Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    If any team offered us a 1st and 2nd rounder for Rhodes i’d trade him in a heart beat because of our depth at that position. I don’t think we’ll get anything close to that in return so I would definitely keep him because he’s a major asset.
    I love Rhodes, but that’s a deal.

If anybody else wants to keep track of our salary cap:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/cap/

Spotrac is projecting our draft picks will cost 6.8 million. If that is accurate then the Vikings have about 4.6 million in cap space. We need to restructure more guys or make a trade because that isn't enough to sign anybody.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

I think we all need to be prepared that the roster from top to bottom will be worse next year than it was this past year. I fully expect our skill and difference-makers to be reduced and with the makeup of some of the other teams in the nfc im not sure what to think of our standing come this next nfl season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    I think we all need to be prepared that the roster from top to bottom will be worse next year than it was this past year. I fully expect our skill and difference-makers to be reduced and with the makeup of some of the other teams in the nfc im not sure what to think of our standing come this next nfl season.

It's certainly possible but if somehow the Vikings can create some cap space and sign a solid OL then we might be fine. If Hockenson or Fant are drafted early our skill positions will be even more dangerous on O. Of course I'm always prepared for the worst scenario to occur.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Fire Spielman

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    It's certainly possible but if somehow the Vikings can create some cap space and sign a solid OL then we might be fine. If Hockenson or Fant are drafted early our skill positions will be even more dangerous on O. Of course I'm always prepared for the worst scenario to occur.
    I think i was cautiously optimistic last year especially coming off the big 2017 that we could be a juggernaut. This year is one of those years like the first year we signed bradford that im more on the side of i dont expect as much as i did the year before because i DO think we could lose some talent and not be able to replace all of it.

Im curious what thielen’s contract will look like as well.

Time will tell, but I really think it’s something that we should do, not just have to do. Our “difference makers” really weren’t making a difference last year. Barr makes absolutely zero plays, Griffen was not the same player we’re used to seeing (injuries have caught up to him), Waynes gets beat far too often. Sendejo has already been sent packing, idk what we’re doing with Rudy but he was a major disappointment last year and imo needs to be cut not restructured. It’s time to make some wholesale changes to a roster that has come up short the past couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Fire Spielman
    If the vikes dont turn things around in 2 years, you’ll get your wish because i expect spielman, zimmer, cousins will all be gone if thats the case and they start from the ground up.

I think i was cautiously optimistic last year especially coming off the big 2017 that we could be a juggernaut. This year is one of those years like the first year we signed bradford that im more on the side of i dont expect as much as i did the year before because i DO think we could lose some talent and not be able to replace all of it.

Im curious what thielen’s contract will look like as well.

Our window is also starting to close. The core guys are starting to get into their 30s. We really need to hit on this draft class.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Time will tell, but I really think it’s something that we should do, not just have to do. Our “difference makers” really weren’t making a difference last year. Barr makes absolutely zero plays, Griffen was not the same player we’re used to seeing (injuries have caught up to him), Waynes gets beat far too often. Sendejo has already been sent packing, idk what we’re doing with Rudy but he was a major disappointment last year and imo needs to be cut not restructured. It’s time to make some wholesale changes to a roster that has come up short the past couple seasons.
    The problem is we’re going to lose some players who have been productive and im not sure we’re going to have the money to sign players who will outperform the ones leaving. Say what you will about waynes but he graded out pretty decent last year, and in fact, graded better than rhodes who i still think is overrated when it comes to the end of the year because he always gets hurt/gets beat at the end of the year. Barr to this day should not have been used in coverage like he was and should have been blitzing, i think we misused him and all we have now is kendrick so depending on who they get to replace him we’ll see. Sendejo and harris as a combo was nice to have when the other one wasnt playing so now losing sendejo will have some good cap relief just hope we dont miss his intensity.

Cutting remmers was a giant plus so im glad they did that but they better take OL up the azz in the draft and build up the trenches otherwise im concerned the result will be the same.

What makes a franchise stay afloat is the ability to replace guys with cheaper guys. Is Barr replaceable? IMO he is. Sure there are some things we will miss but his overall play will not warrant the likely $15+ per year and unless he goes somewhere that will allow him to rush the passer they will not get their money worth.

We've shown the ability to develop our DL & Secondary. This is why I would consider moving on from EG and Waynes.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Our window is also starting to close. The core guys are starting to get into their 30s. We really need to hit on this draft class.
    Guys getting into their 30s and ones who were younger hitting higher cap numbers and/or contract being up. Its crazy that dalvin will be in his 3rd year coming up. Christ. Few more years we’ll have to pay him too.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    What makes a franchise stay afloat is the ability to replace guys with cheaper guys. Is Barr replaceable? IMO he is. Sure there are some things we will miss but his overall play will not warrant the likely $15+ per year and unless he goes somewhere that will allow him to rush the passer they will not get their money worth.

We've shown the ability to develop our DL & Secondary. This is why I would consider moving on from EG and Waynes.
    I agree on Waynes but I'm still against dealing Griffen. Weatherly was decent but Griffen can rebound back into form. I think he still has juice left. Waynes is likely gone next year anyway so it makes the most sense. Free up 9 million in cap and sign a few upside guys. There is always value during the second wave of FA.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

So now I see why Kyle Rudolph hasn't been asked to restructure:

Nick Boyle (3 years 18 million)
    Tyler Kroft (3 years 18.75 million)
    C.J. Uzomah (3 years 18 million)

If Rudolph hit the market he would easily get more money than these guys, even at 29.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/nfl...ing-efficiency

Happened across this today, one attempt to judge/rank how teams are using their cap. Vikings are 30th according to this method. Pats first, 9/10 of top teams in playoffs.

Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast