Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    That's because this was originally the 2019 FA thread. There is a 2020 FA thread on the second page of this forum.
    Oh ok, lol. Makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I wonder if Cousins, Hunter and 2 first round picks would be enough to entice Houston to trade us Watson?

(I'm well aware the Vikings probably won't even try to get him but I like to live in hypotheticals)
    IDK, I mean that would realistically be plenty to get it done but it's not like Kirk is some spring chicken here. If the Vikings wanted any chance we would have to include a 3rd time that needs a QB, like, the 49ers, or something.

That of course if Watson would even want to play for us lol. I'd give it a less than 5% chance of happening. Just too many obstacles to move around.

Even if the Vikings did make a legit attempt at Watson, there is no way they can out bid the Jets or Dolphins. Say what you want about Sam Darnold or Tua Tagovailoa but their both young QBs on cheap contracts. Darnold has 1 more year before his 5th year option comes into play. Tua has 3 more years before his 5th year option comes into play. The Dolphins have picks 3, 18, 35, and 50 this year. The Jets have 2, 23, and 34 this year. So both teams can offer a young QB, a top 3 pick and another first this year. Plus whatever else they want to send like an early 2nd round pick this year or future picks. IMO the Dolphins easily have the best package to offer Houston. The Vikings can't come close to matching that.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

If I was GM, I would cut Cousins and sit out an entire season as an organization. Just to prove I'm not as dumb as Rick.
    #HeinickebacktoMinnesota

Clearly I was kidding in my last post. You guys talking all this craziness about trying to acquire Watson have clearly not looked at Kirks stats. The guy is really good. Apparently.
    #HeinickebacktoMinnesota

Kirk and 3 or 4 first and I'm in. Maybe get back a 3rd or 4th. Not trying to give up Hunter but Kirk, Hunter, and a first might be fair, too.

Ya Kirk is probably the most underrated QB in the league. He's starting to get some credit back but he is really good. He's gotten better since he came here, his willingness to move in the pocket a bit more this past season really showed that.

It also always seems that he's the only QB that W/L counts against him. It's funny because on Twitter people bring up Watson's 4-12 record and people always say that its not a QB stat.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Kirk and 3 or 4 first and I'm in. Maybe get back a 3rd or 4th. Not trying to give up Hunter but Kirk, Hunter, and a first might be fair, too.
    im not sold on watson enough to trade 3 first rnd picks on any qb let alone watson. the last time the vikes did that it was not good for the vikes. and besides kirk has a no trade clause.of course alot of you dont remember the hershel walker trade.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    im not sold on watson enough to trade 3 first rnd picks on any qb let alone watson. the last time the vikes did that it was not good for the vikes. and besides kirk has a no trade clause.of course alot of you dont remember the hershel walker trade.
    DeShaun Watson is not Hershel Walker. Given his age, he's probably the 2nd most valuable player in the NFL behind only Mahomes.

Also, Kirk does not have a no trade clause. His restructure last year removed that.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    DeShaun Watson is not Hershel Walker. Given his age, he's probably the 2nd most valuable player in the NFL behind only Mahomes.

Also, Kirk does not have a no trade clause. His restructure last year removed that.
    we just got rid of one prima dona we dont need another . and still not worth 2 or more first round picks.but the vikes need to draft a qb this year.

2021 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Ya Kirk is probably the most underrated QB in the league. He's starting to get some credit back but he is really good. He's gotten better since he came here, his willingness to move in the pocket a bit more this past season really showed that.

It also always seems that he's the only QB that W/L counts against him. It's funny because on Twitter people bring up Watson's 4-12 record and people always say that its not a QB stat.
    While I think many rankings in the 25 or later range do underrate him (I have shared one or two of these myself to make a point on here), I think some of this board overrate him as well. Heís just an average or slightly above qb and he is set owed around 6th most over next two seasons salary wise while being older and more so seen as ready to decline than having room to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mngopher35; 01-30-2021 at 12:07 PM.

2021 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Thread

I would move cousins (likely to 3rd team for piece to send to Texans) our first this and next year and probably even add a bit more.

I think someone said this but dolphins and jets have the best chance/ammo imo if they want to make a push for Watson. I would love it if we got him but donít really see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    we just got rid of one prima dona we dont need another . and still not worth 2 or more first round picks.but the vikes need to draft a qb this year.
    Watson is no prima dona......for that matter I don't know that Diggs was (but much closer than Desean)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The problem with Cousins is he's just good enough for us to wonder whether he's actually good enough.

The problem with him from a contract standpoint is now....trading him means big dead money and keeping him means either paying huge for him in 2022 or kicking the can even further down the road with another extension...making the most palatable option financially being to extend him while that may again be the opposite of what we'd like to do
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The problem with Cousins is he's just good enough for us to wonder whether he's actually good enough.

The problem with him from a contract standpoint is now....trading him means big dead money and keeping him means either paying huge for him in 2022 or kicking the can even further down the road with another extension...making the most palatable option financially being to extend him while that may again be the opposite of what we'd like to do
    I think that has been the divide since we initially got him, he is kind of on the borderline and some feel he is and others feel he isn't. I think history and context go against him though in his career and even comparing to what we were pre cousins (25-21-1 with Cousins and one playoffs in two years compared to 32-16 and playoffs 2/3 years before him). Part of the issue is if he is just borderline on if good enough why in the world would he have a top 10 salary? That limits our ability to add pieces around him.

All of this is to say as someone who has long felt we overpaid for Kirk and keep making the mistake of "pushing it further down the road"... PLEASE STOP. Let's realize who he is and move on before we are stuck with another 3-4 years of him as our QB with a new contract after next season or whatever it may be. We have already seen him for 3 seasons now and it has been a downgrade from the 3 seasons prior (and he is part of what drove one of our WR's away as you note with Diggs too in that time). I don't need to see an older more expensive version moving forward personally but I have never been overly big on him. If you factor in age/salary and do a QB draft he likely isn't picked in the top 15 imo (maybe not even top 20), I don't think that's the type of guy worth 45 mil in 2 seasons nor do I want to extend this type knowing how much that keeps costing to do so.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 01-31-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast