Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 114 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1706
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think they are all pretty similar to me (fisher would be clearly better but the injury lowers him down to me), I think he was referencing those qbs though that you listed in that post. My buddy really likes Trask and I like fields so we have a rivalry going already so I might have to do a 180 on him cause we have been going at it over each of them and whoís better lol.

We definitely should be doing whatever we can to bring in one of those options for olineman though. If they are reaching out to us and are still on market etc it shouldnít be too expensive to get one to bite. That comment from zimmer and our general recent history with the oline scare me a lot though on what our plans may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reiff was solid but when Fisher/Okung/Schwartz are healthy they are better players than Reiff. If not for injuries/age, all 3 of those guys would be signed by now. Villanueva is probably on the same level as Reiff. Even with their injury risks I'm still willing to take a chance on signing one of them. Hill can be pretty solid if needed for a few spot starts. Adding one of them will actually allow the Vikings the chance to take BPA at 14. We can take a guard in the 3rd round or trade up. These are some OL that Dane Brugler has as potential 3rd rounders:

66. Wyatt Davis G
    68. James Hudson T
    69. Deonte Brown G
    74. Dillon Radunz T/G
    76. Brady Christensen T/G
    86. D'Ante Smith T
    89. Stone Forsythe T
    90. Jackson Carman G
    93. Trey Smith G
    99. Aaron Banks G

I was surprised to see Wyatt Davis at 66 but it seems his stock is falling for some reason. Regardless, there is a good group of OL that we'll have a chance to get outside of the first round. Add Quinn Meinerz (56) and Walker Little (57) to that list as well. This is a DEEP class among the offensive line.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Reiff was solid but when Fisher/Okung/Schwartz are healthy they are better players than Reiff. If not for injuries/age, all 3 of those guys would be signed by now. Villanueva is probably on the same level as Reiff. Even with their injury risks I'm still willing to take a chance on signing one of them. Hill can be pretty solid if needed for a few spot starts. Adding one of them will actually allow the Vikings the chance to take BPA at 14. We can take a guard in the 3rd round or trade up. These are some OL that Dane Brugler has as potential 3rd rounders:

66. Wyatt Davis G
    68. James Hudson T
    69. Deonte Brown G
    74. Dillon Radunz T/G
    76. Brady Christensen T/G
    86. D'Ante Smith T
    89. Stone Forsythe T
    90. Jackson Carman G
    93. Trey Smith G
    99. Aaron Banks G

I was surprised to see Wyatt Davis at 66 but it seems his stock is falling for some reason. Regardless, there is a good group of OL that we'll have a chance to get outside of the first round. Add Quinn Meinerz (56) and Walker Little (57) to that list as well. This is a DEEP class among the offensive line.
    Well ya injury and age matter though, I donít think they are that much better currently really. I would definitely want one and I think I lean towards okung. I agree we could potentially go bpa then and I would even double dip at g in mid rounds. I think that would give us a solid chance at an improved line still while adding another stud. We could see like 5 qbs even ahead of us in which case someone will drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This team just continues to find ways to disappoint us. While this Jeff Gladney news is incredibly disheartening, and i hope it's not true, he sure sounds like he is in A LOT of trouble! I hope the victim and anyone involved is okay, but his career is over if any of this is true.

Nick Olson said just last week gladney was showing signs of being the best all around CB on our roster by the end of this upcoming season, well, his career is likely done.

You try and get excited about this team for one second, and the moves they are making, and then this crap happens. It is just so frustrating. Another first round pick wasted.

OL still in shambles, DE position still very questionable, WR3 position is laughable, and now CB position now a mack, dantzler, PP injury away from being street free agents again.

Add CB to the list of team needs. You just canít make this **** up. It really never ends with this cursed franchise. And if all allegations are true, Gladney is a POS and deserves to rot in prison.

Alright mock draft changed. We taking Farley or Sutrain Jr. Who do you guys like?

Quote Originally Posted by APmvp28 View Post
    This team just continues to find ways to disappoint us. While this Jeff Gladney news is incredibly disheartening, and i hope it's not true, he sure sounds like he is in A LOT of trouble! I hope the victim and anyone involved is okay, but his career is over if any of this is true.

Nick Olson said just last week gladney was showing signs of being the best all around CB on our roster by the end of this upcoming season, well, his career is likely done.

You try and get excited about this team for one second, and the moves they are making, and then this crap happens. It is just so frustrating. Another first round pick wasted.

OL still in shambles, DE position still very questionable, WR3 position is laughable, and now CB position now a mack, dantzler, PP injury away from being street free agents again.
    arent we jumping the gun here calling his career over. yea its bad but at worst a suspension. hell we have little or no info to go on. lets see what happens next. heck last i heard mike hughes is still on the roster and im sure a cb or two will be drafted this month.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    arent we jumping the gun here calling his career over. yea its bad but at worst a suspension. hell we have little or no info to go on. lets see what happens next. heck last i heard mike hughes is still on the roster and im sure a cb or two will be drafted this month.
    Gladney is facing 2 to 10 years in prison if he's convicted so his career will most definitely be over
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Add CB to the list of team needs. You just canít make this **** up. It really never ends with this cursed franchise. And if all allegations are true, Gladney is a POS and deserves to rot in prison.
    Yep. No man should ever put his hands on a woman

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Read Gladney dragged the girl while driving a car hey who cares about his career or who's gunna cover the slot next season.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Gladney is facing 2 to 10 years in prison if he's convicted so his career will most definitely be over
    Wtf did he do? All I've read was he close hist punched her several times, which obviously isn't good but idk if that's worth 2 to 10 years in jail either.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Wtf did he do? All I've read was he close hist punched her several times, which obviously isn't good but idk if that's worth 2 to 10 years in jail either.

Here are some of the accusations:

Gladney, a 2020 first-round draft pick who started 15 games as a rookie, faces a third-degree felony charge, which carries a possible sentence of two to 10 years in prison, according to CBS 11 News in Dallas-Fort Worth. He posted a $10,000 bond. The TV station first reported the arrest.

"We are aware of Jeff's arrest and are gathering additional information," the Vikings said in a statement. "We take this matter very seriously, as the reported allegations are extremely disturbing."

Citing anonymous sources and an arrest affidavit, CBS 11 reported that the 24-year-old Gladney is accused of assaulting a 22-year-old woman, who said they were in a relationship. The TV station reported that Gladney became upset over the woman's text messages and tried "shoving" her face toward her phone to try to use its Face ID to unlock the phone, "pulling [her] by her hair trying to hold her still."

According to the report, the woman said Gladney struck her "with closed fists, causing pain in the side of her ribs, in the stomach and the back, and hitting her with an open hand across the head."

She also accused Gladney of "strangling [her] by the neck, which impeded her breathing for approximately 5 seconds" after they return to an apartment complex in Dallas. The woman alleged that Gladney later grabbed her by her hair while the vehicle was moving and dragged her across the ground.

https://www.startribune.com/jeff-gla...man/600042528/
    Dragging her from a moving car by her hair is probably the accusation that is most disturbing and carries the most time as far as prison goes.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

And choking her. It shows that he has major anger issues and can't control them. I'm not going to say that his life should be over because I feel people deserve the right to redeem themselves and change their lives. But his career with the Vikings should absolutely be over.

We've got plenty of mid round picks that I had envisioned we would take a CB anyways so we should look there.

I just get tired of the wasted draft capital......Gladney, we don't yet know with Hughes, got limited value from Elflein, didn't keep Waynes beyond his rookie deal, Treadwell...and that's just the last few years.

Almost getting to the point I hope we trade out of the 1st every year.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I just get tired of the wasted draft capital......Gladney, we don't yet know with Hughes, got limited value from Elflein, didn't keep Waynes beyond his rookie deal, Treadwell...and that's just the last few years.

Almost getting to the point I hope we trade out of the 1st every year.
    I'm there with you.

Rick has missed on tons of picks and bad luck has really also hurt us when it comes to young players drafted. Sometimes I think Rick overthinks everything. He traded back so much last year to get us what, players that made zero impact and probably never will. Imagine if we had traded up instead of having eight picks after round 4 in the 2020 and 2019 drafts. Also the 2017 draft where we had seven draft picks after round 4. So much wasted draft capital on guys that never made a major difference on the field on Sundays. For every Diggs there are tons of guys like Ade Aruna, Jack Tocho, Colby Gossett etc.... At some point he needs to be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Here are some of the accusations:

Dragging her from a moving car by her hair is probably the accusation that is most disturbing and carries the most time as far as prison goes.
    Damn. Surprised we haven't cut him yet.

Page 97 of 114 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast