Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 77 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1706
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    According to Doogie, the Vikings have had discussions with Orlando Brown Jr. That's kind of an odd one. He's a good player but I wouldn't think his skill set would be idea in a zone scheme.

Also suggested Barr might be traded. He mentioned something is going on with Barr's camp and then suggested a trade while following up with "I donít say that randomly". That's another story to keep an eye on.
    Ya this one is interesting for sure. It sounds like he can play any scheme but my main worry is what do we give up? I've heard a swap of 1st round picks and like the 90th. Which isn't a terrible idea. But he wants to get paid too so there's that.

I think I'm leaning Ezra at LT and sign a guard.

I see Juju is getting out of Pittsburgh. You think he would come here?

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    I see Juju is getting out of Pittsburgh. You think he would come here?
    to Memphis? don't know why not, you've got great barbecue

but...I don't see the Vikings spending big on a WR
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    to Memphis? don't know why not, you've got great barbecue

but...I don't see the Vikings spending big on a WR
    LMAO. I meant to Minnesota. Memphis BBQ is good I will say that

I hope this Covid stops really soon. I want to go to a Vikings game this year. Either see them play the Steelers, Cowboys, or Packers

I hope this Covid stops really soon. I want to go to a Vikings game this year. Either see them play the Steelers, Cowboys, or Packers
    well, if the Cowboys game had been in Dallas, you'd already know you could go....but my bet is by fall there won't be much left for capacity restrictions.........there's always way too damn many Packer fans at their away games
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

It's done my friend. With everyone expected to at the very least have the vaccine available to them here by end of May there hopefully won't be too much restrictions.

Hey team. Been a while since my last post, but i have been checking in from time to time.

A crazy off-season is about to get crazier in my opinion. The release of Rudy and Bailey were expected. Like most, i thought we'd extend Reiff, but they couldnt make the money work, bummer.

Stephen cut has to be coming, as does restructure for Barr, right? I know Wolfson is talking about rumors of a Barr trade, but I'd be shocked if that happens. He doesnt fill up the stat sheet, nor is he worth 15m cap hit, but the guy is a darn important piece to our defense the way other opponents have to plan for him.

Expecting a 3 year extension for the hitman, maybe converting some of thielen salary to signing bonus, cutting Stephen, and restructuring Barr. In doing so, we'd have enough money to be aggressive in FA and potentially find High level Guard, high level DT, middle of road S, and WR3.

As for the Hunter situation. Still don't know what to make of that. After his injury, we would never get proper value in a trade. Yes, he was grossly underpaid for what he had accomplished, but why agree to the contract then?! Does he deserve more money, maybe, but he is also coming off a serious neck injury (see mike hughes). While a contract extension for him does also lower his cap, its incredibly risky. Idk what to do. Glad @Rick has to figure that one out.

A lot of moving pieces with the OL, but i'd enjoy seeing the signing of Zietler, and maybe a flyer on Kyle Long who should come cheap. Could then draft another Guard. I think getting Ezra back to LT has to be the plan. I have seen the rumors about Orlando Brown Jr. While an exciting thought, he will cost 15-20 per year, and we have to resign O'Neill, and we'd be giving up good draft capital and possibly Thielen according to Ravens fan base. That is too rich for my blood. Ezra-Kyle Long/Forest Lamp-Bradburry-Zeiter-O'Neill. That could be a big year for Kirk with that group in front of him...

As for Kirk, i hope the vikes are in talks, or at least trying to rework his contract to free up cap space. Its painful watching people like Brady every season help the team, and then our QB is trying to milk every penny when his great great grand children have generational wealth now because of what he made with washington football team franchise tags and his gtd money witht he vikes. Hoping he takes a slightly below market contract extension for 2 years for us. I know the jury will always be out on him, but lets face it, there isnt a better option available to us, and hopefully average to above average G play helps him win us some games he might have "fumbled" away in the past.

A lot of WR3 available this offseason to complement Adam and Justin, have no favorites, just want to see us address this in FA and the draft. Golden Tate would be interesting just because of the way he has destroyed us in the past, but not sure about locker room presence, and money. Have seen talk about the Jag WR connections. All i know is we need much better production out of that spot on the roster, or TE like Kyle Pitts to go along with Irv Smith. Hoping Klint has own wrinkle to his dad's offense and opens up the pass play playbook a little more with 3 WR sets. Kirk has proven with time he makes the right reads and is very accurate, usually.

As for Defense, i have heard rumors of potential Geno Atkins trade, i'd much rather we make that trade and give him contract extension than orlando brown JR as LT. He will cost maybe a 3rd or 4th round draft pick coming off that injury. By trading for him we remove the need to reach for DT early in draft.

By making that trade, and getting good G's in FA we setup for the draft really nicely. At 14, we can take blue chip player that falls, or trade back in the 1st round to get a 2nd rounder. But, we have to remember, @Rick has a boatload of picks in rounds 3 and 4 he can use to get back into round 2 even if we dont trade down. I know he likes to have 10 draft picks, but for the right players he might be aggressive??

Rambled on quite a bit there, just excited to see how things start coming together. By this time next week we should have a clearer idea as to how we will approach the draft.

In FA, hoping for a big name Guard (Zeitler or Joe T), a high upside low cost G (Long or Lamp), a WR3, Safety to compliment Harry, then a DT, preferably trade for Geno.

Big wish list, but 3 out of 4 there would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by APmvp28 View Post
    Hey team. Been a while since my last post, but i have been checking in from time to time.

A crazy off-season is about to get crazier in my opinion. The release of Rudy and Bailey were expected. Like most, i thought we'd extend Reiff, but they couldnt make the money work, bummer.

Stephen cut has to be coming, as does restructure for Barr, right? I know Wolfson is talking about rumors of a Barr trade, but I'd be shocked if that happens. He doesnt fill up the stat sheet, nor is he worth 15m cap hit, but the guy is a darn important piece to our defense the way other opponents have to plan for him.

Expecting a 3 year extension for the hitman, maybe converting some of thielen salary to signing bonus, cutting Stephen, and restructuring Barr. In doing so, we'd have enough money to be aggressive in FA and potentially find High level Guard, high level DT, middle of road S, and WR3.

As for the Hunter situation. Still don't know what to make of that. After his injury, we would never get proper value in a trade. Yes, he was grossly underpaid for what he had accomplished, but why agree to the contract then?! Does he deserve more money, maybe, but he is also coming off a serious neck injury (see mike hughes). While a contract extension for him does also lower his cap, its incredibly risky. Idk what to do. Glad @Rick has to figure that one out.

A lot of moving pieces with the OL, but i'd enjoy seeing the signing of Zietler, and maybe a flyer on Kyle Long who should come cheap. Could then draft another Guard. I think getting Ezra back to LT has to be the plan. I have seen the rumors about Orlando Brown Jr. While an exciting thought, he will cost 15-20 per year, and we have to resign O'Neill, and we'd be giving up good draft capital and possibly Thielen according to Ravens fan base. That is too rich for my blood. Ezra-Kyle Long/Forest Lamp-Bradburry-Zeiter-O'Neill. That could be a big year for Kirk with that group in front of him...

As for Kirk, i hope the vikes are in talks, or at least trying to rework his contract to free up cap space. Its painful watching people like Brady every season help the team, and then our QB is trying to milk every penny when his great great grand children have generational wealth now because of what he made with washington football team franchise tags and his gtd money witht he vikes. Hoping he takes a slightly below market contract extension for 2 years for us. I know the jury will always be out on him, but lets face it, there isnt a better option available to us, and hopefully average to above average G play helps him win us some games he might have "fumbled" away in the past.

A lot of WR3 available this offseason to complement Adam and Justin, have no favorites, just want to see us address this in FA and the draft. Golden Tate would be interesting just because of the way he has destroyed us in the past, but not sure about locker room presence, and money. Have seen talk about the Jag WR connections. All i know is we need much better production out of that spot on the roster, or TE like Kyle Pitts to go along with Irv Smith. Hoping Klint has own wrinkle to his dad's offense and opens up the pass play playbook a little more with 3 WR sets. Kirk has proven with time he makes the right reads and is very accurate, usually.

As for Defense, i have heard rumors of potential Geno Atkins trade, i'd much rather we make that trade and give him contract extension than orlando brown JR as LT. He will cost maybe a 3rd or 4th round draft pick coming off that injury. By trading for him we remove the need to reach for DT early in draft.

By making that trade, and getting good G's in FA we setup for the draft really nicely. At 14, we can take blue chip player that falls, or trade back in the 1st round to get a 2nd rounder. But, we have to remember, @Rick has a boatload of picks in rounds 3 and 4 he can use to get back into round 2 even if we dont trade down. I know he likes to have 10 draft picks, but for the right players he might be aggressive??

Rambled on quite a bit there, just excited to see how things start coming together. By this time next week we should have a clearer idea as to how we will approach the draft.

In FA, hoping for a big name Guard (Zeitler or Joe T), a high upside low cost G (Long or Lamp), a WR3, Safety to compliment Harry, then a DT, preferably trade for Geno.

Big wish list, but 3 out of 4 there would be nice.
    I agree with this other than maybe that they shouldn't atleast kick the tires on Brown. One thing to consider when assuming the Vikings will need to give up a first is that Brown has openly proclaimed his unhappiness and will want to get paid. So he kind of has already put the Ravens in a position to either move him to LT and pay him or deal with a ton of BS and get nothing in the end. In this offseason I think we could get him with out giving up our 1st (maybe swap) and a later pick and he is only 24 and could be here for 10 years.

Ideally I think that Rick needs to come out of this offseason with 2 starters. Not bargain bin and not coming off 3 injury riddled seasons. If we are going to sacrifice to get cap space for this offseason with the pool of players available. He needs to get atleast 1 GOOD starting Olineman under the age of 30 and atleast 1 starter on the Defensive line. I just don't see anyway that they go into the draft without adding someone they know is going to plug and play and elevate either side of the trenches. If they don't show any aggression in FA this year then I don't see any point of holding on to Hitman, Thielen, or Cousins just to see a repeat of last year.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 03-12-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Definitely a fair point that investigating Orlando Brown makes complete sense, it's just at what cost...

If its a first round pick swap, sure, and maybe throw in a middle round pick, Okay. But you include someone like Thielen, then no in my opinion. He still has 2 really good years left in the tank imo.

I know the cap is expected to spike up next year and in 2023 because of the new media deals, but what type of money is OB going to be asking for? Remember, we still have to pay O'Neill, and if we sign someone like Kevin Z or Joe T, that is A LOT of money put into the OL. And let's face it, Bradburry has not shown us much yet. This is a make or break year for him. But hopefully average G play next to him on both sides will help his pass pro.

Rick gets a fair amount of crap for the OL, but i trust him to get a good deal. Him and Rob will set good contract parameters with OB if Rick can get fair value in the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by APmvp28 View Post
    Definitely a fair point that investigating Orlando Brown makes complete sense, it's just at what cost...

If its a first round pick swap, sure, and maybe throw in a middle round pick, Okay. But you include someone like Thielen, then no in my opinion. He still has 2 really good years left in the tank imo.

I know the cap is expected to spike up next year and in 2023 because of the new media deals, but what type of money is OB going to be asking for? Remember, we still have to pay O'Neill, and if we sign someone like Kevin Z or Joe T, that is A LOT of money put into the OL. And let's face it, Bradburry has not shown us much yet. This is a make or break year for him. But hopefully average G play next to him on both sides will help his pass pro.

Rick gets a fair amount of crap for the OL, but i trust him to get a good deal. Him and Rob will set good contract parameters with OB if Rick can get fair value in the trade.
    Actually, a trade for Orlando Brown doesn't make much sense at all. If the Vikings are going to stick with their wide zone scheme, Brown doesn't fit. Wide zone schemes require OL to be athletic enough to reach block and get up to the second level. Brown is a very good tackle but he is definitely not an athlete lol Trading for Brown is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Then you have to factor in trade compensation plus a new contract. The team is already missing it's 2nd round pick and it's not in a good spot cap wise. The draft is very deep with OT's who do fit our scheme. I just can't see a scenario where Brown ends up in Minnesota.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Trai Turner officially released. He would fit our zone scheme at guard. Turner struggled last season with injuries but prior to that he was rated between 7th and 16th among guards by PFF from 2015-2019.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I like that aggressive plan and think we should be open to it if we are pushing cap down the road anyways. Zietler/long/Atkins would be a big fa period. Vet safety and wr 3 as well doesnít need to be special. I like flexibility to take bpa at 14 but it will take a good fa (and maybe trade or two).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know when the "Legal Tampering Period" begins? I know either last year or a few years ago FA started on a Monday and basically every big Free Agency deal was made on Friday/Saturday and know before being initially announced at the league start bell. I thought that they had then decided to just allow a few day window to start the negotiations before being filed on the start of the league year. I am assuming it would start tomorrow and we would start hearing some juicy rumors around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Does anyone know when the "Legal Tampering Period" begins? I know either last year or a few years ago FA started on a Monday and basically every big Free Agency deal was made on Friday/Saturday and know before being initially announced at the league start bell. I thought that they had then decided to just allow a few day window to start the negotiations before being filed on the start of the league year. I am assuming it would start tomorrow and we would start hearing some juicy rumors around the league.
    Legal tampering is tomorrow and free agency begins on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 77 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast