Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1690
    What about Jaquiski Tart safety from the 49ers injury issues more in the box guy but a player

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    What? Why not keep him for that price?

Wonder what happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly my thought....I understand not resigning him...but not letting him go when that was his market
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

What? Why not keep him for that price?

Wonder what happened

I was surprised to see how little that deal was. My assumption is the Vikings didn't want to bring him back on a 1 year deal and there be any expectation he would get any type of longer term deal the following year. His age could be a factor as well but I think there were a few mentions of signing a more in the box guy like Neal or Tartt where Smith can play FS and extend his career. Those guys usually come a little cheaper and there is a some decent S depth in the draft to find a player to develop over the next season.

We'll see, I honestly feel like there are few more moving parts to this offseason. Which parts I don't know but Hopeful that we can still grab an OG or 2. If we could potentially get Lamp and (Blythe/Osemele/Turner/Reiter/Schwartz/taylor/Carpenter/Garland) That would give us a lot of flexibility in the Draft.

DREAM SCENARIO (Would be a stretch to see this many moves but not unrealistic with some of the smaller deals vets are taking)

Extend Smith
    Extend Hunter
    Sign Forrect Lamp OG 3 year deal
    Sign Ben Garland OG 2 year deal
    Sign Geno Atkins DT 1 Year deal
    Sign Josh Reynolds 2 year deal
    Sign S Malik Hooker/Tartt/Neal/Kazee 2 year deal

Trade Pick #14 to Jacksonville for #25 & #45 (Banking on one of the Wrs or Pitts Falling and Urban Meyer wanting a star to pair with Lawrence)
    Draft
    #25 Zavin Collins LB Tulsa
    #45 Joe Tryon DE Washington
    #78 Dillon Randuz OT NDSU
    #90 Deonte Brown OG BAMA
    Remainder of Draft: S/DT/WR/RB

It just seems weird we went from using the franchise tag in him in a down year then when we want to compete and have a hole at s they let him walk for 5 mil.

I really hope we plan to sign a couple guards and safety at the least. Lamp/blythe/hooker and a vet min type wr would be a nice finish to fa

It just seems weird we went from using the franchise tag in him in a down year then when we want to compete and have a hole at s they let him walk for 5 mil.

I really hope we plan to sign a couple guards and safety at the least. Lamp/blythe/hooker and a vet min type wr would be a nice finish to fa

Honestly, this was all I was expecting the Vikings to be able to sign in the first place a month ago. I knew we would clear up cap space but I wasn't expecting much more than a decent guard and a few depth pieces. If we can head into the draft with Dalvin Tomlinson, Patrick Peterson, Forrest Lamp, and Malik Hooker I'll be pretty happy.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

2021 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Honestly, this was all I was expecting the Vikings to be able to sign in the first place a month ago. I knew we would clear up cap space but I wasn't expecting much more than a decent guard and a few depth pieces. If we can head into the draft with Dalvin Tomlinson, Patrick Peterson, Forrest Lamp, and Malik Hooker I'll be pretty happy.
    I think the only confusing thing/issue is how the resources were used. We didnít hit our biggest needs even though we had the cap to do so. We targeted a nt which we already had coming instead of pass rush we needed more. We went for a declining and aging cb over any oline help (after cutting our 2nd best oline man lol). We let a s we franchised last year walk for 5 mil.

If we can still get the cheap guys that some thought we might be stuck with as only options originally, great. I am for making moves like we did as opposed to just settling for a minor move or two donít get me wrong but itís annoying being told we canít get this or that due to price then watch us create plenty of cap (say for like a zietler we all wanted and was cheaper than either of our signings) only to not utilize it for our current needs.

I think the only confusing thing/issue is how the resources were used. We didnít hit our biggest needs even though we had the cap to do so. We targeted a nt which we already had coming instead of pass rush we needed more. We went for a declining and aging cb over any oline help (after cutting our 2nd best oline man lol). We let a s we franchised last year walk for 5 mil.

If we can still get the cheap guys that some thought we might be stuck with as only options originally, great. I am for making moves like we did as opposed to just settling for a minor move or two donít get me wrong but itís annoying being told we canít get this or that due to price then watch us create plenty of cap (say for like a zietler we all wanted and was cheaper than either of our signings) only to not utilize it for our current needs.

Tomlinson confuses me the most but maybe we're going to see a change in Zimmers scheme? I've been reading a lot about using 2 single high safeties and using lighter boxes to tempt teams into running. He's a good player but not overly effective rushing the passer as a 3T so maybe on obvious passing downs we'll move some DE's inside to rush the passer like we did against the Saints in the playoffs. Weatherly can rush inside and James Lynch still has potential at DT. He tested well for a DT at the combine. Mata'afa is also still on the roster but I don't have much faith there. There are some mid round DL prospects we could look at as well as rotational pass rushers. So if 1-2 DL in the first 3 or 4 rounds then the Tomlinson signing will make more sense but we'll see.

I think the plan is to draft an OT early. I mean cutting Reiff but using the savings on a corner is making OT in the draft a little obvious. Either taking 1 at 14 or trading back to pick one. Sounds like Cleveland is going to stay at guard but that might change depending who is available. I can see a few different week 1 OL options with either a rookie starts at LT and Cleveland starts at LT with a rookie at guard.

Some questionable moves for sure but I'm trying to hold my judgement until I see what the end game looks like. Might work out or it could be a disaster lol
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Keanu Neal signed with the Cowboys. 1 year 5 million.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Tomlinson confuses me the most but maybe we're going to see a change in Zimmers scheme? I've been reading a lot about using 2 single high safeties and using lighter boxes to tempt teams into running. He's a good player but not overly effective rushing the passer as a 3T so maybe on obvious passing downs we'll move some DE's inside to rush the passer like we did against the Saints in the playoffs. Weatherly can rush inside and James Lynch still has potential at DT. He tested well for a DT at the combine. Mata'afa is also still on the roster but I don't have much faith there. There are some mid round DL prospects we could look at as well as rotational pass rushers. So if 1-2 DL in the first 3 or 4 rounds then the Tomlinson signing will make more sense but we'll see.

I think the plan is to draft an OT early. I mean cutting Reiff but using the savings on a corner is making OT in the draft a little obvious. Either taking 1 at 14 or trading back to pick one. Sounds like Cleveland is going to stay at guard but that might change depending who is available. I can see a few different week 1 OL options with either a rookie starts at LT and Cleveland starts at LT with a rookie at guard.

Some questionable moves for sure but I'm trying to hold my judgement until I see what the end game looks like. Might work out or it could be a disaster lol
    Ya I think we mostly agree and I was getting at it in my post on the if we can still fill out cheap... itís not a disaster nor does it look great and there is plenty of time for it to lean more one way than the other.

Itís just a lot of question marks and questionable decisions. I think you are right with our first being an lt at this point I just hope we can also add a nice g option or two cheaper ones with potential to compete. Feels like best case is it is similar to last year with slight improvements. Itís been like 5 years of the same story and we never make major improvements in this area while people constantly use it as an excuse/out. Itís tiring watching this happen on repeat, someone mentioned the insanity quote right?

I donít think the oline was quite as bad as others did (I think Kirk makes them look worse) but I also realize getting worse at the area makes no sense given our team. We have to wait and see I just hope there is a lot more to come still. If we add a few more good pieces to fill these holes then it looks great, if we try and patch together the rest it looks meh/disappointing.

Keanu Neal signed with the Cowboys. 1 year 5 million.
    Dang now I gotta miss Undisputed Monday because Skip is gunna make it the Keanu Neal hour

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Dang now I gotta miss Undisputed Monday because Skip is gunna make it the Keanu Neal hour
    Funny, I gotta miss it again Monday because Skippy and Horse Face are still on it

2021 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Thread

I hope we can take a shot on a s at these prices... (I prefer hooker if possible)

Wouldn't Hooker be looking for a bigger deal than we could offer? Or maybe, if it's not out there, a 1 yr deal.
    Why did Ha Ha not find a job last year? Or did he opt out...

We're supposedly still linked with Orlando Brown in a trade...possibly including Mike Hughes

What about Austin Reiter to play LG and back up Bradbury? We don't really have a backup center and he was a starter in the last 2 Super Bowls, yet still not likely due a huge contract.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Wouldn't Hooker be looking for a bigger deal than we could offer? Or maybe, if it's not out there, a 1 yr deal.

We're supposedly still linked with Orlando Brown in a trade...possibly including Mike Hughes

What about Austin Reiter to play LG and back up Bradbury? We don't really have a backup center and he was a starter in the last 2 Super Bowls, yet still not likely due a huge contract.
    I mean that's why I didn't think we would get Harris back since last year we used franchise but he signed for 5 mil 1 year. I think Neal also signed for the same thing. Safeties seem cheap in this years FA.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Hooker will be dirt cheap. Hooker ironically tore his Achilles against the Vikings. He hasn't played a full season since coming into the league. He's young and talented but has a laundry list of injuries. If Anthony Harris can only get 5 million a year then Hooker will be lucky to get much more than the vet minimum.

Austin Reiter graded out pretty well by PFF as a pass blocker but that was as a center. Not sure how he would be at guard. Austin Blythe of the Rams is another option. Has experience at both LG and center.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 88 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast