Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1723
    Jack Day of KFAN tweeted he is hearing there could be a reunion with Sheldon Richardson
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

A 3 man rotation at DT would be pretty nice. Pierce is a quality run stuffer but doesn't offer much as a pass rusher. Tomlinson is a better run stuffer than pass rusher but he did post good pass rushing numbers as a nose tackle last year. Richardson is a pretty solid all around but is the best pass rusher of the 3. On passing downs you can put in Richardson at 3T and then bump Tomlinson over to the nose. A rotation will help keep all 3 of them more fresh later in games and down the stretch. I hope this happens.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Field Yates tweeted the Vikings and Sheldon Richardson are making progress on a deal to bring him back. Not done yet but headed that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

They reworked Hunter's contract a bit, getting him more money right now, which apparently was part of his issue.

But, with an $18mil roster bonus next spring they've also somewhat set themselves up the same way with him as Barr- possibly too much of a cap hit next spring to keep them OR decide on a big new extension.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Richardson to the Vikings is done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

1 yr 3.6mil
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

In one off season this team has signed:

DT Davlin Tomlinson
    DT Sheldon Richardson
    DE Stephen Weatherly
    LB Nick Vigil
    CB Patrick Peterson
    CB Mack Alexander
    CB Bashaud Breeland
    S Xavier Woods

So much for being in cap hell. Plus we're getting back Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    In one off season this team has signed:

DT Davlin Tomlinson
    DT Sheldon Richardson
    DE Stephen Weatherly
    LB Nick Vigil
    CB Patrick Peterson
    CB Mack Alexander
    CB Bashaud Breeland
    S Xavier Woods

So much for being in cap hell. Plus we're getting back Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce.
    Vikings will lead the lead in sacks and takeaways. Book it

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Jesus..... No excuses this year on defense. On paper, that's a fantastic defense. It's about time they actually went all in.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Hopefully we can grab a DE and WR still as well but I agree seems like we are making a bit more of a push now to fill out I like the last two adds. I will note we are mostly searching for value guys, I think only 2 of the additions mentioned have salaries/cap hits over 5 mil this year. Not bad considering that at all.

I wonder how aggressive we will be knowing that we only need a little bit more and are seemingly all in for the season. I feel like WR might be a little more depth than necessary given our likely strategy and two TE's etc. but DE is something where an elite pass rush makes defense much stronger and with an addition we could maybe get near that level.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Hopefully we can grab a DE and WR still as well but I agree seems like we are making a bit more of a push now to fill out I like the last two adds. I will note we are mostly searching for value guys, I think only 2 of the additions mentioned have salaries/cap hits over 5 mil this year. Not bad considering that at all.

I wonder how aggressive we will be knowing that we only need a little bit more and are seemingly all in for the season. I feel like WR might be a little more depth than necessary given our likely strategy and two TE's etc. but DE is something where an elite pass rush makes defense much stronger and with an addition we could maybe get near that level.
    DE opposite of Hunter is the only starting spot left that I'm worried about and I think it's a legit concern. I don't think Weatherly or Wonnum are very good. Patrick Jones and Janarius Robinson have some upside but it's stretch to think either one could give you meaningful snaps. If anything happens to Hunter this pass rush will take a nose dive. I trust Zim will be able to scheme pressure but you still need guys to win their 1v1. I read Zim has experimented with 3/4 looks in the past, even occasionally shifting to a 3/4 in game so maybe this season we'll see more of that. Pierce at nose with Richardson and Tomlinson as the DE's and Barr/Hunter off the edge. That could work. Melvin Ingram and Justin Houston are the only FA pass rushers left that I think can help. Both have experience in a 3/4 and 4/3 if Zim does decide to mix up our fronts more often it will be nice to have somebody who can play both. We still have over 10 million in cap space left so we can make another move if we want to.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

DE opposite of Hunter is the only starting spot left that I'm worried about and I think it's a legit concern. I don't think Weatherly or Wonnum are very good. Patrick Jones and Janarius Robinson have some upside but it's stretch to think either one could give you meaningful snaps. If anything happens to Hunter this pass rush will take a nose dive. I trust Zim will be able to scheme pressure but you still need guys to win their 1v1. I read Zim has experimented with 3/4 looks in the past, even occasionally shifting to a 3/4 in game so maybe this season we'll see more of that. Pierce at nose with Richardson and Tomlinson as the DE's and Barr/Hunter off the edge. That could work. Melvin Ingram and Justin Houston are the only FA pass rushers left that I think can help. Both have experience in a 3/4 and 4/3 if Zim does decide to mix up our fronts more often it will be nice to have somebody who can play both. We still have over 10 million in cap space left so we can make another move if we want to.
    Ya that is my biggest want as well right now, as I noted the only other real one for me is WR. If Theilan/Jefferson/Smith/Cook stay healthy it isn't as much of a concern though. I think when you are "all in" you wanna have a major piece in the modern game available when needed though and a 3rd WR would be useful in some key situations probably.

I would be open to trading a pick this year for a legit DE though. I was against the move we made last year but now that we actually seem to be making the push it might make sense. I think we upgraded the secondary but am not sure it is elite, our dline could be with one more addition though. A cheaper addition is alright but I would legitimately be all in at this point and that truly elite pass rush could be the gamechanger we need.

Winning did pretty good last year with Danielle out and Pierce out. With those two returning plus Tomilison then Winning will have a bigger impact

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Winning did pretty good last year with Danielle out and Pierce out. With those two returning plus Tomilison then Winning will have a bigger impact
    Wonnum I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya that is my biggest want as well right now, as I noted the only other real one for me is WR. If Theilan/Jefferson/Smith/Cook stay healthy it isn't as much of a concern though. I think when you are "all in" you wanna have a major piece in the modern game available when needed though and a 3rd WR would be useful in some key situations probably.

I would be open to trading a pick this year for a legit DE though. I was against the move we made last year but now that we actually seem to be making the push it might make sense. I think we upgraded the secondary but am not sure it is elite, our dline could be with one more addition though. A cheaper addition is alright but I would legitimately be all in at this point and that truly elite pass rush could be the gamechanger we need.
    I don't think either Houston or Ingram are game changes at this point in their careers. Definitely better than what we have but I'm not sure how much either pushes the needle for us. Best bet might be to wait until training camp and see if anybody gets cut or holds out. That's how we got Ngakoue was last year was a hold out but right now there isn't any edge players threatening to hold out. Although Jason La Canfora did write an article last week about how the Cardinals and Chandler Jones are heading towards a contract dispute. Jones hasn't shown up to any practices so far. He has a 20.8 million cap hit this season (15.5 if traded) so we would certainly have to restructure somebody like Harrison Smith in order to make room for him. Massive long shot but you never know.

I do think there is a good chance we can find a WR in August. It's a pretty deep position across the league. Somebody decent is likely to get cut.
    2021 Vikings Draft: