Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1621
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Doogie tweeted the Vikings inquired about Atkins a few weeks ago. He said their still talking to free agents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doogie being the same guy who has shared totally wrong information all off season?? Sorry Vikesfan, my frustration is not with you, just with Wolfson. That guy reporting on vikings news this off season is like listening to the weatherman. Guy has been wrong way more than he has been right on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by APmvp28 View Post
    Doogie being the same guy who has shared totally wrong information all off season?? Sorry Vikesfan, my frustration is not with you, just with Wolfson. That guy reporting on vikings news this off season is like listening to the weatherman. Guy has been wrong way more than he has been right on anything.
    What's he been wrong about?
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

According to over the cap the Vikings will need 2.77 million in cap space to sign their draft class. That will give them just under 5 million in space. But we get almost 8 more million on June 2nd when Rudyís deal comes off. Thatís just under 13 million in cap space. Thatís enough to make another FA splash.

2020 Vikings Draft:

According to over the cap the Vikings will need 2.77 million in cap space to sign their draft class. That will give them just under 5 million in space. But we get almost 8 more million on June 2nd when Rudyís deal comes off. Thatís just under 13 million in cap space. Thatís enough to make another FA splash.

Or maybe give Danielle his contract extension? Could be why he hasn't complained.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    Or maybe give Danielle his contract extension? Could be why he hasn't complained.
    Could be but I would expect his extension to have larger cap hits in the future, to coincide with the cap rising. He gets a fat signing bonus up front and the Vikings spread it out over future years. Probably won't change the cap hit this year much. Zim/Rick might be on the hot seat so I would assume they would want to use some of that money to help them win right now.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Is Kelly Mond a pick after somewhat considering a trade up for Fields if they felt their seat was hot?
    Asking for a friend.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Should see Hunter back from injury before giving him more money spend that extra bit on the other side. Wonder if Melvin Ingram can still get around the corner pretty sure he isn't signed

Quote Originally Posted by APmvp28 View Post
    Nah I feel Doogie is pretty close and he does have direct sources on the team. What he reports isn't necessarily wrong, he will report if we have interest in said person, which most of the times we do, just doesn't end up working out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Is Kelly Mond a pick after somewhat considering a trade up for Fields if they felt their seat was hot?
    Asking for a friend.
    My thoughts on this whole thing.

From what I've been reading for the last few months is that the Vikings were doing their homework, more than usual, on QB's this year. The plan was to take one, at some point during draft to develop and have a plan for if/when Kirk is done here. This all makes perfect sense given his salary and likely what he would command on his next contract.

It's clear to me that many had a top 3 for QB's. With Lawrence an Wilson being the consensus 1 and 2 and then Fields/Lance as #3, with some being high on the other and others not so high. Then you had Mac Jones who I believe would work with certain teams and their offensive philosophy.

The Vikings probably didn't think they had a realistic shot of landing Fields/Lance and once Fields started to come in a much closer range they then decided to gauge the cost of moving up to get him. Of course, to move up and get a QB it's going to cost much more than say an OT (was rumored that we were trying to move up for Slater but it's not believed that it was actually Fields). Vikes didn't feel the value of moving up 3 spots and giving up a 1st rounder was worth a QB who would sit at minimum 1 year, likely 2 years. Can't say I blame them. It also tells me, that they did like Fields but did not love him. Because if they did love him, then you absolutely give up that first next year.

So insert plan B, Kellen Mond.
    I for one was a little bit shocked we went QB with that 1st pick but it made sense. There wasn't anyone I was really excited about at the QB position outside of those top 5 (not really even Mac Jones). But he seems to fit the mold of a perfect project type QB who has some upside. Upside that I truly know nothing about but just from what I've been reading. I'm seeing a lot of folks who like Mond.

I think itís just as likely a few didnít want to invest in the future because they are trying to save their jobs m/win now and knew the oline was so bad that if we didnít use our picks to address they may not have another year. Using a 3rd instead allows us to do a mix of both routes. Sounds like the room was split and I think this could have been part of that.

We will never know, if fields is a great qb this will be a very long what if we continually ask ourselves about though.

Just like every other year in the NFL there will be a round 2 of free agency after june 1st.

I know there have been reports of DL free agent interest but we just drafted signed like 7 guys on the Dline and I imagine there is going two be a TON of evaluating and competition to just bring in a veteran. We really didn't bolster the WR position in the draft which tells me we will be signing a FA or making a trade before the season starts. I just can't imagine our best WR 3 is going to one of Imhir, Bebe, Johnson, Osborn. I also don't see much value in the current FA crop.

Possible options I would love to see.

Julio Jones!- This is a pipe dream but if this the ALL IN season then what the hell. Julio is almost guaranteed to get traded. I think last I read Falcons can't sign any of their draft picks due to the cap sitution. Less than 1% chance due to his contract

Jamison Crowder- Jets are young and with the signing of Corey Davis, Keelan Cole, and Drafting Mimms last year they may favor developing Wilson with the younger Wrs. Crowder is a save vet and although eh mostly played the slot the Jets moved him everywhere out of necessity and he had 600 yards and 6 TDs last season with some Horrendous QB play.

PJ (preston) Williams - Miami drafted Waddle and signed Fuller in FA and now officially has 12 WR on the roster. That is just a ton of WRs to carry and I would think they are willing to deal one for a future pick. Williams was turning on with Fitz last year but hurt his foot scoring TD and never came back. I think they would be willing to move Williams or Parker for the right deal. Both would give us that BIG bodied WR we all have wanted for years.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 05-04-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Just like every other year in the NFL there will be a round 2 of free agency after june 1st.

I know there have been reports of DL free agent interest but we just drafted signed like 7 guys on the Dline and I imagine there is going two be a TON of evaluating and competition to just bring in a veteran. We really didn't bolster the WR position in the draft which tells me we will be signing a FA or making a trade before the season starts. I just can't imagine our best WR 3 is going to one of Imhir, Bebe, Johnson, Osborn. I also don't see much value in the current FA crop.

Possible options I would love to see.

Julio Jones!- This is a pipe dream but if this the ALL IN season then what the hell. Julio is almost guaranteed to get traded. I think last I read Falcons can't sign any of their draft picks due to the cap sitution. Less than 1% chance due to his contract

Jamison Crowder- Jets are young and with the signing of Corey Davis, Keelan Cole, and Drafting Mimms last year they may favor developing Wilson with the younger Wrs. Crowder is a save vet and although eh mostly played the slot the Jets moved him everywhere out of necessity and he had 600 yards and 6 TDs last season with some Horrendous QB play.

PJ (preston) Williams - Miami drafted Waddle and signed Fuller in FA and now officially has 12 WR on the roster. That is just a ton of WRs to carry and I would think they are willing to deal one for a future pick. Williams was turning on with Fitz last year but hurt his foot scoring TD and never came back. I think they would be willing to move Williams or Parker for the right deal. Both would give us that BIG bodied WR we all have wanted for years.
    FA is pretty picked over. Dede Westbrook wouldn't be a bad pick up but he's also not much of an upgrade either. I don't see Fitz happening but I mean he hasn't officially retired yet so you never know. I really do think Imhir or Beebe will be our WR3. I don't think it's too big of a deal considering our other weapons and the fact we don't throw that much anyway. I'm more concerned with getting a pass rusher.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Pass rushers who are still FA's:

Geno Atkins DT
    Kawann Short DT
    Jurrell Casey DT
    Sheldon Richardson DT

Justin Houston DE/OLB
    Ryan Kerrigan DE
    Melvin Ingram DE/OLB
    Everson Griffen DE
    Olivier Vernon DE
    2020 Vikings Draft:

FA is pretty picked over. Dede Westbrook wouldn't be a bad pick up but he's also not much of an upgrade either. I don't see Fitz happening but I mean he hasn't officially retired yet so you never know. I really do think Imhir or Beebe will be our WR3. I don't think it's too big of a deal considering our other weapons and the fact we don't throw that much anyway. I'm more concerned with getting a pass rusher.
    I don't think Westbrook would be anything different than Tajae Sharpe was last year. 4 games played 0 catches. I disagree that it isn't a big deal, if Theilen or Jefferson miss any time our passing game is going to suffer. We also don't know how effective the Conklin/Smith JR duo is going to be at TE as well as health wise as Smith JR didn't stay too healthy last year. We really have no dependable depth in my option at RB/WR/ or TE. These Rookies could very well become studs and that is what I am hoping for. However, if this a make or break season we are an injury away from a very thin skills group.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I don't think Westbrook would be anything different than Tajae Sharpe was last year. 4 games played 0 catches. I disagree that it isn't a big deal, if Theilen or Jefferson miss any time our passing game is going to suffer. We also don't know how effective the Conklin/Smith JR duo is going to be at TE as well as health wise as Smith JR didn't stay too healthy last year. We really have no dependable depth in my option at RB/WR/ or TE. These Rookies could very well become studs and that is what I am hoping for. However, if this a make or break season we are an injury away from a very thin skills group.
    Oh yeah I agree completely with this. Iím just saying itís not a big deal whether we add somebody or not. Thereís nobody available thatís going to make much of a difference. Golden Tate might still have something left in the tank but he always hurt now. Other than that I donít see much difference between somebody like Westbrook or Beebe or Ihmir.

2020 Vikings Draft: