Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 110 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1641
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    It will be interesting to see what route they take at qb in the draft. I think itís either going to be Kyle Trask or Mond in the middle rounds
    That is what Doogie suggested will happen. According to him they've done their homework on Trask.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Just a point of order....NE is behind us at 15, Philly has SF's 12 and Miami Philly's 6

Round 1
    1) Jacksonville Jaguars
    2) New York Jets
    3) San Francisco 49ers (from HOU through MIA)
    4) Atlanta Falcons
    5) Cincinnati Bengals
    6) Miami Dolphins (from PHI)
    7) Detroit Lions
    8) Carolina Panthers
    9) Denver Broncos
    10) Dallas Cowboys
    11) New York Giants
    12) Philadelphia Eagles (from SF through MIA)
    13) Los Angeles Chargers
    14) Minnesota Vikings
    15) New England Patriots

We assume QBs will go 1,2,3.....Atlanta could but has suggested they won't. Cincy won't. Miami 'could' but likely won't. Same with Detroit and Carolina. Denver, who knows. Dallas won't but is open to trading. Giants and Eagles likely won't. Chargers won't.

NE, Washington, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans could all potentially move up, however doubtful.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

FWIW, Kirk is absolutely worth the #3 pick in the draft. Now, of course I don't think that happens but his value at this point in time is worth more than that pick imo.

Maybe not #1, but if any of those QB's end up throwing statistically as well as Kirk, then you'd say they are pretty damn good. Everything else put aside.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    That is what Doogie suggested will happen. According to him they've done their homework on Trask.
    I kind of like Trask to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I kind of like Trask to be honest.
    I haven't look at any of the QB's but if my memory is correct I believe he had a pretty good game against Bama in the SEC title game
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

2021 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Thread

FWIW, Kirk is absolutely worth the #3 pick in the draft. Now, of course I don't think that happens but his value at this point in time is worth more than that pick imo.

Maybe not #1, but if any of those QB's end up throwing statistically as well as Kirk, then you'd say they are pretty damn good. Everything else put aside.
    I think you are biased towards Kirk/in favor of vikes. At the very least a large majority of people would disagree, this idea would get destroyed in the main forum.

As vikes fan said last night I donít even know if they would offer 12 let alone an extra two futures it took to get 3 then adding more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatever anyone thinks Cousins' value is in a trade, it is decreased by his contract.....

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think you are biased towards Kirk/in favor of vikes. At the very least a large majority of people would disagree, this idea would get destroyed in the main forum.

As vikes fan said last night I donít even know if they would offer 12 let alone an extra two futures it took to get 3 then adding more.

Bias yes but we are talking about a top 10 QB in the league. He is better than Stafford and has shown it. He also doesn't miss games. But, given that teams like the unknown then sure, I suppose you could get someone who puts up better #'s but unlikely.

I didn't mean two future firsts but perhaps a few later round picks because the #3 pick holds so much value. Heck even a straight up swap maybe but regardless, I don't expect Kirk to move anywhere because of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

Oh I get what you are saying now...ya for sure, that would not make sense for them.

Bias yes but we are talking about a top 10 QB in the league. He is better than Stafford and has shown it. He also doesn't miss games. But, given that teams like the unknown then sure, I suppose you could get someone who puts up better #'s but unlikely.

I didn't mean two future firsts but perhaps a few later round picks because the #3 pick holds so much value. Heck even a straight up swap maybe but regardless, I don't expect Kirk to move anywhere because of contract.
    I mean he is borderline top 10 and thats only if you are looking at talent to win this year without considering other factors. If you include age and contract he definitely isn't top 10. I shared articles in season ranking him in the 20's, granted that was due to a slow start. Here is one below, none of them had him higher than 14th QB last season.
    https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ra...020-nfl-season

Stafford is right around Kirk's level I would not say Kirk is better and if anything at least Stafford may benefit going to a team ready to win and set to compete. Kirk has already done this, we saw what happens when a very good team that is coming off a playoff run "upgrades" to him... That team falls off the following 3 seasons instead of getting better. I am not sure what anyone would see in Kirk at this point giving them confidence where at least Stafford hasn't failed in the same type of scenario.

I meant they added 2 future 1sts to 12 this year to get to 3. You are saying they will add to 3 so that means adding to 12 and two future firsts because that's what it already took to get 3 (and is why they wouldn't move even just pick 3 for Kirk because as others noted it's not a sure thing he's even worth pick 12).

I would be extremely surprised if Stafford doesn't have one of his best years ever....finally with strong talent around him on offense and a strong defense to make him play from behind all the time. He never once had all that in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I would be extremely surprised if Stafford doesn't have one of his best years ever....finally with strong talent around him on offense and a strong defense to make him play from behind all the time. He never once had all that in Detroit.
    Meh, I'd like to see what he could do with a WR like Calvin Johnson in his prime and a dominant Ndomukong Suh leading the defense.

Just being a dick. I think he will have a good stat season but unless they find some semblance of a rushing game he is going to struggle staying healthy if he needs to throw the ball as much as Goff did last season.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 04-21-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Meh, I'd like to see what he could do with a WR like Calvin Johnson in his prime and a dominant Ndomukong Suh leading the defense.

Just being a dick. I think he will have a good stat season but unless they find some semblance of a rushing game he is going to struggle staying healthy if he needs to throw the ball as much as Goff did last season.
    Rams werenít bad rushing and they actually had 7th most attempts. Add in that they have a better defense than anything stafford played with before too. This will be the best collection of talent heís played with. Staying healthy is obviously important but stafford has generally been able to play (I think only one season in last like 10 he hasnít played in all 16 games)

I agree, if he stays healthy he will have a great year. His talent has never been the question and now he has a defense and an elite offensive mind. Should be a winning formula.

well we will find out because the vikings extra game is a home game in la vs the chargers.