Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1636
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Fitz is with Washington. I would be cool with them trading cousins for 3 but #14 wouldn't be part of the deal. It seems to me the 49ers traded a ton of picks for #3 just to realize the guy they want is 100% going to the Jets. Maybe when they made the trade NY was sending strong signals of committing to Darnold or another player but it sounds like the 49ers trade brought out the truth and Jets all but said Wilson is the future.

I don't know why we would give them #14 if they are now desperate to get Kirk instead of the Qbs that are there at #3. Maybe I would give Kirk and 2022 1st/2nd with the depth at OL so we can solidify Qb and T for the next decade. 49ers paid a steep price for #3 and they can recoup some of that draft capital trading Jimmy and a future 1st from Minny.

I doubt this rumor has any legs and is just coming back up due to the lack of news in the NFl and leading up the draft but man a big mix up would be exiting. Also, if Lance or Fields were a guy we took then Teddy B is almost guaranteed to get released from carolina and could come home and compete with a Rookie for 1 year.

The only nightmare scenario would be that we make this trade and take Mac Jones. I'd become a packer fan...
    the guy that brought this up said that the #3 pick alone was not enough for cousins so adding the 14 pick wouldent make much sense.the niners would have to unload garappolo . and the vikes know this im either way on this. id prefer the qb from ndst my self .if i was rick in trade back with den and nab an early 2nd. but we will see.

So, if this were to work, a 3 team trade where the Niners get Cousins, the Patriots get Jimmy G, and we get the 3...then yeah, trade for Two Gloves to be the placeholder.

but yeah, if anything happens, I'd be shocked
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Ya I donít see any way they trade us the third pick for cousins let alone add to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iíd trade Kirk to the niners for Jimmy G and #3 in a nanosecond

Guys, the 49ers are not trading the 3rd overall pick for Kirk Cousins
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Guys, the 49ers are not trading the 3rd overall pick for Kirk Cousins
    spoilsport
    of course they're not....not straight up...but giving up #14?
    (they're still not)

Like it or not, we're tied to Kirk for awhile. Since we won't want to pay him what he's scheduled to make next year, we're likely to do another extension, kicking that can down the road even further...hopefully the next one has a more palatable way out
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    spoilsport
    of course they're not....not straight up...but giving up #14?
    (they're still not)

Like it or not, we're tied to Kirk for awhile. Since we won't want to pay him what he's scheduled to make next year, we're likely to do another extension, kicking that can down the road even further...hopefully the next one has a more palatable way out
    The reality of it hurts to hear. Truthfully Kirk is a really good quarterback but I think the team would be better served building around a rookie quarterback contract. In order for this ďprojectĒ to work out, Kirk would have to play at a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning level - in the sense that he hides the deficiencyís we lack from the restrictiveness of his lopsided contract. Thatís just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    The reality of it hurts to hear. Truthfully Kirk is a really good quarterback but I think the team would be better served building around a rookie quarterback contract. In order for this ďprojectĒ to work out, Kirk would have to play at a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning level - in the sense that he hides the deficiencyís we lack from the restrictiveness of his lopsided contract. Thatís just my humble opinion.
    I think the successful formula would mirror something like the Pittsburgh Steelers/Seahawks in Ben and Russellís first few years in the league. Strong offensive line, great rushing attack, dominant defense, rookie quarterback.

Weíre not far off in structure as far as that goes.

I think this is the all in year, we will be paying everyone the money we have been pushing down the road moving forward. If we make the nfc champ game or beyond then maybe do it again. It if not let Kirk expire and eat the cap then look for a young franchise qb to move forward with.

No need to push Kirk and others down the road unless this team is elite. Itís time to move on if they canít be that.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think this is the all in year, we will be paying everyone the money we have been pushing down the road moving forward. If we make the nfc champ game or beyond then maybe do it again. It if not let Kirk expire and eat the cap then look for a young franchise qb to move forward with.

No need to push Kirk and others down the road unless this team is elite. Itís time to move on if they canít be that.

Definitely a make or break year. Iím really hoping we donít have one of those seasons where weíre just a playoff contender but not a SB contender. Like 2 years ago when we beat NO but didnít belong on the field with the 49ers. I donít see this team as close to a SB contender right now. Weíll need young guys like Dantzler to take another step forward and at least hit on our first rounder this year. Even if that happens Iím still not sure we can compete for a SB but maybe. The odds are stacked against us but itís possible.

2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Definitely a make or break year. Iím really hoping we donít have one of those seasons where weíre just a playoff contender but not a SB contender. Like 2 years ago when we beat NO but didnít belong on the field with the 49ers. I donít see this team as close to a SB contender right now. Weíll need young guys like Dantzler to take another step forward and at least hit on our first rounder this year. Even if that happens Iím still not sure we can compete for a SB but maybe. The odds are stacked against us but itís possible.

If we do have one of those years I still say tear it down because that is just continuing the cycle we have been on and we only made it by having pushed so much down the road etc. but I agree thats what I don't want. I can just see the excuses being made AGAIN "but if we just fix the oline"... Been there and heard this plenty it is time to be all in and see where it goes then move on imo.

I agree it is an outside chance but with Kirk that was always going to be the case so I say we take it now then move on.

If we do have one of those years I still say tear it down because that is just continuing the cycle we have been on and we only made it by having pushed so much down the road etc. but I agree thats what I don't want. I can just see the excuses being made AGAIN "but if we just fix the oline"... Been there and heard this plenty it is time to be all in and see where it goes then move on imo.

I agree it is an outside chance but with Kirk that was always going to be the case so I say we take it now then move on.
    What is there to tear down? This team is young as hell and has been torn down in chunks the last 3 years. We have like 2 aging vets on the entire roster in Theilen and Smith.... If by tear it down you mean get rid of Cousins and start over at QB I guess that may be a necessary move.

What is there to tear down? This team is young as hell and has been torn down in chunks the last 3 years. We have like 2 aging vets on the entire roster in Theilen and Smith.... If by tear it down you mean get rid of Cousins and start over at QB I guess that may be a necessary move.
    Kirk/Theilan/Smith/Peterson/Pierce/Barr/Kendricks are all around 30+ as of next season I believe and that is a pretty large amount of talent at some important positions. On top of that we will be stuck with eating a bunch of pushed back salary/Kirk is at 45 mil next season so its more like we are talking about 2 seasons from now.

Yup I agree. Itís basically rinse, wash, repeat. I do like our current set up with Zim and Rick but we just canít seem to get over the hump. Starting over from scratch is a real possibility. I hate thinking that could take 2-3 years before we see another potentially good team again but if we have another so-so season we may have no choice but to tear it down. My guess is Zim, Rick, and Kirk are all tied at the hip. So Iím guessing Zim and Rick will have this year and next year to get this team right. If not, itís back to rebuilding.

2021 Vikings Draft:

I mean we have a few young building blocks but also a lot of holes. Jefferson, Smith, and OíNeill on offense. Maybe Cleveland. Hunter and Dantzler on D? The rest of the team is either unproven or into their 30s (or at least close to their 30s). I could include Cook but running backs have a much shorter shelf life in the league.

2021 Vikings Draft: