Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1706
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Who said that? I've been trying to figure that out since last night. Doogie has been talking about a free agent OT but I assumed it was Okung.

The Chiefs GM said he expects Fisher back sometime mid August. That seems pretty optimistic. Recovery time from an Achilles injury is around 8 months. Fisher had surgery on January 29th. 8 months will be the end of September so I assume he is going to miss some regular season time. PFT doc David Chao wrote that if Fisher practices during training camp he'll be doing so at less than 100%. If we do sign him, I would rather not rush him. We could always play Rashod Hill at LT for a few games if need be. Hill has typically been solid when forced to play.

I would rather try to sign Okung rather than wait around for Fisher to be able to play.
    @superskolfan is the Twitter user.
    Alright guys, my guy said “**** it”. I want to remind you: I do not claim to be an insider. I have a friend in the org, not multiple friends or anything like that. He stated this player “wants” to sign with MN, still not sure if we have the space though for him and others.
    ERIC FISHER

Dying of boredom with the lack of FA signings. .

Quote Originally Posted by APmvp28 View Post
    Vikings just re-signed RB Ameer Abdullah. What more could you want? Haha
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by APmvp28 View Post
    Ha same...I think we will get an OL of some sort here soon but I guess we'll see.

I really think the move that is being speculated about is Clowney. I think Zimmer was so pissed about how his defense performed last year that he wants to revamp everything and Clowney has that potential of being on a prove it deal and the talent to bust out. Whenever he's been opposite another dominant defensive end he's been very good. Putting Hunter on the opposite side of him will only make this defense that much better. Also it allows for Rick to trade up for Sewell or down for another T/G in the first while grabbing that all important 2nd rounder. I really think Zimmer wants to go FA route to fix the defense and draft to supplement the offense.
    Bring me Johnny and DeAnthony

Quote Originally Posted by PDCballa View Post
    I really think the move that is being speculated about is Clowney. I think Zimmer was so pissed about how his defense performed last year that he wants to revamp everything and Clowney has that potential of being on a prove it deal and the talent to bust out. Whenever he's been opposite another dominant defensive end he's been very good. Putting Hunter on the opposite side of him will only make this defense that much better. Also it allows for Rick to trade up for Sewell or down for another T/G in the first while grabbing that all important 2nd rounder. I really think Zimmer wants to go FA route to fix the defense and draft to supplement the offense.
    I could see that and i'm fine with that strategy as long as they sign atleast 1 OG/OT in FA. I think we can find a starter in the draft but 2-3 is just a foolish idea.

My only reservations is that I just don't think Clowney is very good. He's been paid as a top 5 De his entire career and my best guess would be his BEST season ever he was maybe top 15-20..... I would prefer to get a guy like Dunlap for a cheaper deal and draft a high upside guy in the Draft. I also am intrigued to see what becomes of DJ Wonnum.

I wouldn't be opposed to Clowney, as I think playing opposite Hunter would be good for him, but I do think he's pretty overrated.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The Vikings offered Nick Easton a contract but he declined the offer. Guessing we offered the vet minimum.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to Clowney, as I think playing opposite Hunter would be good for him, but I do think he's pretty overrated.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    think I'd rather have Everson back myself
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    think I'd rather have Everson back myself
    Not sure it is clowney being over rated, as it's more him ALWAYS being hurt, or playing with a nagging injury that hurts his production. "IIIFFFFFF" healthy, he would flourish with our current D-Line. No doubt.

His price point would just be 10m+ most likely... not sure we can afford that when we still need a S, 2 OL and possibly WR3.

Is there any credible evidence or proof to the thought the vikes are interested in or pursuing Clowney? I know Stefanski and CLEVELAND our hosting him for a visit and are interested.

Doogie reported the Vikings are interested in Geno Atkins
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Traded for Mason Cole

Quote Originally Posted by PDCballa View Post
    Traded for Mason Cole
    Okay I don't hate this move. Looking at PFF It looks like he had a pretty decent 2018, limited snaps (injured maybe) in 2019, and was okay in 2020 aside from a higher # of penalties ~8. (this could be attributed to Kyler Murray running all over the place.

Not earth shattering but I'll take a 3 year vet with some success for a 6th rounder.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 03-25-2021 at 02:54 PM.

I imagine we will be shifting Cole to guard. I don't think he is very good but for a 6th rounder he is worth the gamble I guess
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

I seriously hope Rick doesn't think Cole or guys we have made offers to like Nick Easton are really gonna help this offensive line. As backups, okay, but as starters, no way.

Page 90 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast