Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1706
    I feel like we are going to be letting Harris/Dozier walk of the FA's. Odenigbo and Wilson I would think we try and keep if cheaper.

Then I see Rudy, Shamar and one of Barr or Rieff as likely gone too (Ill go Barr since LT harder to fill and our oline already an issue).

That leaves us with holes imo of S, LB, G, DT, DE needing to be filled before we can upgrade elsewhere (like more oline help or another CB option). Those cuts didn't really create much space so we will have to be bargain hunting to get two cheap vets at the positions above. Maybe like Everson back with Odenigbo then a cheap S option (some have mentioned hooker) along with an Easton type too. Then we can use our first on one of the lines too.

We have a lot of holes to fill without tons of options, I really hope they have a homerun offseason but I am skeptical we can get this team to more than a 10-6 type with a quick out if we do make plauoffs. I think if this team doesn't take a big step forward next year we will go almost full rebuild with new coach, new GM and likely finally moving on from Cousins as well if it happens.

Iím seeing geno Atkins could be released, could be a nice pickup if cheapish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atkins makes a lot of sense but my guess is he would be a post draft target, if we miss out on a top DT or even if we do find a young DT Zim wants to learn under Atkins. Iím guessing Atkins wouldnít cost too much. Production wise, he dropped from 10 sacks to 4.5 from 18-19 and then last year basically missed the whole season due to a shoulder injury he had surgery on. Heíll be 33 next season.

2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Saints cut Nick Easton. Wouldnít be surprised if heís brought back. Would be a pretty underwhelming move but he canít be worse than Dozier.

Exactly...he would be average, maybe slightly below average, which is still better than Dozier.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I feel like we are going to be letting Harris/Dozier walk of the FA's. Odenigbo and Wilson I would think we try and keep if cheaper.

Then I see Rudy, Shamar and one of Barr or Rieff as likely gone too (Ill go Barr since LT harder to fill and our oline already an issue).

That leaves us with holes imo of S, LB, G, DT, DE needing to be filled before we can upgrade elsewhere (like more oline help or another CB option). Those cuts didn't really create much space so we will have to be bargain hunting to get two cheap vets at the positions above. Maybe like Everson back with Odenigbo then a cheap S option (some have mentioned hooker) along with an Easton type too. Then we can use our first on one of the lines too.

We have a lot of holes to fill without tons of options, I really hope they have a homerun offseason but I am skeptical we can get this team to more than a 10-6 type with a quick out if we do make plauoffs. I think if this team doesn't take a big step forward next year we will go almost full rebuild with new coach, new GM and likely finally moving on from Cousins as well if it happens.
    Yep Harris and Dozier walk. I think Wilson will get a nice contract offer so I think he'll be gone but he's restricted so we have some leverage there.

Rudy, Shumar will be gone. I don't think Barr goes anywhere. I think he's more vital to our defense then some think. I'm still not sure he's worth the $$ he's getting but still. Reiff I want to keep but again it's either let him play it out or extend him (add 2 more years) to drop the cap hit. Personally, I'm leaning 51% cut to 49% keep lol.

Ezra, Fill, Bradbury, Fill, O'Neill - Need to go FA and draft to fill these holes. If we keep Reiff then obviously we only have 1 hole to fill potentially.

The big holes on defense are Safety, another CB, and another DL. Many think Armon Watts is going to break out with having Pierce and Hunter back which I could see but still think we need to draft a DE or DT at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Exactly...he would be average, maybe slightly below average, which is still better than Dozier.
    It's sad to me that signing a slightly below average OLman would actually improve our OL.
    Seems like we've been saying the same thing for 5 years. Need to fix the O line. Need to fix the O line.... Rinse repeat.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    It's sad to me that signing a slightly below average OLman would actually improve our OL.
    Seems like we've been saying the same thing for 5 years. Need to fix the O line. Need to fix the O line.... Rinse repeat.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    It's been that way for more than 5 years and it's pretty pathetic. I honestly don't see that changing either unless we spend some big money to sign quality FA O linemen or Rick gets fired.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Kawann Short released. He's coming off season ending shoulder surgery. He also had season ending surgery on his other shoulder the year prior. Only played 5 games the last two years total and just turned 32 as well. Probably won't be very high on our wish list but he's at least another option.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    It's been that way for more than 5 years and it's pretty pathetic. I honestly don't see that changing either unless we spend some big money to sign quality FA O linemen or Rick gets fired.
    Part of it is bad luck imo. We've spent some draft capital just guys are not developing. So it's either our coaching, scheme, or maybe scouting? Bradbury was considered the best Center in the draft and he's real good in RB but real bad in PB. The two centers after him have excelled (Jenkins, McCoy).

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Kawann Short released. He's coming off season ending shoulder surgery. He also had season ending surgery on his other shoulder the year prior. Only played 5 games the last two years total and just turned 32 as well. Probably won't be very high on our wish list but he's at least another option.
    Between him and Atkins, we could get either one on a cheap 1 year deal. Best selling point is they would get to play next to Pierce and Hunter. Either could have a nice rebound year.

I also did not realize Short was 32 already. Thought he was like 29 not that it's too big of a deal.

Two bad shoulders for an interior lineman please don't Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Part of it is bad luck imo. We've spent some draft capital just guys are not developing. So it's either our coaching, scheme, or maybe scouting? Bradbury was considered the best Center in the draft and he's real good in RB but real bad in PB. The two centers after him have excelled (Jenkins, McCoy).
    I completely agree. Bad luck has definitely played a factor in it. Drafting O line hasn't worked out for whatever reason so I think it's time they address the line via free agency.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

I completely agree. Bad luck has definitely played a factor in it. Drafting O line hasn't worked out for whatever reason so I think it's time they address the line via free agency.
    Wasn't that long ago where we were consistent with having a decent to pretty good OL. Well I guess, maybe 10+ years ago lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Two bad shoulders for an interior lineman please don't Vikings
    It's still worth the risk/reward imo, only on a 1 year deal though. Short as a career 90 grade I think I read. Now that I think of it, that seems high but hell what do I know.

FA has been pretty hit and miss too. Reiff has been basically what we expected but Remmers wasn't any good. Kline was decent. Without much cap space I'm not too sure what they'll be able to do but somebody needs to be signed. I'm hoping we take a flier on Forrest Lamp.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 67 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast