Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 93 of 109 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1621
  1. #1381
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    Imagine this team with Lamar still on a rookie deal. Yikes
    Jefferson would have finished the season with 27 catches for 480 yards and 2 Touchdowns and we would all be clamoring for Devonta Smith because Jefferson was a bust....

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,090
    Sounds like Mack is signing for the minimum 900k


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,090
    I would rather have Kirk than Jackson to be honest. Jacksons two playoff performances were pretty meh. He put up a bunch of garbage stats against Baltimore last year and this year scored 3 points against Buffalo. Whenever Baltimore falls behind and have to throw to get back in games, they usually lose. Hes super dynamic but I would rather have a guy who can win with his arm. At least Kirk has had a few 10+ come backs and that Saints playoff game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    We would still have a horrible offensive line....
    Not necessarily. Wed certainly have more than enough cap to go after top tier free agents across the offensive line.

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768
    I wouldnt hesitate to move cousins for a rookie contract Lamar lol you guys are crazy. Not only could we add 25 mil more or whatever to the oline/filling out the d but the drop in passing game would be helped in our running game and his ability to turn some of those negative plays into something (even if just a throw away).

    Marquise brown isnt better than our wr options imo but did put up almost 800 yards still with Lamar.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768

    2021 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Jefferson would have finished the season with 27 catches for 480 yards and 2 Touchdowns and we would all be clamoring for Devonta Smith because Jefferson was a bust....
    To be clear, your argument is that Jefferson is roughly half the wr of marquise brown then right? I actually tend to think of Jefferson as a higher level receiver personally so it might just be your view on how good or bad Jefferson is and if he is solely a product of Kirk.

    Cause brown had 58 receptions 769 yards and 8tds. I think Jefferson is the better talent as well so could improve on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #1387
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768

    2021 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would rather have Kirk than Jackson to be honest. Jacksons two playoff performances were pretty meh. He put up a bunch of garbage stats against Baltimore last year and this year scored 3 points against Buffalo. Whenever Baltimore falls behind and have to throw to get back in games, they usually lose. Hes super dynamic but I would rather have a guy who can win with his arm. At least Kirk has had a few 10+ come backs and that Saints playoff game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In his very short career he has as many playoff wins as Kirk cousins and has made it to the divisional round 1 more time than Kirk has as well as an extra playoff appearance.

    Then add in the weapons on our team in comparison and the massive difference in salary.

    We are taking about a rookie contract we with more playoff opportunities/similar success as a 33 year old vet and trying to use it against the young guy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1388
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768
    Looks like we just signed safety Xavier Woods from the Cowboys to a one year deal

  9. #1389
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,694
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Looks like we just signed safety Xavier Woods from the Cowboys to a one year deal
    I saw. Is he any good or just a warm body next to Harrison?

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  10. #1390
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I saw. Is he any good or just a warm body next to Harrison?

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I don't know a ton about him tbh so this isn't really my opinion just what I am looking up.

    PFF grade was 61.9 so not very good. He did however play a lot of snaps which signals trust in him doing his assignments etc. at the same time. Then again it was for the cowboys and we know about their defense.

    https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-s...louisiana-tech
    His PFF scouting report coming in actually seems to indicate a bit of coverage ability including the slot. Issues with tackling/going for big play noted too though.

    It seems he is a scheme fit here and I think the hope would be a good defense around him, further development and the scheme would make him starting caliber (so slightly more than warm body but it is wishful thinking still).

  11. #1391
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,741
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I saw. Is he any good or just a warm body next to Harrison?

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    not a stud, but more than a warm body....and still young enough to improve under the DB Whisperer
    Plus, we'd gone an entire year without an Xavier in the DB room
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #1392
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    To be clear, your argument is that Jefferson is roughly half the wr of marquise brown then right? I actually tend to think of Jefferson as a higher level receiver personally so it might just be your view on how good or bad Jefferson is and if he is solely a product of Kirk.

    Cause brown had 58 receptions 769 yards and 8tds. I think Jefferson is the better talent as well so could improve on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, no argument at all or even logic. Just took a jab at a pointless exercise. There are 20+ teams in the NFL that I am sure would love to trade their starting QB for a rookie contract and a young QB. We have what we have and that's what this team is building around.

    I also am of the opinion that Lamar is nowhere near as good as he's given credit. But I don't really care at all about the Ravens so....

  13. #1393
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    No, no argument at all or even logic. Just took a jab at a pointless exercise. There are 20+ teams in the NFL that I am sure would love to trade their starting QB for a rookie contract and a young QB. We have what we have and that's what this team is building around.

    I also am of the opinion that Lamar is nowhere near as good as he's given credit. But I don't really care at all about the Ravens so....
    Ok gotcha, I just couldn't believe the responses initially from some lol. Even if Lamar is overrated by some given that MVP etc. he is still at the very least in the Kirk range (personally I think his extra skills more than make up for the arm difference even if he isn't worlds better/top 5 QB) but then factor in like 25 mil.

    Like it really isn't a question to me which option was better overall so I couldn't believe the initial responses. I agree we are stuck with Kirk but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be better options and that is obviously one of them imo.

  14. #1394
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,811
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    Not necessarily. Wed certainly have more than enough cap to go after top tier free agents across the offensive line.
    We'd have a ton of cap space but you and I both know they wouldn't use it to address the offensive line
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  15. #1395
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    We'd have a ton of cap space but you and I both know they wouldn't use it to address the offensive line
    Honestly I think if they wanted to make that investment it would be done. They have the means to create plenty of cap if deemed necessary. They simply don't want too invest in a high priced FA lineman.

Page 93 of 109 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •