Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1704
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    FA has been pretty hit and miss too. Reiff has been basically what we expected but Remmers wasn't any good. Kline was decent. Without much cap space I'm not too sure what they'll be able to do but somebody needs to be signed. I'm hoping we take a flier on Forrest Lamp.
    I keep hearing a guy like Austin Blythe, who is somewhat like Nick Easton. Can play guard or center, will be just average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Two bad shoulders for an interior lineman please don't Vikings
    except now they've both been repaired
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

In regards to Reiff, I wonder if we could trade him if we do decide we need to move on. Indy needs a LT and has the cap space, could very likely extend him a few more years even. What could we get? He's not great, but he good and playing next to Nelson would make a solid pairing for them. Could we get their 2nd?

NFL just announced that the minimum cap for 2021 season is $180 million. This is $5 million higher then last season. Max cap has not been set yet, but you have to think, with the floor raising that maybe the max cap won't be as low as we thought? Given last year max cap was $198.2 million, maybe we see $203 million? If that is the case our top 51 (truly counted against the cap #), we would actually be +$2 million instead of -$6 million (where the projected cap is $195 million).

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    NFL just announced that the minimum cap for 2021 season is $180 million. This is $5 million higher then last season. Max cap has not been set yet, but you have to think, with the floor raising that maybe the max cap won't be as low as we thought? Given last year max cap was $198.2 million, maybe we see $203 million? If that is the case our top 51 (truly counted against the cap #), we would actually be +$2 million instead of -$6 million (where the projected cap is $195 million).
    I've been seeing people speculate the cap is going to fall somewhere around 185.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

I've been seeing people speculate the cap is going to fall somewhere around 185.
    I've seen that too but it doesn't make sense to me. I find it hard that teams would only get $5 million in wiggle room with the minimum amount being $180 million.

Last year the wiggle room was $23 million. You have to expect to give teams at least $15 million in wiggle room. That would put the cap at $195.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I've seen that too but it doesn't make sense to me. I find it hard that teams would only get $5 million in wiggle room with the minimum amount being $180 million.

Last year the wiggle room was $23 million. You have to expect to give teams at least $15 million in wiggle room. That would put the cap at $195.
    I'm not sure what you mean by wiggle room? Where are you getting those numbers?
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I'm not sure what you mean by wiggle room? Where are you getting those numbers?
    wiggle room = the difference between the minimum teams HAVE to spend and the maximum they CAN spend
    51 contracts have to combine into a much tighter space

Sooooo somehow I never knew there was a minimum teams had to spend lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Sooooo somehow I never knew there was a minimum teams had to spend lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly I don't think I knew that either prior to today lol. Well I knew there was an amount but never paid attention to that amount.

yeah, I'm not quite sure how it works...if it's a hard floor, what happens if a team is below it......but just designed to prevent an owner from being tens of millions below everyone else to save money during a rebuild and putting a competitive team on the field

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    yeah, I'm not quite sure how it works...if it's a hard floor, what happens if a team is below it......but just designed to prevent an owner from being tens of millions below everyone else to save money during a rebuild and putting a competitive team on the field
    yep, its a competitive balance, which is why from year to year there are so many different teams in the playoffs.

I'm an Orioles fan, and one thing that I hate about the Orioles is every year, they wait until February/March and then "dumpster dive" for guys who are still sitting out there.

I think this could be a GREAT year to be patient and slow in free agency. With the salary cap situation, I think there will be significantly more veteran cuts this summer then usual. Take the best players available at WR, OL, DL, safety in the draft. And then fill the rest of the holes in the summer as some of these veterans get cut because of salary cap restraints. I think we could easily find a veteran #3 WR, a veteran depth DL piece, a veteran 1 year safety. The one spot that you probably couldn't fill with that strategy is a pass rusher on the other side of Hunter. If that's a need that may need to be filled in the draft.

WR3 is probably a position we can fill in FA. With Keenan McCardell on board as the new WR coach we might take a look at Keelan Cole. He's been solid for the Jags and can return punts.

Some other options are:

Larry Fitzgerald (homecoming if he doesn't retire?)
    Willie Snead
    Danny Amendola
    John Ross
    Kendrick Bourne
    Chris Conley
    DeDe Westbrook
    Josh Reynolds
    Desean Jackson
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Desean could be a sweet low cost add, but John Ross could be an interesting add, too......fast as hell, but has had problems catching the ball (which is why he's also worked out at corner)

unfortunately, Fitz views Arizona as home

hoping KJ Osborn improves enough to get more time

Page 68 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast