Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 114 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1710
    Ya I think it is clear they want to go bargain shopping for oline in FA. I do hope they have at least 1 more decent signing left (even if a lamp or blythe at least something) then use a 1st on an LT and a pick in the middle rounds on another ol as well.

It would be nice if we would go and make a little splash there like we could have afforded Zietler with the cap we can create. They just don't want to seem to spend for it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    We'd have a ton of cap space but you and I both know they wouldn't use it to address the offensive line
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I think it is clear they want to go bargain shopping for oline in FA. I do hope they have at least 1 more decent signing left (even if a lamp or blythe at least something) then use a 1st on an LT and a pick in the middle rounds on another ol as well.

It would be nice if we would go and make a little splash there like we could have afforded Zietler with the cap we can create. They just don't want to seem to spend for it for some reason.
    I wouldn't say that just yet guys. Doogie has been adamant the Vikings are talking with a FA OT but that we need more cap space to sign him. I initially thought it was Okung but now that I think about it more I do think it's Eric Fisher. Because of his injury status, my guess is the Vikings are going to wait on him. Maybe they wait and see if they can draft a LT. If not, you can sign Fisher after the draft and let Hill start the first few games of the season. Once Harrison Smith signs his extension I would guess we would have enough to get him.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

1.75 million for Woods is a nice deal. He has 500k in incentives but I read he's unlikely to reach them. He's not Anthony Harris but he's a solid all around safety. Last year he split his time playing free safety and in the box. Plus 171 snaps in the slot. Woods tested pretty well at the combine in 2017 so maybe Zimmer and co. can get a little more out of him.

So now our secondary is:

CB: Patrick Peterson
    NB: Mack Alexander/Jeff Gladney
    S: Harrison Smith
    S: Xavier Woods
    CB: Cam Dantzler/Jeff Gladney

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty satisfied with this. I think this group has top 10 upside. Now let's go get a pass rusher or two and this defense might be legit again.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wouldn't say that just yet guys. Doogie has been adamant the Vikings are talking with a FA OT but that we need more cap space to sign him. I initially thought it was Okung but now that I think about it more I do think it's Eric Fisher. Because of his injury status, my guess is the Vikings are going to wait on him. Maybe they wait and see if they can draft a LT. If not, you can sign Fisher after the draft and let Hill start the first few games of the season. Once Harrison Smith signs his extension I would guess we would have enough to get him.
    Well if we got Fisher healthy and a 1st round pick then maybe we do actually improve there, I guess we will have to wait and see but I dunno. I think him coming back from that type of injury probably puts him cheaper though still right? Like he isn't getting over 10 is he?

1.75 million for Woods is a nice deal. He has 500k in incentives but I read he's unlikely to reach them. He's not Anthony Harris but he's a solid all around safety. Last year he split his time playing free safety and in the box. Plus 171 snaps in the slot. Woods tested pretty well at the combine in 2017 so maybe Zimmer and co. can get a little more out of him.

So now our secondary is:

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty satisfied with this. I think this group has top 10 upside. Now let's go get a pass rusher or two and this defense might be legit again.
    I say either one more similar signing at S or a mid round pick but ya it is a pretty nice group now imo (hoping Peterson can take a step back up with us). Then use like a 3rd on pass rusher (maybe even move up from where we are) unless we see a stud we can for sure get later.

Well if we got Fisher healthy and a 1st round pick then maybe we do actually improve there, I guess we will have to wait and see but I dunno. I think him coming back from that type of injury probably puts him cheaper though still right? Like he isn't getting over 10 is he?
    How much Fisher will get is really tough to figure out. He's only 30 and PFF gave him a very good grade last year. Achilles injuries are supposed to take around 8 months to heal and rehab. I think that means he will likely miss around 1-3 games? His base salary for 2021 was going to be 8.75 and his cap hit 15.1 million. I'll guess whatever deal he gets will be heavy in incentives but it might creep towards 10 million. I really don't know. The draft is also stacked with OT's so might cause his price tag to drop a bit. Athletically he's a perfect fit for our outside zone scheme so I'll be happy if we sign him and he can get back to full strength.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

How much Fisher will get is really tough to figure out. He's only 30 and PFF gave him a very good grade last year. Achilles injuries are supposed to take around 8 months to heal and rehab. I think that means he will likely miss around 1-3 games? His base salary for 2021 was going to be 8.75 and his cap hit 15.1 million. I'll guess whatever deal he gets will be heavy in incentives but it might creep towards 10 million. I really don't know. The draft is also stacked with OT's so might cause his price tag to drop a bit. Athletically he's a perfect fit for our outside zone scheme so I'll be happy if we sign him and he can get back to full strength.
    I just feel like that one of the bad injuries to come back from as an athlete too so even if he is back that soon he won't necessarily be his old self next season. I think the price tag will be pretty low given that but I guess maybe with heavy incentives it could get close.

I just feel like that one of the bad injuries to come back from as an athlete too so even if he is back that soon he won't necessarily be his old self next season. I think the price tag will be pretty low given that but I guess maybe with heavy incentives it could get close.
    Based off what Doogie reported, the Vikings didn't have enough cap space at the time they spoke to the players agent. I don't know what are cap space was at the time but I'm guessing it was around 8 million. So if that agent is representing Fisher then my guess is that he is looking for something closer to 10. But I'm just completely guessing.

Overthecap has our cap space currently at 8.6 million. After signing Abdullah, Woods, and Mack Alexander that number should be around 7 (top 51 rule). After Rudy comes off the books we should be around 15. That should be enough to sign Fisher and our draft class.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

PFF projected Woods to sign for 4 years and 25 million. He was their 11th best FA left. Mack was 24th and projected for 2 years 6 million.

Their best remaining OL are:

2. Mitchell Schwartz
    5. Russell Okung
    6. Alejandro Villanueva
    14. Rick Wagner
    18. Bobby Massie
    19. Austin Reiter
    51. Eric Fisher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

So now our secondary is:

id be ok with resigning griffen and c patterson . and id be ok with signing an ot and then trade back a few times and adding some 2nd round picks.

Its gunna be really nice next year not watching teams run all over Minnesota. Kendricks is going to have 200 tackles behind those monsters in the middle

I had this odd dream last night that Jadaveon Clowney was about to accept a 1/4 deal with us and we changed our mind and signed Everson to a 1/2 deal...the reason it was more odd was because it was late in the season and that decision was being looked back on because Griffen was having a stellar year and Clowney was looking washed up.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I had this odd dream last night that Jadaveon Clowney was about to accept a 1/4 deal with us and we changed our mind and signed Everson to a 1/2 deal...the reason it was more odd was because it was late in the season and that decision was being looked back on because Griffen was having a stellar year and Clowney was looking washed up.
    Sitewolf you gotta stop having those dreams man. The last dream you had you said i got married to Nicole Murphy.😁

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Sitewolf you gotta stop having those dreams man. The last dream you had you said i got married to Nicole Murphy.😁
    Was Serena jealous when she heard about it?
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    given I had to google who that is just now, that would be a difficult dream to have
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 94 of 114 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast