Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    deshaun watson
    qb, houston texans

the houston chronicle's john mcclain reported the texans would want two first round draft picks, two second rounders, and two defensive starters in exchange for deshaun watson.

Mcclain's oddly specific trade scenario is hardly a guarantee that the wretched houston defense would improve in 2021, especially if they part ways with j.j. Watt this offseason. Mcclain, a longtime houston beat reporter, said the texans should start with the jets, who are reportedly at the top of watson's trade wish list. The athletic's joseph person, meanwhile, said league insiders expect houston to demand three first round picks for watson. Probably it depends on the caliber of defensive player in question, but person's scenario would seem to be more realistic with demand for watson, 25, as high as any player in recent nfl history.

Jan 31, 2021, 11:25 am et
    the athletic's joseph person reports nfl insiders believe "the texans will want three first-round picks, or two first-rounders and an established player" in exchange for deshaun watson.

The astronomical price for watson makes sense after the rams had to part with a 2021 third-round pick, a 2022 first-round pick, a 2023 first-round pick to acquire matthew stafford from detroit. If the texans are willing to hold out for that kind of offer, that could narrow watson's suitors to two or three teams. Person, who covers the panthers, was skeptical of the team selling out to get watson, since doing so would make it tougher to improve the team's offensive line. The panthers would owe teddy bridgewater $23 million if they stay put at qb in the coming months -- an unlikely scenario by all accounts. Watson being dealt to carolina would make d.j. Moore and robby anderson much sought-after players in 2021 fantasy drafts.

Jan 31, 2021, 11:03 am et
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think that has been the divide since we initially got him, he is kind of on the borderline and some feel he is and others feel he isn't. I think history and context go against him though in his career and even comparing to what we were pre cousins (25-21-1 with Cousins and one playoffs in two years compared to 32-16 and playoffs 2/3 years before him). Part of the issue is if he is just borderline on if good enough why in the world would he have a top 10 salary? That limits our ability to add pieces around him.

All of this is to say as someone who has long felt we overpaid for Kirk and keep making the mistake of "pushing it further down the road"... PLEASE STOP. Let's realize who he is and move on before we are stuck with another 3-4 years of him as our QB with a new contract after next season or whatever it may be. We have already seen him for 3 seasons now and it has been a downgrade from the 3 seasons prior (and he is part of what drove one of our WR's away as you note with Diggs too in that time). I don't need to see an older more expensive version moving forward personally but I have never been overly big on him. If you factor in age/salary and do a QB draft he likely isn't picked in the top 15 imo (maybe not even top 20), I don't think that's the type of guy worth 45 mil in 2 seasons nor do I want to extend this type knowing how much that keeps costing to do so.
    We already blew threw a window where we had the stud defense and studs on offense, only to spend the money on Kirk but not the OL. Now the D is rebuilding but it's not there yet. The problem is, with his contract, could we even trade him...or do we care (haven't looked at the dead money, but it's not my money so I only care about cap hits). I didn't feel bad when we signed him, because at that time I was hopeful. I was, however, disappointed we extended him....and now, here we are, really in a worse position as a team than before with one playoff win to show for it.

So, we have to do at least one of two things- find a way to move on from him and put more focus on building a stud OL.......at least IF we have a strong OL, that's when he can actually look worth his salary.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We already blew threw a window where we had the stud defense and studs on offense, only to spend the money on Kirk but not the OL. Now the D is rebuilding but it's not there yet. The problem is, with his contract, could we even trade him...or do we care (haven't looked at the dead money, but it's not my money so I only care about cap hits). I didn't feel bad when we signed him, because at that time I was hopeful. I was, however, disappointed we extended him....and now, here we are, really in a worse position as a team than before with one playoff win to show for it.

So, we have to do at least one of two things- find a way to move on from him and put more focus on building a stud OL.......at least IF we have a strong OL, that's when he can actually look worth his salary.
    Ya I think we are a bit a ways away yet as well needing improvements on D and the oline still as well. Only further reason to get the cap issues down the road out of the way now while we build up a bit more (instead of being ready in 2 seasons then having 45 mill cap hit along with others being pushed to stay under cap next season and last etc). I actually made this point heading into last season saying we should have been looking then. I am not sure who would but 49ers seem like a logical option if anyone would. Ya I get the hopefulness at the time on upgrading from Keenum being what we needed but it just hasn't worked out and Kirk is... Well, roughly what many of us thought. His salary is probably part of the issue of course.

If we keep Kirk we have a good chunk of holes and are missing a pick and also already over the cap. We need cuts, which create more holes than we already have too. So we have to fill oline/dline, replace Harris, probably cut and replace Barr and or Rieff etc. with a first round pick and some later ones along with min type guys? I just don't see how we do all of this and become a super bowl caliber team with Kirk.

and now there's rumors that SF could actually trade for Cousins, dunno if that would mean us taking on Jimmy G or us starting from scratch at QB..........or if it's more than idle chat

and now there's rumors that SF could actually trade for Cousins, dunno if that would mean us taking on Jimmy G or us starting from scratch at QB..........or if it's more than idle chat
    I think we would have to take Jimmy G to make the $$ work if it was to really happen. I think I read that Jimmys contract has an out though so he can be released with minimal cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I think we would have to take Jimmy G to make the $$ work if it was to really happen. I think I read that Jimmys contract has an out though so he can be released with minimal cap hit.
    Maybe flip him for some draft picks to new england, we would be loaded with picks between the 2 moves. Trade a 4th to cleveland for keenum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Interesting... Would be nice to pull a three way trade off with the Texans and get Watson while sending Cousins to SF.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Maybe flip him for some draft picks to new england, we would be loaded with picks between the 2 moves. Trade a 4th to cleveland for keenum.

Send that 4th to Washington for Heinicke!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Send that 4th to Washington for Heinicke!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    how about this deal trade cousins to sf get garrapolo and a first and second rnd pick.then trade garrappolo to ne for a first rnd pick and their ol man. then trade a 1st and rief to atl for ryan. draft an ol man and qb with their remaining picks. i have a feeling watson kisses and makes up with the texans.

Vikings signed kicker Greg Joseph. He was 17-20 on FGs with a long of 51 and 25-29 on extra points with the Browns in 2018. Played in 3 playoff games with the Titans last year and went 1-1 on FG's and 9-9 on extra points. He was Tampa's emergency kicker this year.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Seems like a decent pickup. I don't really care anymore, just find someone and stick with them unless God awful. Kickers do not grow on trees so you'll have your up and downs but maybe, just maybe we can find a kicker.

Free agent realistic list:
    1). Malik Hooker - 1 year, prove it type of deal. Coming off Achilles injury so have a draft plan as well
    2). Suh - likely doing 1 year deals until he retires. I'd expect him to stay with the Bucs but he's still productive.
    3). Willie Snead - depth and has been solid over the years.
    4). Plethora of CB's that could be had on cheap 1 year deals.

You know he'll want to go to Pittsburgh to play with his brother, but JJ Watt released
    Why did the Broncos release Bouye?
    Trade for Orlando Brown?

You know he'll want to go to Pittsburgh to play with his brother, but JJ Watt released
    Why did the Broncos release Bouye?
    Trade for Orlando Brown?
    I would want any of the 3 but realistically probably can't happen because of $$. Brown for sure is out with what it would take to get him and then pay him on top of that.

Watt would be great but again he'll still get paid nicely and he will probably go to Pitt if the $$ lines up.

Bouye could be a target but I think he'll get more than what we can spend.

I'd be ok bringing Mac Alexnader in a cheap deal. Unless they see Gladney as primarily the slot guy?

Saints cut Nick Easton. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s brought back. Would be a pretty underwhelming move but he can’t be worse than Dozier.

2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Page 66 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast