Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1616
    Hoping Cole will just be taking Brett Jones spot as a back up interior OL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

2021 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Thread

Cole is a former 3rd round pick. Not sure what scheme Arizona runs but maybe he wasnít a good scheme fit in Arizona? Who knows, just trying to be optimistic lol His draft bio says he relies on his athleticism over power. His pros and cons are literally everything this OL is good and bad at. Good athlete, quick, durable and intelligent but will struggle with power. He played LT and C for Michigan. LG and C for the Cardinals. His cap hit is 2.1 million. Maybe we bring in somebody like Lamp or a draft pick to compete with him? I guess heís better than Dozier lol

2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Doogie reported the Vikings are interested in Geno Atkins
    Doogie said the Vikings have spoke with a lot of FA's but they want guys on their terms. Won't be overpaying any more FA's.

Mentioned Forrest Lamp again this morning but said it's unlikely they give him 2-3 million. He thinks a league minimum deal or one that has incentives could work.

He said the Vikings spoke to the agent of 1 high end pass rusher who is still available but that this players agent said the Vikings "don't have the money to sign his client". That has to be Clowney or Dunlap.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Hoping Cole will just be taking Brett Jones spot as a back up interior OL.

On Twitter I just see AZ fans laughing at the Vikings for trading for him. About what I expected from Rick in addressing the o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Okay I don't hate this move. Looking at PFF It looks like he had a pretty decent 2018, limited snaps (injured maybe) in 2019, and was okay in 2020 aside from a higher # of penalties ~8. (this could be attributed to Kyler Murray running all over the place.

Not earth shattering but I'll take a 3 year vet with some success for a 6th rounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I seriously hope Rick doesn't think Cole or guys we have made offers to like Nick Easton are really gonna help this offensive line. As backups, okay, but as starters, no way.
    Nick Olson on Twitter, he said, "go get average guys over getting high priced guys at guard". This move, on paper doesn't look all that good, but I think it will end being solid.

Mason Cole has two career starts at LG, both in 2019.

- Week 9 against SF: 56 snaps, 68.1 overall grade, 64.3 pass blocking grade, 1 pressure/sack allowed on 33 PB snaps
    - Week 10 against TB: 67 snaps, 55.7 overall grade, 80.7 pass blocking grade (!), 1 pressure on 49 PB snaps
    Reading some scouts take before he was drafted. Appears he is probably average to slightly average athletically. Has some power but not great. Good technique and is able to anchor well.

If anything, he provides good depth.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    On Twitter I just see AZ fans laughing at the Vikings for trading for him. About what I expected from Rick in addressing the o-line.
    Will Ragatz of Sports Illustrated is breaking down some film on him and Cole might not be that bad. His only two career starts at LG were against SF and TB in 2019 and both games he graded well. Against SF he had a 68 overall grade and 64 pass block grade. Both a little above average. Against TB his pass block grade was 80.7, which is very good. Very small sample but for only a 6th round comp pick I can get behind this move. Bring him in and see if we can get more out of him in a scheme that probably fits his skill set best. If he stinks then he's a back up IOL that only cost a 6th round pick. Cole is just 25.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Okay I don't hate this move. Looking at PFF It looks like he had a pretty decent 2018, limited snaps (injured maybe) in 2019, and was okay in 2020 aside from a higher # of penalties ~8. (this could be attributed to Kyler Murray running all over the place.

Not earth shattering but I'll take a 3 year vet with some success for a 6th rounder.
    Will Ragatz of Sports Illustrated is breaking down some film on him and Cole might not be that bad. His only two career starts at LG were against SF and TB in 2019 and both games he graded well. Against SF he had a 68 overall grade and 64 pass block grade. Both a little above average. Against TB his pass block grade was 80.7, which is very good. Very small sample but for only a 6th round comp pick I can get behind this move. Bring him in and see if we can get more out of him in a scheme that probably fits his skill set best. If he stinks then he's a back up IOL that only cost a 6th round pick. Cole is just 25.
    Yep exactly, it's a good low cost addition. He's durable too.

Would a 2nd round pick and Adam Thielen be enough to get Orlando Brown Jr. from Baltimore? If so would you guys pull that trigger???

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Would a 2nd round pick and Adam Thielen be enough to get Orlando Brown Jr. from Baltimore? If so would you guys pull that trigger???
    We donít have a second round pick and why would we trade to fill one hole while creating another

Chad Beebe would be our WR2. That would be an awful way to enter the season
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Nick Olson on Twitter, he said, "go get average guys over getting high priced guys at guard". This move, on paper doesn't look all that good, but I think it will end being solid.

Reading some scouts take before he was drafted. Appears he is probably average to slightly average athletically. Has some power but not great. Good technique and is able to anchor well.

If anything, he provides good depth.
    I agree. Cole and Easton are below average though. They should be backups at best.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Chad Beebe would be our WR2. That would be an awful way to enter the season
    1000000% correct. No way I'm trading Thielen for a LT. I could get behind swapping first round picks and maybe throwing in a mid round pick too but I just don't really love the idea of Brown in general. Seems like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

I agree. Cole and Easton are below average though. They should be backups at best.
    This was initial reaction towards the Cole trade but after seeing some guys doing some film study on him I'm at least intrigued enough to see what he can do at LG full time. The two games he played well at LG were against the 49ers DeForest Buckner and DJ Jones and TB Suh and Vita Vea.

Arif posted his draft reaction to the Cardinals taking Cole and all he basically said was he shouldn't play center because he can't snap. For some reason he played primarily center in Arizona. I don't think there is a ton of upside here but if we can get average play (thinking Josh Kline level) then I'll be thrilled lol

Plus, might as well throw a 6th round pick at somebody with a little bit of upside. Our mid to late round picks on OL have been pretty bad. Cole can't be any worse than guys like Jeff Baca or David Yankey.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Iíd much rather just use our first and sign a g than trade theilan+higher pick even if itís for a stud. I think leave the weapons in place and use whatís left for oline/s/wr3/edge

I definitely hope heís not being thought of as a starter/the idea is we need 2 more still. Bradbury/cole/Cleveland all starting seems very risky to me. We already saw how bad our pass blocking is and if I saw right his pass block grades were 42 and 46 in two years starting for cole.

Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast