Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1616
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    None of those teams. I could only seeing 1 team and that would be SF. Kyle Shanahan seems to be the 1 dude that loves Kirk and he would have for sure made that push to sign him if they hadn't traded for Jimmy.

They keep saying, he loves Mac Jones because he reminds him of Kirk Cousins.

Hypothetically, if we did a trade of Kirk for the #3 (I think more picks would come our way as well), which QB would you want, assuming Trevor and Zach are gone? I'd say no on Mac. Fields I think would come in and be more ready than Lance but not sure that he has more upside. IDK what I'd do lol.
    As an OSU fan I would be torn. I like Fields but the unknown with Trey Lance excites me just a little more I think. Lance gives me that warm and fuzzy Russell Wilson vibe.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 04-19-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    As an OSU fan I would be torn. I like Fields but the unknown with Trey Lance excites me just a little more I think. Lance gives me that warm and fuzzy Russell Wilson vibe.
    I'm glad you said Wilson and not Kaepernick...'cause there's physical comparisons there, too...but I also never viewed Colin as a franchise QB, even before his g/f turned him all political
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm glad you said Wilson and not Kaepernick...'cause there's physical comparisons there, too...but I also never viewed Colin as a franchise QB, even before his g/f turned him all political
    Truthfully Kaepernick was a guy I didn't really like in college. Dak Prescott is another guy that I didn't like either but he really turned out good. So maybe my evaluations are trash lol.

I just remember when Wilson was mr everything at NC state and then coming out of Wisconsin he was supposed to be the Man and fell in the draft. Something about the way Lance evades pressure and moves just feels like Im seeing a very similar player.

2021 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    None of those teams. I could only seeing 1 team and that would be SF. Kyle Shanahan seems to be the 1 dude that loves Kirk and he would have for sure made that push to sign him if they hadn't traded for Jimmy.

They keep saying, he loves Mac Jones because he reminds him of Kirk Cousins.

Hypothetically, if we did a trade of Kirk for the #3 (I think more picks would come our way as well), which QB would you want, assuming Trevor and Zach are gone? I'd say no on Mac. Fields I think would come in and be more ready than Lance but not sure that he has more upside. IDK what I'd do lol.
    Add more picks our way? So they will move more than pick 12 and two future firsts for Kirk at this age? Has anything like that ever happened for a while like him at this age?

I think this made sense until they moved up to 3. Kirk isnít even worth the package sent for 3 let alone adding. At this point they are pretty clearly focusing on their qb of the future via the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Add more picks our way? So they will move more than pick 12 and two future firsts for Kirk at this age? Has anything like that ever happened for a while like him at this age?

I think this made sense until they moved up to 3. Kirk isnít even worth the package sent for 3 let alone adding. At this point they are pretty clearly focusing on their qb of the future via the draft

I mean honestly in my opinion it happened 2 months ago. 2 Firsts Goff and a 3rd is pretty damn close. Kirk is a year younger than Stafford, has none of the injury history, and is clearly what Shannahan dreams about.

I mean honestly in my opinion it happened 2 months ago. 2 Firsts Goff and a 3rd is pretty damn close. Kirk is a year younger than Stafford, has none of the injury history, and is clearly what Shannahan dreams about.
    Goff with his contract is considered a negative and thatís short a first still even with that considered. Not to mention itís very possible neither of those picks end up as high as top half like the one sf traded for this season (both traded two unknowns but the picks this year thatís missing is more valuable right now individually than any). So even that trade many thoughts was a high payment is a pretty nice first round pick away from that idea.

I think they may have had interest Kirk and maybe even reached out but once they traded up it was clear they are going a different route. I think people are fantasizing unrealistically thinking they would trade more than #3 right now to us for Kirk.

Goff with his contract is considered a negative and thatís short a first still even with that considered. Not to mention itís very possible neither of those picks end up as high as top half like the one sf traded for this season (both traded two unknowns but the picks this year thatís missing is more valuable right now individually than any). So even that trade many thoughts was a high payment is a pretty nice first round pick away from that idea.

I think they may have had interest Kirk and maybe even reached out but once they traded up it was clear they are going a different route. I think people are fantasizing unrealistically thinking they would trade more than #3 right now to us for Kirk.

Kirk for #3 is a pipe dream lol but I can respect those dreaming for at least aiming high
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Kirk for #3 is a pipe dream lol but I can respect those dreaming for at least aiming high
    I mean we all can aim high, I think we should trade our first for mahommes.

I am just saying realistically this isnít an actual option. I would absolutely love trading Kirk for 3, I would have traded him for 12.

I mean we all can aim high, I think we should trade our first for mahommes.

I am just saying realistically this isnít an actual option. I would absolutely love trading Kirk for 3, I would have traded him for 12.

Oh yeah I'm agreeing with you. I honestly don't even think the 49ers would have traded the 12th pick either. Good or bad, Kirk will be the guy for the next 24 or so months.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Oh yeah I'm agreeing with you. I honestly don't even think the 49ers would have traded the 12th pick either. Good or bad, Kirk will be the guy for the next 24 or so months.
    Ya I don't think they would have even done 12 either and Kirk is the guy for us at the very least next year (and most likely next 2 but a complete overhaul is why I hesitate).

Hopefully we get this oline figured out in the next 3 weeks or so since we know he will need it.

The fact that the Niners made the deal for the 3 all but assures they have no intention of trading it.

What I found funny is the people thinking they traded up to 3 to take Mac Jones.

And yeah, like it or not, we're either paying Kirk 40+ in 2022 or we're extending him again....in some ways fine, in others sad- we've wanted a franchise QB forever, now we've basically got one and it still feels like we're in some QB purgatory

The fact that the Niners made the deal for the 3 all but assures they have no intention of trading it.

What I found funny is the people thinking they traded up to 3 to take Mac Jones.

And yeah, like it or not, we're either paying Kirk 40+ in 2022 or we're extending him again....in some ways fine, in others sad- we've wanted a franchise QB forever, now we've basically got one and it still feels like we're in some QB purgatory
    I don't really think the 49ers are as realistic, however, I think Rick has his eye on Lance and even though we all think him and Zimmer are on the Hot seat and there is no chance they select a player for the future there has been no indication from the Wilfs to support that theory.

If Kirk was the guy for the future I think they would have taken the opportunity with this Free agent class to just extend him and create a ton of cap space to fill holes with quality players. I wonder if he makes an effort to go up for Lance/Fields if other teams would consider Kirk if we jumped ahead of them and took their guy.

Denver has a good team and Locke is not the guy and their new GM GEORGE PATON just left the Vikings after 14 years so he knows Kirk. If he is a Kirk fan and If we traded ahead of them for Lance who knows.

New England is another team that could benefit from Kirk. He seem like he would be a good fit with Belichek and as much as they may be rumored to get a rookie. realistically how many more years will Billy boy coach? Is he really in for a 3-5 year rebuild, not a chance. I think this offseason free agent frenzy was the result of him not wasting his final years coaching the patriots to a high draft pick.

I also feel like the Eagles would be a possible destination via trade. They drafted Hurts, Traded Wentz, Tried to get Stafford (rumor), Rumored to have tried to trade with Jets so they could get Wilson, and there is still rumors they want a new QB... Whole org just seems so disconneted right now they may make a knee jerk trade lol.

all long shots and more than likely less the 1% chance of happening. But seeing Rick on tv watching Trey Lance run route concepts that the Vikings also run very heavily makes me wonder #1 Why invest that time in Lance for the 2nd time at this point ?
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 04-20-2021 at 09:54 AM.

I don't really think the 49ers are as realistic, however, I think Rick has his eye on Lance and even though we all think him and Zimmer are on the Hot seat and there is no chance they select a player for the future there has been no indication from the Wilfs to support that theory.

If Kirk was the guy for the future I think they would have taken the opportunity with this Free agent class to just extend him and create a ton of cap space to fill holes with quality players. I wonder if he makes an effort to go up for Lance/Fields if other teams would consider Kirk if we jumped ahead of them and took their guy.

Denver has a good team and Locke is not the guy and their new GM GEORGE PATON just left the Vikings after 14 years so he knows Kirk. If he is a Kirk fan and If we traded ahead of them for Lance who knows.

New England is another team that could benefit from Kirk. He seem like he would be a good fit with Belichek and as much as they may be rumored to get a rookie. realistically how many more years will Billy boy coach? Is he really in for a 3-5 year rebuild, not a chance. I think this offseason free agent frenzy was the result of him not wasting his final years coaching the patriots to a high draft pick.

all long shots and more than likely less the 1% chance of happening. But seeing Rick on tv watching Trey Lance run route concepts that the Vikings also run very heavily makes me wonder #1 Why invest that time in Lance for the 2nd time at this point ?
    Right, a lot of long shots and I, for one, would be excited if they drafted a QB of the future...tho there's rumors they have looked a lot at Kyle Trask (who may go in the 20s, may slip further depending) and rumors of taking a QB in like the 3rd.

I don't really think their seats are that hot either...the Wilfs aren't from a sports background, they're all about business. And yeah, if they didn't redo Cousins before FA, not sure they do now...but next offseason is the larger question. I don't dislike Kirk, I just don't think he can take us any further than he already has...tho a better OL might change that.

New England will trade for Jimmy G far sooner than Kirk, but Denver is an interesting thought.

Lance in purple wouldn't mean Kirk is gone. Lance is very raw, so 2-3 yrs watching/running special packages is not a horrible idea. The problem there is...how far up do they need to go to get him. SF could take him at 3, Atlanta could at 4 or trade with someone that does. For all we know 5 QBs in a row go off the board in whatever order Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Jones, Lance.

Right, a lot of long shots and I, for one, would be excited if they drafted a QB of the future...tho there's rumors they have looked a lot at Kyle Trask (who may go in the 20s, may slip further depending) and rumors of taking a QB in like the 3rd.

I don't really think their seats are that hot either...the Wilfs aren't from a sports background, they're all about business. And yeah, if they didn't redo Cousins before FA, not sure they do now...but next offseason is the larger question. I don't dislike Kirk, I just don't think he can take us any further than he already has...tho a better OL might change that.

New England will trade for Jimmy G far sooner than Kirk, but Denver is an interesting thought.

Lance in purple wouldn't mean Kirk is gone. Lance is very raw, so 2-3 yrs watching/running special packages is not a horrible idea. The problem there is...how far up do they need to go to get him. SF could take him at 3, Atlanta could at 4 or trade with someone that does. For all we know 5 QBs in a row go off the board in whatever order Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Jones, Lance.

So the reason I pointed out Denver is my Belief is that #8 with the Panthers is the sweet spot for Lance. They traded for Darnold and despite NFL network insisting that doesn't mean they won't got QB.. They won't go QB. I don't think we will see much movement in 4-7 with Pitts/Chase/Slater/Sewell/Waddle. Denver at 9 and NE at 12 are the two teams you need to jump.

The other factor that I think we all seem to overlook is that Clint Kubiak is taking over. Lots of chatter about how certain OL don't fit our schemes and offense but the truth of the matter is that Clint my not run his Dad's offense to a T and may bring all new concepts that he presented when interviewing that he would do different that helped him get the job. New OC, New QB to run those concepts who knows.

the truth is 2 years ago we would be hearing daily reports on which prospects are in the building and having dinner with Zimmer and Rick. There is literally NOTHING about who they are having zoom meetings with or interviewing..... But Rick is standing 2 feet from Trey Lance 9 days prior to draft day. I'm bored and the math is confusing.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 04-20-2021 at 10:21 AM.

So the reason I pointed out Denver is my Belief is that #8 with the Panthers is the sweet spot for Lance. They traded for Darnold and despite NFL network insisting that doesn't mean they won't got QB.. They won't go QB. I don't think we will see much movement in 4-7 with Pitts/Chase/Slater/Sewell/Waddle. Denver at 9 and NE at 12 are the two teams you need to jump.

The other factor that I think we all seem to overlook is that Clint Kubiak is taking over. Lots of chatter about how certain OL don't fit our schemes and offense but the truth of the matter is that Clint my not run his Dad's offense to a T and may bring all new concepts that he presented when interviewing that he would do different that helped him get the job. New OC, New QB to run those concepts who knows.

the truth is 2 years ago we would be hearing daily reports on which prospects are in the building and having dinner with Zimmer and Rick. There is literally NOTHING about who they are having zoom meetings with or interviewing..... But Rick is standing 2 feet from Trey Lance 9 days prior to draft day. I'm bored and the math is confusing.
    It will be interesting to see what route they take at qb in the draft. I think itís either going to be Kyle Trask or Mond in the middle rounds