Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I also strongly believe that Rudy wonít be on the team much longer. Thatís where I think our cap relief will come from
    He's the most obvious candidate but I'm a little skeptical he's cut. Spielman said the team has had a plan in place to get under the cap. I would think if Rudy was a candidate for release that the Vikings would have at least approached him about a restructure first. So far there hasn't been any of that. Plus tight end is one of the more difficult positions for rookies to master right away. Cutting Rudy would leave David Morgan starting with Irv Smith and Tyler Conklin behind him. That worries me. Morgan is a fantastic blocker but if Irv Smith isn't ready then our secondary pass options to Diggs and Thielen will be worse in 2019.

I'm guessing they will wait to hear about Cutting before they do anything else. Giving the long snapping duties to Cutting and releasing McDermott will save either 200k or 300k depending on whether he is cut before or after 6/1. After that they'll need about 1.3 million to sign Bradbury. I'm very eager to see what their plan is to create cap space. Maybe they surprise us all and work out an extension for Waynes while lowering his 2019 cap hit. Maybe restructure Reiff? A long term deal for Anthony Harris? They have some options.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Agreed, some restructured contracts would not just get us enough to get Bradbury signed, but maybe even somewhat participate in the next wave of FAs. When I asked about trading Waynes, it wasn't that I'd prefer it, it was just that there's a lot of corners in the fold after signing Wharton and Alexander. In fact, with the latest signings we'll have to cut a couple players to get back to 90.

Obviously, IF they wanted to trade Waynes, their best window has passed because now it'd have to be a player for player trade or a future draft pick.

I also wouldn't see the Vikings cutting Rudy...and wouldn't want them to...but we also don't know IF they've approached him about a restructure, only that his agent said a month ago that hadn't happened. Irv Smith could force that issue later, but he's certainly not had a chance to do that yet.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Agreed, some restructured contracts would not just get us enough to get Bradbury signed, but maybe even somewhat participate in the next wave of FAs. When I asked about trading Waynes, it wasn't that I'd prefer it, it was just that there's a lot of corners in the fold after signing Wharton and Alexander. In fact, with the latest signings we'll have to cut a couple players to get back to 90.

Obviously, IF they wanted to trade Waynes, their best window has passed because now it'd have to be a player for player trade or a future draft pick.

I also wouldn't see the Vikings cutting Rudy...and wouldn't want them to...but we also don't know IF they've approached him about a restructure, only that his agent said a month ago that hadn't happened. Irv Smith could force that issue later, but he's certainly not had a chance to do that yet.
    Bisnowaty was cut today to get to 90. Unfortunately I donít think that does anything for the cap.

Bisnowaty was cut today to get to 90. Unfortunately I donít think that does anything for the cap.
    Ya only the top 51 contracts count against the cap.

The Vikings probably don't want to restructure Rudy because that would mean extending him beyond this year. My guess is they are ok letting him walk after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The Vikings probably don't want to restructure Rudy because that would mean extending him beyond this year. My guess is they are ok letting him walk after this year.
    read this on roto world

KYLE RUDOLPH
    TE, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Vikings have broken off extension talks with TE Kyle Rudolph.
    Rudolph and the Vikings had been working toward an extension but have reportedly reached an impasse. After the Vikings selected LSU's Irv Smith 50th overall in last month's draft, Rudolph's days in Minnesota could be numbered. Rapoport confirmed the long-time Viking is already drawing trade interest. The eight-year vet tallied 64 catches last season, which ranked seventh in the league among tight ends. He's due $7.5 million in 2019, the final year of his current contract.

Dear RotoWorld

Irv Smith went to Alabama not LSU.

That is all

PS-(In my Stephen A Smith voice)

STAY OFF THE DAMN WEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDUH!!!

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Dear RotoWorld

Irv Smith went to Alabama not LSU.

That is all

PS-(In my Stephen A Smith voice)

STAY OFF THE DAMN WEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDUH!!!
    Look who made an appearance!

Patrick I have been working like crazy bro. Everyone is getting fired and they are giving me the hours

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Patrick I have been working like crazy bro. Everyone is getting fired and they are giving me the hours
    Nothing wrong with that!

Is it just me or does it seem like Rudy is so much older than 29. I mean it almost feels like he plays like he is 3-4 years older even though he's really never been a speed guy to start with it just seems like he has really lost a step.

It would have been nice if we could have gotten him for another 1-2 years. I would hate to trade him this year because of the fact that it could take Irv a good year to get going. But maybe he would have an Evan Engram type of impact.

thats rotoworld for you.i dont think they double check what they print.

Can we restructure Cousins contract?!?!?! If he truly wants a ring ask him to help out a little.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    Can we restructure Cousins contract?!?!?! If he truly wants a ring ask him to help out a little.
    Thatís been in the back of my mind since before free agency and I was always nervous about mentioning it. I donít see him even considering it.

the only way to restructure Cousins' contract is to extend him....the fact that we've not heard that as even a remote rumor may infer the Vikings aren't ready to do that....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast