Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    Welp, we signed one of the worst graded guards last year.

Donít really know what to say except .... there you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 he had one of the highest pass blocking ratings in the league. Only 22 pressures allowed. Seems the whole Tennessee line had a down year in 2018.

2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

2019 Free Agency Thread

79 career games Kline has allowed 9 sacks. Remmers and Compton (14 games) combined to allow 12 sacks just last year (6 each).

2021 Vikings Draft:

Kline was rated 34th, 40th, and 31st best G by PFF 2015-2017. If this is the player we are getting then itís good signing for the money. Better than Remmers and Compton.

2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    2017 he had one of the highest pass blocking ratings in the league. Only 22 pressures allowed. Seems the whole Tennessee line had a down year in 2018.

And last year he gave up his share of sacks and had the worst rating of all 5 of the olinemen. Heís a big reason for the down year last year. They had better options available and in my honest opinion i feel about this signing the way you feel about clay to the rams, a stupid one.

So is this a good signing or bad signing? A lot of mixed emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    And last year he gave up his share of sacks and had the worst rating of all 5 of the olinemen. Heís a big reason for the down year last year. They had better options available and in my honest opinion i feel about this signing the way you feel about clay to the rams, a stupid one.

The difference is itís pretty reasonable to think Kline can have a bounce back season. I posted above the previous 3 seasons he was a slightly above average guard. Heís only 1 year removed from having an excellent pass protection grade. I read a Titans blog that blamed the Titans OL downgrade on the loss of Russ Grimm. Heís an excellent OL coach. The same can be said for Dennison. With a cap hit a little above 3 million, itís a worth while gamble.

I can be convinced Sitton or Lang are better players but their far more risky. Sitton has missed 21 games over the last 3 years and is coming off major shoulder surgery. Lang has missed 16 games over the last 3 years and is coming off a major neck injury. Lang hasnít even committed to playing in 2019. Sitton will be 33 and Lang 32. Kline is 29 (30 in December) and has started 46 straight games.

I said before I would be happy with one of this group (Levitre included) and I still am. If we get the 2017 version of Kline weíll be getting a definite upgrade on Remmers and Compton.

2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    So is this a good signing or bad signing? A lot of mixed emotions.
    at the very least it's another body for the OL we didn't have yesterday....at the very best he benefits greatly from the blocking scheme we'll incorporate this year
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The Kline signing should not take away from us drafting at least 2 guys in the draft. One of them being early, preferably in the first 2 rounds. I'm not sure of the exact cap hits from year to year but I think I read that he could be cut essentially after 1 year without to big of a penalty. He is a guy that I think can bounce back and at the very least be serviceable.
    I've said it multiple times now but we really need Pat to show major improvement this year or else things likely won't be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The difference is itís pretty reasonable to think Kline can have a bounce back season. I posted above the previous 3 seasons he was a slightly above average guard. Heís only 1 year removed from having an excellent pass protection grade. I read a Titans blog that blamed the Titans OL downgrade on the loss of Russ Grimm. Heís an excellent OL coach. The same can be said for Dennison. With a cap hit a little above 3 million, itís a worth while gamble.

I can be convinced Sitton or Lang are better players but their far more risky. Sitton has missed 21 games over the last 3 years and is coming off major shoulder surgery. Lang has missed 16 games over the last 3 years and is coming off a major neck injury. Lang hasnít even committed to playing in 2019. Sitton will be 33 and Lang 32. Kline is 29 (30 in December) and has started 46 straight games.

I said before I would be happy with one of this group (Levitre included) and I still am. If we get the 2017 version of Kline weíll be getting a definite upgrade on Remmers and Compton.

From what I gathered on Twitter is that Kline was playing hurt last year. One of his arms was hurt. Lead some to believe that was partially the problem. We all know how important that is so lets hope for our sake that was the issue.

At this point we needed a starting guard that is durable. We just got one, iíll take it. Still need to take a couple of olineman in the draft. I wouldnít mind trading out of 18 if we donít slide too far and can pick up a couple of extra picks.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    At this point we needed a starting guard that is durable. We just got one, iíll take it. Still need to take a couple of olineman in the draft. I wouldnít mind trading out of 18 if we donít slide too far and can pick up a couple of extra picks.
    I could see a trade back if guys like Oliver, Hockenson, maybe even Fant are not there. I still think we will trade Waynes.

I think the Kline cap hit for this year is like $3 million which would leave us with $2.5 million. Rudy has said he is open to a restructure and we obviously know that Waynes is still likely to get traded.

Paul Allen spoke with someone who said this morning that Kline is a lot like Easton but slightly better. So I guess we got a pretty good deal given that Easton is coming off a pretty serious injury. Easton is younger and before the injury was showing signs of improvement so it appears that NO is for sure banking on getting someone who will get better.

Dang, Sherels signed a one year deal with the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Dang, Sherels signed a one year deal with the Saints.
    Sad to see him go. End of an era. Good news is we donít have to hold a roster spot for someone with no value in defense. Who returns punts now? Hughes? Zylstra?

2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast