Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1723
    ....so, what would it take to bring Isaiah Wilson in from the Titans? I mean, a 1st rd pick with 0 tread on their tires....does he just need a fresh start or is he a problem child?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ....so, what would it take to bring Isaiah Wilson in from the Titans? I mean, a 1st rd pick with 0 tread on their tires....does he just need a fresh start or is he a problem child?
    NO NO NO, I don't think the kid has his head on straight or even cares about football. He's already been cited with a DUI and crashed his car in September when he should have been focused on the start of his NFL career.

While he may have the availability I don't think he is worth the team investing the time and focus to try and make him work.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Don't get me wrong, a team like ours who is in need of OL talent, it does intrigue me but like Jorge said, it's probably best to stay away. He seems to be either a troubled kid or perhaps he has mental health issues that he is not dealing with. He can't hack it with the Vrabel as coach and his no nonsense approach, he would not be a good matchup with Zim either.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, a team like ours who is in need of OL talent, it does intrigue me but like Jorge said, it's probably best to stay away. He seems to be either a troubled kid or perhaps he has mental health issues that he is not dealing with. He can't hack it with the Vrabel as coach and his no nonsense approach, he would not be a good matchup with Zim either.
    Yeah if he canít handle Vrabel then I doubt he can handle Zimmer. It seems itís more of him being immature. He was arrested for a DUI and was also received a trespassing warning for attending a college party during Covid. He apparently considered jumping out the second story balcony to avoid being caught by police. Doesnít seem like somebody who is worth the risk. Plus heís a RT and weíll likely be locking up OíNeill long term soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

I've seen that too but it doesn't make sense to me. I find it hard that teams would only get $5 million in wiggle room with the minimum amount being $180 million.

Last year the wiggle room was $23 million. You have to expect to give teams at least $15 million in wiggle room. That would put the cap at $195.
    Ok so I was confused by this initially. Basically, they told us that the minimum amount that the salary cap would be is $180 million. I took it originally as teams had to spend that amount which is incorrect. So at the very minimum the cap would be $180, we would be about $11 million over the cap. So the hope is we get to at least $185 or possibly slightly higher.

Regardless, it doesn't really change my mind in terms of players that should get released, outside of Reiff. I'm still 50/50 on him and would be ok with keeping or even a small extension.

Jurrell Casey released. Another DT option available
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Jurrell Casey released. Another DT option available
    I would be a little disappointed if we were not able to land at least someone at a pretty low salary. Lots of DT options out there.

I would be a little disappointed if we were not able to land at least someone at a pretty low salary. Lots of DT options out there.
    Honestly Casey is a prime Speilman type FA. Coming off a big deal on a missed season with injury who will probably sign for a 1 year prove it deal with a playoff caliber team.

Another guy I think gets cut in the next week that I would love to see us sign is Jamison Crowder. This guy fits the mold for this offense given his route running skills, he can fill the slot or be moved around with Thielen and Jefferson. I also think he has been severely underrated given his production with such bad QB play in his career. Seems he would be a guy in our price range that gets overlooked with all the bigger WR names this offseason. We'll see if he gets cut loose.

Would love to see Crowder added in FA and Draft the two fastest Deep threats in round 5/6/7

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Honestly Casey is a prime Speilman type FA. Coming off a big deal on a missed season with injury who will probably sign for a 1 year prove it deal with a playoff caliber team.

Another guy I think gets cut in the next week that I would love to see us sign is Jamison Crowder. This guy fits the mold for this offense given his route running skills, he can fill the slot or be moved around with Thielen and Jefferson. I also think he has been severely underrated given his production with such bad QB play in his career. Seems he would be a guy in our price range that gets overlooked with all the bigger WR names this offseason. We'll see if he gets cut loose.

Would love to see Crowder added in FA and Draft the two fastest Deep threats in round 5/6/7
    Get it done Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post

Crowder would be fantastic but has he actually been released by the Jets yet? He might also be out of our price range unfortunately
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

I think we need to be careful with who we sign at DT. Pierce isn't someone who can play lots of roles at DT. He's a Linval Joseph type. He's a clogger. We don't want another 400 pound guy next to him. We need some athleticism next to him at the other DT spot.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Crowder would be fantastic but has he actually been released by the Jets yet? He might also be out of our price range unfortunately
    What am I missing with Crowder. We already have 2 guys fighting for slot spots with Jefferson and Thielen both being better WR in the slot. Crowder is a pure slot guy who only plays there. Wouldn't someone who can play on the outside and stretch the field with speed be a better fit like the DJax and Ross talk above?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPride View Post
    What am I missing with Crowder. We already have 2 guys fighting for slot spots with Jefferson and Thielen both being better WR in the slot. Crowder is a pure slot guy who only plays there. Wouldn't someone who can play on the outside and stretch the field with speed be a better fit like the DJax and Ross talk above?
    Not missing anything really. Just was reading up on players who could get cut this week and Crowder's name was repeating so I threw it out there that I would like to make a run at him if he does. I really don't think he NEEDS to play slot and I wouldn't say Theilen and Jefferson are fighting to play in the slot. If anything I think it makes the WR core more dynamic when they can be interchanged throughout the game. Makes multiple corners cover different guys or if they follow put them in potential uncomfortable positions.

It seems to me there is a decent pool of FA young WRs we can't afford and I think with a decreased cap we will see more vets taking smaller 1 year prove it deals with contending teams assuming they can either make playoffs/superbowl run and get paid the following year when Cap raises again.

We also need depth no matter what the position slot LWR RWR. If Theilen or Jeff go down we can't just go o **** lets turn to the 6th 7th rounders again.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPride View Post
    I think we need to be careful with who we sign at DT. Pierce isn't someone who can play lots of roles at DT. He's a Linval Joseph type. He's a clogger. We don't want another 400 pound guy next to him. We need some athleticism next to him at the other DT spot.
    While i do agree I think Depth has been an issue for years and we can't just look at every FA as a starter. Especially with the speed of the NFL now we are seeing the best defenses rotating nearly the whole Dline every 10 snaps.

Page 69 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast