Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1644
    Doogie said he knows of 1 FA OT (it's not Schwartz) that has interest in the Vikings and there have been talks with his agent but they need to open up more cap space to sign him. Said we have about 5 million in cap space. I only see 3 OT's worth 5+ million; Russell Okung, Alejandro Villanueva, and Eric Fisher. Probably can eliminate Fisher from the conversation because he tore his Achilles and may not be ready for training camp. Doogie tweeted recently that the Vikings offered Okung a contract a few years ago so maybe it's him. Villanueva is a pretty good athlete so he would make sense in our scheme. I'm intrigued by Okung. Good chance Slater is gone by 14 when we pick so getting a vet LT makes a lot of sense. Trade back from 14 and draft a rookie like Vera-Tucker or Wyatt Davis. Vera-Tucker is probably going to be high on our wish list because he can play LT as well.

LT: Okung
    LG: Vera-Tucker
    C: Bradbury
    RG: Cleveland
    RT: O'Neill

He went on further to mention the Vikings and Ravens have had dialogue about Orlando Brown but doesn't know how far talks have gone. Also said they talked trade with a team about a pass rusher. Didn't mention the name because talks didn't go very far. He thinks Cleveland is likely going to stay at guard.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Saw this when looking at Doogies twitter and had to laugh.......PSD shut off our ability to post tweets for some reason...just links to them

https://twitter.com/NickOlsonNFL/sta...75107725049858

Russell Okung....the guy who 'gambled' on half his salary, taking it in Bitcoin...which has more than doubled since he signed the contract
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 03-22-2021 at 09:00 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Saw this when looking at Doogies twitter and had to laugh.......PSD shut off our ability to post tweets for some reason...just links to them

https://twitter.com/NickOlsonNFL/sta...75107725049858

Russell Okung....the guy who 'gambled' on half his salary, taking it in Bitcoin...which has more than doubled since he signed the contract
    Nick Olson is probably my best follow. He provides great analytics and also some funny **** like this lol.

Ya the Bitcoin thing is a gamble for sure. But if you bought low, like years ago, you are doing really really well right now. I still don't trust it.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Doogie said he knows of 1 FA OT (it's not Schwartz) that has interest in the Vikings and there have been talks with his agent but they need to open up more cap space to sign him. Said we have about 5 million in cap space. I only see 3 OT's worth 5+ million; Russell Okung, Alejandro Villanueva, and Eric Fisher. Probably can eliminate Fisher from the conversation because he tore his Achilles and may not be ready for training camp. Doogie tweeted recently that the Vikings offered Okung a contract a few years ago so maybe it's him. Villanueva is a pretty good athlete so he would make sense in our scheme. I'm intrigued by Okung. Good chance Slater is gone by 14 when we pick so getting a vet LT makes a lot of sense. Trade back from 14 and draft a rookie like Vera-Tucker or Wyatt Davis. Vera-Tucker is probably going to be high on our wish list because he can play LT as well.

LT: Okung
    LG: Vera-Tucker
    C: Bradbury
    RG: Cleveland
    RT: O'Neill

He went on further to mention the Vikings and Ravens have had dialogue about Orlando Brown but doesn't know how far talks have gone. Also said they talked trade with a team about a pass rusher. Didn't mention the name because talks didn't go very far. He thinks Cleveland is likely going to stay at guard.
    Good insight. Doogie generally knows whats going on. I'm still torn on Cleveland staying at G but with this draft we can be flexible. If we stay at 14, I like Darrisaw, who could start day 1 there and he fits our scheme perfect. Vera-Tucker would be another great option because of flexibility. We could plug him in at guard and move Cleveland to LT if we wanted to.

Ultimately I'm hoping for Slater.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Nick Olson is probably my best follow. He provides great analytics and also some funny **** like this lol.

Ya the Bitcoin thing is a gamble for sure. But if you bought low, like years ago, you are doing really really well right now. I still don't trust it.
    Back in 2016, my sister (who was always looking for a get-rich-quick kinda thing) was telling me about something I'd never heard of. She wanted me to loan her $300 so we could each buy one. I'd decided if I was going to do it I'd buy 2- they were like $650 each at the time.

Yup, I didn't pull the trigger...on bitcoin...at $650. I was >< close to taking a little chance for $1300 that would be over $100,000 in value right now. However, I tend to doubt I would have ever kept it this long. I saw a guy on reddit saying he had 6 or 8 I can't remember bitcoins from back then...but hasn't been able to remember how to get into the wallet they're in or something like that.

It all sounds good, yeah, but I really don't know its future. I'm strongly considering, however, adding crypto to my fantasy game in some manner.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Barr's contract details are out. He'll have a cap hit of 6.1 million this year and has 2 voidable years after this to spread out his guaranteed money. According to Ben Goessling, we have a little over 10 million in cap space right now but that doesn't include Beebe's 920k. Once that factors in we'll have a little over 9 million.

That number will go up whenever Harrison Smith signs an extension and Kyle Rudolph's contract comes off the books. Looks like Rick is gearing up for another move or two.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Barr's contract details are out. He'll have a cap hit of 6.1 million this year and has 2 voidable years after this to spread out his guaranteed money. According to Ben Goessling, we have a little over 10 million in cap space right now but that doesn't include Beebe's 920k. Once that factors in we'll have a little over 9 million.

That number will go up whenever Harrison Smith signs an extension and Kyle Rudolph's contract comes off the books. Looks like Rick is gearing up for another move or two.
    Nice. We still need 2 good olineman, a safety (or corner if peterson is playing there), a wr 3 and pass rush. We can count on a couple from draft but that leaves 3 or so fas needed still at least.

We can make over 15 mil then it sounds like with smith right? Then Rudy would cover the rookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Nice. We still need 2 good olineman, a safety (or corner if peterson is playing there), a wr 3 and pass rush. We can count on a couple from draft but that leaves 3 or so fas needed still at least.

We can make over 15 mil then it sounds like with smith right? Then Rudy would cover the rookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peterson already threw out the talk of him playing safety so we'll definitely need to bring one in. So I would say in order our needs are OL, S, and pass rush. After those 3 it's depth everywhere else like WR3. This isn't something I agree with but I bet you the team goes into the season with Chad Beebe and like a rookie 3rd or 4th round pick competing for the WR3 job. They just don't seem all that interested in fielding 3 good WR's. I'd love to see Rick get wild and somehow draft Rondale Moore in the 2nd round.

I'm guessing extending Smith will at least cut his cap hit this year in half so that would give us around 15 million. I'm eager to see if Rick uses our cap space on another big splash or tries to get a 3-4 guys. Okung makes a lot of sense but I'm guessing he'll want something close to 10 million, especially if its 1 year deal. We might be able to pull off signing Okung and a safety to something close to the vet minimum. PFF estimates Hooker will sign a 1 year deal worth 2 million and estimates Tre Boston will sign for 2.25 million. So we could pull off signing one of them and giving Okung around 10 million.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Some scoop today from Doogie:

Vikings are after a guard and safety
    Mentioned Forrest Lamp twice, Xavier Woods, and Will Parks. When he mentioned Lamp he wondered if Lamp would take a vet minimum deal
    Said he hears the Vikings feel they are close to getting a deal done with a safety
    Mentioned again about hearing the Vikings and a free agent OT but that the cap space isn't there right now. Might change if they sign Smith to an extension to free up more cap space
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Peterson already threw out the talk of him playing safety so we'll definitely need to bring one in. So I would say in order our needs are OL, S, and pass rush. After those 3 it's depth everywhere else like WR3. This isn't something I agree with but I bet you the team goes into the season with Chad Beebe and like a rookie 3rd or 4th round pick competing for the WR3 job. They just don't seem all that interested in fielding 3 good WR's. I'd love to see Rick get wild and somehow draft Rondale Moore in the 2nd round.

I'm guessing extending Smith will at least cut his cap hit this year in half so that would give us around 15 million. I'm eager to see if Rick uses our cap space on another big splash or tries to get a 3-4 guys. Okung makes a lot of sense but I'm guessing he'll want something close to 10 million, especially if its 1 year deal. We might be able to pull off signing Okung and a safety to something close to the vet minimum. PFF estimates Hooker will sign a 1 year deal worth 2 million and estimates Tre Boston will sign for 2.25 million. So we could pull off signing one of them and giving Okung around 10 million.
    I figured and I think signing an S makes sense at these prices, I am surprised to find that is our cap and we let Harris walk. Thanks for telling me though, my buddy has been adamant we don't sign a S so he can play it so I will share that quote lol.

I am not sure we would spend much on WR3 either I was thinking just a cheap value type or even a Fitz/Patterson type reunion but I think we draft one either way. I think pass rush is where we maybe use like a 3rd but due to price in FA may not get one. I think OL+S then some sort of WR on the cheap from FA still seems reasonable. Draft OL in the first then pass rush next with probably double dipping at both and take a WR too at some point.

Is will parks any good? I think we lean that direction

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Back in 2016, my sister (who was always looking for a get-rich-quick kinda thing) was telling me about something I'd never heard of. She wanted me to loan her $300 so we could each buy one. I'd decided if I was going to do it I'd buy 2- they were like $650 each at the time.

Yup, I didn't pull the trigger...on bitcoin...at $650. I was >< close to taking a little chance for $1300 that would be over $100,000 in value right now. However, I tend to doubt I would have ever kept it this long. I saw a guy on reddit saying he had 6 or 8 I can't remember bitcoins from back then...but hasn't been able to remember how to get into the wallet they're in or something like that.

It all sounds good, yeah, but I really don't know its future. I'm strongly considering, however, adding crypto to my fantasy game in some manner.
    Awwww damn we could have been rich SiteWolf.😢😢

WHY YOU LITTLE(IN MY HOMER SIMPSON VOICE) 😁

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

The Rumor on Twitter: Eric Fisher wants to play for us.

This is coming from a guy that knows a guy in the organization. Don't know the truth to it but he is a guy that does not have any reason to lie about it anyways.

Obviously with Fisher he would be a good fit but he's coming off of an Achilles injury.

This is coming from a guy that knows a guy in the organization. Don't know the truth to it but he is a guy that does not have any reason to lie about it anyways.

Obviously with Fisher he would be a good fit but he's coming off of an Achilles injury.
    I would be all for it but would like to see a low risk multi year deal. Maybe like 3 years heavy incentive based. If he can come back in 2021 and plays good it would be nice to have him locked up. Maybe spot fill with Hill and Rookie until he is 100%

Who said that? I've been trying to figure that out since last night. Doogie has been talking about a free agent OT but I assumed it was Okung.

The Chiefs GM said he expects Fisher back sometime mid August. That seems pretty optimistic. Recovery time from an Achilles injury is around 8 months. Fisher had surgery on January 29th. 8 months will be the end of September so I assume he is going to miss some regular season time. PFT doc David Chao wrote that if Fisher practices during training camp he'll be doing so at less than 100%. If we do sign him, I would rather not rush him. We could always play Rashod Hill at LT for a few games if need be. Hill has typically been solid when forced to play.

I would rather try to sign Okung rather than wait around for Fisher to be able to play.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast