Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 114 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1706
    Doogie said today he doesn't think the Vikings will sign any FA's until after the draft. They'll reevaluate their needs after the draft.

He also said he expects the Vikings to take a QB in the middle rounds. He said they've done a lot of homework on Trask.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Just saw on twitter that Mo Hurst had a 9.4% pressure rate last season, which was 11th among interior defensive lineman. He had really good pass rushing grades from PFF the last two years.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    If Rick/Zim weren't on the hot seat, I would agree with this. But their jobs are on the line. So far the message of the off season has been that Zim is either going to sink or swim this year doing things his way and that's with a strong defense. That has me feeling DE is a real possibility in the first round.
    Hopefully the sea bed is nice and soft at the bottom when he sinks down to it.

Bring on Eric Bieniemy!
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Hopefully the sea bed is nice and soft at the bottom when he sinks down to it.

Bring on Eric Bieniemy!
    I'm pretty meh on Bieniemy. Andy Reid's offensive coaches don't have a strong history after leaving him. Pederson, Childress, Nagy, and Shurmur isn't an inspiring list. His defensive coaches have fared much better.

If we look for an offensive coach I would favor Joe Brady over anybody else.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Sheldon Richardson cut by the Browns. A bunch of solid DT's are available.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Sheldon Richardson cut by the Browns. A bunch of solid DT's are available.
    No doubt that Sheldon would be a Viking if we hadn't signed Tomlinson.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    No doubt that Sheldon would be a Viking if we hadn't signed Tomlinson.
    How much is he going to seek?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    How much is he going to seek?
    I would say 8 guaranteed but will eventually settle for 1 yea 2.5ML by the time he is signed. Probably won't be until after the draft and could potentially be with the Browns.

Why are we not in on guys like Ali Villanueva? Is he not a good scheme fit? Hes been a very solid and durable player for a while now and fills a huge need for us.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Why are we not in on guys like Ali Villanueva? Is he not a good scheme fit? Hes been a very solid and durable player for a while now and fills a huge need for us.
    His agent contacted the Vikings but Doogie reported they won't be making any moves until after the draft. If someone like Rashawn Slater falls to 14 then there's no need to sign somebody like Villanueva.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

His agent contacted the Vikings but Doogie reported they won't be making any moves until after the draft. If someone like Rashawn Slater falls to 14 then there's no need to sign somebody like Villanueva.
    10 days away!!!! In honor of that I post my last stupid hypothetical in this chat lol.

Do any of you think there would be a market for Kirk Cousins if the Vikings traded up to 8 Fields or Lance?

Denver at 9
    Eagles at 12
    New England at 13

My head would explode if we Traded up for a Qb and then flipped Kirk for a 1st.

No. I really wish we would have moved on from cousins and considered something like that previously but I think we are all in on building around him/competing next season at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Villanueva is visiting the Ravens today and might not even bet there after the draft. I know there are still some other free agents that might fit the scheme better like Fisher and Okung, but we dont need just one o-lineman. At this point we need at least 3 lineman, 2 starters and some quality depth. Banking on one of the top offensive tackles to fall to 14 is wishful thinking in my opinion. If we go into the season with an offensive line that looks like: rookie-cleveland-bradbury-rookie-oneil we are in huge trouble. If we can get one of Villanueva, Fisher, or Okung id feel a lot better cus then wed only have one rookie starting. Id preferably not want to rely on Okung because hes always hurt though. Fisher is also coming off a major injury. This doesnt seem like its going to end well imo.
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 04-19-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Villanueva is visiting the Ravens today and might not even bet there after the draft. I know there are still some other free agents that might fit the scheme better like Fisher and Okung, but we dont need just one o-lineman. At this point we need at least 3 lineman, 2 starters and some quality depth. Banking on one of the top offensive tackles to fall to 14 is wishful thinking in my opinion. If we go into the season with an offensive line that looks like: rookie-cleveland-bradbury-rookie-oneil we are in huge trouble. If we can get one of Villanueva, Fisher, or Okung id feel a lot better cus then wed only have one rookie starting. Id preferably not want to rely on Okung because hes always hurt though. Fisher is also coming off a major injury. This doesnt seem like its going to end well imo.
    I agree with you but I do think the Vikings will add multiple OL, including a FA splash. Ideally I would like to see them add multiple OL in the 2nd/3rd/4th rounds and then sign one of the FA tackles after the draft.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    10 days away!!!! In honor of that I post my last stupid hypothetical in this chat lol.

Do any of you think there would be a market for Kirk Cousins if the Vikings traded up to 8 Fields or Lance?

Denver at 9
    Eagles at 12
    New England at 13

My head would explode if we Traded up for a Qb and then flipped Kirk for a 1st.
    None of those teams. I could only seeing 1 team and that would be SF. Kyle Shanahan seems to be the 1 dude that loves Kirk and he would have for sure made that push to sign him if they hadn't traded for Jimmy.

They keep saying, he loves Mac Jones because he reminds him of Kirk Cousins.

Hypothetically, if we did a trade of Kirk for the #3 (I think more picks would come our way as well), which QB would you want, assuming Trevor and Zach are gone? I'd say no on Mac. Fields I think would come in and be more ready than Lance but not sure that he has more upside. IDK what I'd do lol.