Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Mannionís visit concluded. No deal yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably donít want a starting QB battle.

CJ Anderson signed with the Lions

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

CJ Anderson signed with the Lions

We would have to free up more cap but what would you guys think of a 2020 4th rounder or some future pick for Duke Johnson. Given what the Browns just got in return for Ogbah I don't think it would take much to make a trade for a player who wants out.

I am assuming Rick and team have a plan to create more cap for a backup QB and draft picks or there is a trade in place that won't go through until the draft gets closer.

Johnson and Cook would be a solid duo.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    We would have to free up more cap but what would you guys think of a 2020 4th rounder or some future pick for Duke Johnson. Given what the Browns just got in return for Ogbah I don't think it would take much to make a trade for a player who wants out.

I am assuming Rick and team have a plan to create more cap for a backup QB and draft picks or there is a trade in place that won't go through until the draft gets closer.

Johnson and Cook would be a solid duo.
    I wouldnít be totally opposed to that. Iím still all for Bryce Love later in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I wouldnít be totally opposed to that. Iím still all for Bryce Love later in the draft.
    I would love to have Bryce love to be honest. He would fill needs at RB, PR, and KR. He was a such a homer hitter at Stanford and would have been atleast a 2nd Round pick in last years draft. An injury and semi down season and he could end up being a steal in the later rounds.

This. I've been drafting Love in all of my Mocks in the 4th Round but many show him sliding to the 6th Round. He would be a great tandem with Dalvin. I also like Myles Gaskin from Oregon as a scat back similar to Tarik Cohen of the Bears.

Someone pointed out about how he will be a steal because previous pre draft knee injuries didnít affect guys like Gurley.

I'm a Pac 12 guy....there's a reason he was a preseason Heisman guy last year, he was a terror to Pac 12 defenses coming into the year...got off to a slow start, then blew his knee.......if he's all the way back, he's a great get for someone...just don't know he's enough change of pace for what we'd want ideally..........CJ Anderson was the guy for that
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Someone pointed out about how he will be a steal because previous pre draft knee injuries didnít affect guys like Gurley.
    pre-draft knee injuries didn't effect Gurley? He's having problems with his knee right now, that's why he was hardly used the end of last year. It could effect him going forward as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    pre-draft knee injuries didn't effect Gurley? He's having problems with his knee right now, that's why he was hardly used the end of last year. It could effect him going forward as well.
    I think he meant based on the results of Gurley's rookie year. Gurley missed time early but still posted 1k yards and 10 TDs.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

I think he meant based on the results of Gurley's rookie year. Gurley missed time early but still posted 1k yards and 10 TDs.
    Yeah short term he's been one of the best in football. Wouldn't argue that. I think not having a giant workload since he'd be Dalvin's backup would help him last longer as well. But I think the Rams should be VERY concerned about Gurley's knee going forward, and maybe Love would drop because you just don't know how a guys injury would catch up to him especially if you want to use him heavily. We could ease up on him, however.

did anyone see Bishop Sankey play in the AAF btw? never figured out why he didn't do better....pertinent since Love reminds me of him.....

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    did anyone see Bishop Sankey play in the AAF btw? never figured out why he didn't do better....pertinent since Love reminds me of him.....
    What happened with that league?

The same thing that will happen to the XFL. It ain't the NFL so it will fail.

they were expecting more cooperation from the NFL than they got, for one.....but the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes made promise of putting $250mil into the league, then bailed at $70mil because all he really wanted (and got) was the rights to a real time GPS related sports betting app...once he got that, he said see ya