins to so much money. You would think that you would want to project your most expensive asset but nope, not Rick and Zimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    IMO, the narrative of ignoring the OL is completely wrong. Like you said, look at the amount of high draft picks this FO has invested into the OL. Plus handing out big contracts to Reiff and Remmers.

The real issue is the scouting/evaluation of these players. We took Bradbury in the 1st round but other centers like Elgton Jenkins and Erik McCoy have been much better players. We traded up for Pat Elflein and he was a miss. All of the mid to late round lineman we picked never amounted to anything. The best one lately has been Oli Udoh and Fusco was only good for about 2 years. Fusco was picked 10 years ago too. Cleveland might still be good but what I read on twitter from OL experts all suggest he should be playing tackle, not guard. O'Neill is really the only player we can say was a hit.
    Yes, this is true. To say they have ignored the OL like i did, was wrong, it is a result of poor player evaluations, drafting and coaching, which leads to our annual carousel of Offensive Lineman.

Truthfully, i am okay with moving Cleveland to LT and giving him a shot to play the position he was drafted for, unless we trade for someone, sign Fisher or draft Slater/Sewell.

Go get (hopefully) starting level guards in rounds 2-4, but our prior drafting track record sucks for Guards.