Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1723
    Trading him is one thing, but seriously....all we got for him was moving from a 7th to a likely very late 6th?!

Drafting him seemed alright at the time, but while we wouldn't necessarily have drafted some of these guys, the next players off the board were:
    Sony Michel
    Lamar Jackson
    Austin Corbett
    Will Hernandez
    Nick Chubb
    Braden Smith
    Ronald Jones
    James Daniels
    Courtland Sutton

I mean holy crap....
    This is why generally I think Rick is better off trading out of the first...'cause for every Justin Jefferson (who literally fell into his lap) there's a Laquan Treadwell, a Trae Waynes, and a Mike Hughes......

Let's just hope Darrisaw isn't Matt Kalil Part Dieux
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 05-13-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Trading him is one thing, but seriously....all we got for him was moving from a 7th to a likely very late 6th?!

Drafting him seemed alright at the time, but while we wouldn't necessarily have drafted some of these guys, the next players off the board were:
    Sony Michel
    Lamar Jackson
    Austin Corbett
    Will Hernandez
    Nick Chubb
    Braden Smith
    Ronald Jones
    James Daniels
    Courtland Sutton

I mean holy crap....
    This is why generally I think Rick is better off trading out of the first...'cause for every Justin Jefferson (who literally fell into his lap) there's a Laquan Treadwell, a Trae Waynes, and a Mike Hughes......

Let's just hope Darrisaw isn't Matt Kalil Part Dieux
    Honestly what did you expect to get for him? We're lucky we got anything in return. The cap savings is probably the best part and it's only just under 2 million. Hughes has had an ACL tear, a cracked vertebra in his neck, and then another neck injury. Who knows if he'll actually be able to play again.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Honestly what did you expect to get for him? We're lucky we got anything in return. The cap savings is probably the best part and it's only just under 2 million. Hughes has had an ACL tear, a cracked vertebra in his neck, and then another neck injury. Who knows if he'll actually be able to play again.
    oh, it wasn't that I expected anything (tho moving up 15 spots on day 3 next year is pretty much nothing) it was more about the fact that this is what we turned a 1st rd pick into...again

Cheddar, swiss, asiago got a nice merlot for ya draft picks whatever that secondary was already thin with El wife beater status still in question and I'm not sold on Patrick Peterson no depth back there.

You know what's going to happen now, don't you? Mike Hughes will never be injured again, have a solid career in the slot for the Chiefs, and we'll draft Mr irrelevant in the 6th next year.

Still, trading Hughes almost certainly has to mean they plan to sign a FA corner soon....right?

Just a guess but with Darrisaw signing today I'm thinking the Vikings are going to sign their draft class and wait until Rudy's deal comes off the books in June before signing any FA's. Rookie mini camp starts today so they probably also want to get a look at what they have in these young guys before making a move. Plus with so many veterans deciding to skip voluntary OTA's this year any FA the Vikings sign won't need to be brought in until the mandatory minicamp starts on June 15th.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I know some people were interested in the Vikings signing him but Ryan Kerrigan just signed with the Eagles
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I know some people were interested in the Vikings signing him but Ryan Kerrigan just signed with the Eagles
    Doogie tweeted the Vikings had interest but never offered a contract. I think Kerrigan is washed up so I'm glad we didn't sign him. If we go after an edge rusher I would rather it be Melvin Ingram.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

If you didn't watch it yesterday, there was a kid who may be in the supplemental draft that played in the FCS Championship for Sam Houston that we may want to pay attention to- Jequez Ezzard. The highlight I linked is from Howard, but he transferred to Sam Houston for this year- only to end up in a spring season, not opt out, so wasn't available for the draft. Kid is fast, tough, with great hands even though he's only 5'9"

Has anybody noticed that virtually every article projecting how the Vikings will do this year they correctly say success depends on improvement on defense....they may mention adding PP and Tomlinson, might even mention bringing Mac back...but a lot of them don't mention that Hunter was out all year and virtually none mention that Pierce opted out.

Our DL is like our OL in that way- new pieces this year we didn't have last and our success could be drastically improved depending how those pieces come together.

Bring Everson back to vie for snaps on the right end anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Has anybody noticed that virtually every article projecting how the Vikings will do this year they correctly say success depends on improvement on defense....they may mention adding PP and Tomlinson, might even mention bringing Mac back...but a lot of them don't mention that Hunter was out all year and virtually none mention that Pierce opted out.

Our DL is like our OL in that way- new pieces this year we didn't have last and our success could be drastically improved depending how those pieces come together.

Bring Everson back to vie for snaps on the right end anyone?
    Griffen tailed off down the stretch in 2019 and last year he looked washed up. I'll pass on him. The only edge defender left on the marker who interests me in Melvin Ingram. If we don't sign an edge rusher then we should look at a DT. We really need pass rush help.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Bashaud Breeland visiting the Vikings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

According to next gen stats, Breeland has the second lowest completion percentage allowed (as the nearest defender) since 2017. Just behind William Jackson and ahead of Stephon Gilmore, Denzel Ward, and Xavien Howard. He's mostly played outside but does have about 700 snaps in the slot. He's a physical corner so I can see why Zimmer is interested in him. According to the athletic article Breeland sees himself as a starter and wants to be a starter this year. That might be tough if he signs here considering Dantlzer and Peterson are likely starters and Mack figures to be the favorite in the slot. He would have an easier path to playing time in KC so we'll see what happens.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Breeland news suprised me figured any DB brought in now would be less proven and more prove it a guy like Gareon Conley for depth but more good players great.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    According to next gen stats, Breeland has the second lowest completion percentage allowed (as the nearest defender) since 2017. Just behind William Jackson and ahead of Stephon Gilmore, Denzel Ward, and Xavien Howard. He's mostly played outside but does have about 700 snaps in the slot. He's a physical corner so I can see why Zimmer is interested in him. According to the athletic article Breeland sees himself as a starter and wants to be a starter this year. That might be tough if he signs here considering Dantlzer and Peterson are likely starters and Mack figures to be the favorite in the slot. He would have an easier path to playing time in KC so we'll see what happens.
    I would think PP 'may' be on a 'pitch count'....and of course we can't be planning on Gladney