Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1617
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I definitely hope heís not being thought of as a starter/the idea is we need 2 more still. Bradbury/cole/Cleveland all starting seems very risky to me. We already saw how bad our pass blocking is and if I saw right his pass block grades were 42 and 46 in two years starting for cole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I'm reading on Cole is that because he struggles with the snap so he is late getting into his stance a lot. He looks more comfortable/natural at guard. Fingers crossed lol
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    1000000% correct. No way I'm trading Thielen for a LT. I could get behind swapping first round picks and maybe throwing in a mid round pick too but I just don't really love the idea of Brown in general. Seems like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
    Ya I've opened up to it just a bit. I do hesitate a little but damn he is a good OT. I'm not including Theilan either.

What I'm reading on Cole is that because he struggles with the snap so he is late getting into his stance a lot. He looks more comfortable/natural at guard. Fingers crossed lol
    I've seen several NFL guys indicate that Guard is his more natural position and they expect him to do well there. I'd still like to continue to add maybe 1 more FA guard and for sure in the draft. Get some bodies in there and let them fight it out. I am optimistic on Cole though but I guess when you go from Dozier anything is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    We donít have a second round pick and why would we trade to fill one hole while creating another
    Thatís right i was thinking we got a 2nd rounder back in the Ngakoue trade. I hear ya i donít want to create another whole at receiver but i think it is much more important to protect cousins and keep him upright if we want to actually contend for something this year. We already have our #1 wideout in Jefferson and we are a very run heavy team. Thielen will also be 31 years old when the season starts and we could potentially see his play start to slip. In my opinion itís much easier to replace your #2 wideout than it is to fill a massive hole at left tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Chad Beebe would be our WR2. That would be an awful way to enter the season
    If we made that move which we most likely arenít, i would sure hope weíd sign a free agent or draft a receiver to take Thielenís place. Not just thrust chad beebee into that role.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    If we made that move which we most likely arenít, i would sure hope weíd sign a free agent or draft a receiver to take Thielenís place. Not just thrust chad beebee into that role.
    If we were on the clock looking at Devonta Smith at the top of our board and the Ravens Called to make the deal..... I wouldn't blame anyone for saying yes

Thielen's one of my absolute favorite all time players, however, a 30 year old Theilen and a 3rd round pick for 24 year old Orlando Brown and being able to pick a 22 year old Smith would put the Vikings in a much better position long term.

Ultimately you are trading 2-3 prime years from Adam for 5-8 years starting LT and WR with great upside.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I've seen several NFL guys indicate that Guard is his more natural position and they expect him to do well there. I'd still like to continue to add maybe 1 more FA guard and for sure in the draft. Get some bodies in there and let them fight it out. I am optimistic on Cole though but I guess when you go from Dozier anything is a win.
    I'll consider this off season a home run if we can figure out a way to sign a LT, DT, and S. Something like Eric Fisher, Geno Atkins, and a safety like Hooker/Woods/Boston. That gives us flexibility to go BPA at 14 or trade back.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Mac Alexander is back. I like it. Hated that he left more than Rhodes/Waynes last year.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Mac Alexander is back. I like it. Hated that he left more than Rhodes/Waynes last year.

I wonder if the Vikings are going to move on from Hughes. He's buried on the depth chart. Dantzler, Peterson, Gladney, and Alexander are the top 4. Harrison Hand had a few nice moments last year but he might be moved to safety.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

I wonder if the Vikings are going to move on from Hughes. He's buried on the depth chart. Dantzler, Peterson, Gladney, and Alexander are the top 4. Harrison Hand had a few nice moments last year but he might be moved to safety.
    Thatíd be pretty upsetting considering some of the players we could have drafted instead of him. I donít think thatís the case though. Zimmer loves to load that position with depth

Alright so I'm liking how the secondary is starting to look:

CB: Patrick Peterson
    NB: Mack Alexander/Jeff Gladney
    S: Harrison Smith
    S: FA/rookie
    CB: Cam Dantzler/Jeff Gladney

FA safety options still include Xavier Woods, Malik Hooker, Tre Boston, and they've been linked to Will Parks. Trevon Moehrig and Richie Grant are supposed to be the top two safeties but I'm thinking Zim is going to want a veteran safety this year.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Thatíd be pretty upsetting considering some of the players we could have drafted instead of him. I donít think thatís the case though. Zimmer loves to load that position with depth
    pass up? meh, just left Lamar Jackson on the board, coulda considered Nick Chubb, or Darius Leonard...not like we passed up any real talent...

I had assumed (incorrectly) that the PP signing eliminated the Mac idea....plus, didn't he leave in FA in large part peeved at the coaching staff?

I was surprised when Peterson came out denying he'd make a position change...bet Zim didn't like it...even IF that's indeed the plan. But FS is still a hole, and I'd think PP could fit it. 'Cause damn, we're fully reloaded at CB
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    pass up? meh, just left Lamar Jackson on the board, coulda considered Nick Chubb, or Darius Leonard...not like we passed up any real talent...

I had assumed (incorrectly) that the PP signing eliminated the Mac idea....plus, didn't he leave in FA in large part peeved at the coaching staff?

I was surprised when Peterson came out denying he'd make a position change...bet Zim didn't like it...even IF that's indeed the plan. But FS is still a hole, and I'd think PP could fit it. 'Cause damn, we're fully reloaded at CB
    Imagine this team with Lamar still on a rookie deal. Yikes

Lamar Jackson is extremely overrated imo

Imagine this team with Lamar still on a rookie deal. Yikes
    We would still have a horrible offensive line....
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast