Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1529
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Prime Daunte was so much fun. Dude was built like a linebacker with a cannon for an arm.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I loved Daunte, probably my favorite Viking QB of all-time. But he royally ****ed himself by being his own agent and also the rehab aspect of it, doing it on his own instead of doing it with the team. Hard to say how good he could have been without Moss but there was a lot of room for growth.

Raiders cut Gabe Jackson. He's played primarily RG for the Raiders. Would make sense to move Cleveland back to LG. Pretty sure he spent most of camp at LG anyway. He'd be a nice pick up but probably too expensive. Not sure if he's a scheme fit either.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Raiders cut Gabe Jackson. He's played primarily RG for the Raiders. Would make sense to move Cleveland back to LG. Pretty sure he spent most of camp at LG anyway. He'd be a nice pick up but probably too expensive. Not sure if he's a scheme fit either.
    I'm all about it! I think I read he was the #3 pass blocking Guard in football last year and gave up 1 or 0 sacks. Honestly I really feel at this point being "Scheme fit" for minnesota is meaningless. We draft and sign what we appear to be the best zone blocking fits or most mobile to block for one of the best running backs in football. 8/10 he's so ****ing good Cook is out ahead of the pulling guard anyway. I think it's far worse to have a great run blocker who is an automatic Qb pressure than a guy who gives up 1 sack a season and is a so so run blocker.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 03-03-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Daunte was good for about half of what he was with us. Things were looking good up until the injury as he had just put up back to back good year but he struggled the year after his MVP performance. That's the thing with him, he wasn't consistent.
    Kirk has been good ever since he took on being a starter. 6 straight seasons of at least 25 TD's.

Reiff is still good so there is no way he would come back at a discount (unless we extend him then maybe) when teams are dying for average OL play. He would get paid a nice sum on the market.
    well, given he's from South Dakota (and I know people who kinda know his family) he may play in MN for less than he'd play elsewhere....so maybe just extend him, reduce his cap hit for 2021

Daunte was fun to watch, but he had the hands and brain pan of a man half his size.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well, given he's from South Dakota (and I know people who kinda know his family) he may play in MN for less than he'd play elsewhere....so maybe just extend him, reduce his cap hit for 2021

Daunte was fun to watch, but he had the hands and brain pan of a man half his size.
    He was literally the human T-Rex lol

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I'm all about it! I think I read he was the #3 pass blocking Guard in football last year and gave up 1 or 0 sacks. Honestly I really feel at this point being "Scheme fit" for minnesota is meaningless. We draft and sign what we appear to be the best zone blocking fits or most mobile to block for one of the best running backs in football. 8/10 he's so ****ing good Cook is out ahead of the pulling guard anyway. I think it's far worse to have a great run blocker who is an automatic Qb pressure than a guy who gives up 1 sack a season and is a so so run blocker.
    He is NOT a scheme fit lol. This ****ing scheme **** just pisses me off because we miss on so many OL because we look for something else. I've said it before but there has to come to a point where you have to just find dudes that are good and plug them in.

Stephen Weatherly just signed on a 1 year deal to come back to the Vikes. This is a nice solid pickup. He played well with us and will provide some good depth and rotation.

Now of course this signing should not impact our draft needs but I think this will for sure show that we go OL or DT with the first pick. I think it will end up being Darrisaw if we don't trade back.

He is NOT a scheme fit lol. This ****ing scheme **** just pisses me off because we miss on so many OL because we look for something else. I've said it before but there has to come to a point where you have to just find dudes that are good and plug them in.
    The scheme itself is great though. Itís produced so many successful seasons for RBís. Career seasons for a lot of guys. I agree it can be annoying when we have to pass on certain OL like Jackson but there are plenty of athletic guys we can plug in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Stephen Weatherly just signed on a 1 year deal to come back to the Vikes. This is a nice solid pickup. He played well with us and will provide some good depth and rotation.

Now of course this signing should not impact our draft needs but I think this will for sure show that we go OL or DT with the first pick. I think it will end up being Darrisaw if we don't trade back.
    I figured this was coming. I donít expect this to stop them from drafting another edge rusher in the middle rounds. The Vikings never draft edge guys in round 1 so I never really expected that to happen this year. My sights are still set on Barmore or trading back.

2020 Vikings Draft:

I figured this was coming. I donít expect this to stop them from drafting another edge rusher in the middle rounds. The Vikings never draft edge guys in round 1 so I never really expected that to happen this year. My sights are still set on Barmore or trading back.

Just watched a video of Jaylen Twyman do 15 reps of close to 350lbs they said. He was considered a mid round guy but, not going to lie, that ****ing impressed the **** out of me. Especially when some have indicated that he needed to get stronger in their scouting lol.

Just watched a video of Jaylen Twyman do 15 reps of close to 350lbs they said. He was considered a mid round guy but, not going to lie, that ****ing impressed the **** out of me. Especially when some have indicated that he needed to get stronger in their scouting lol.
    I remember seeing some first round hype around him when he opted out of the season but the film I watched of him I wasn't all that impressed. He actually might be a good fit here as a pass rushing 3T, like how we used Tom Johnson but I don't think Twyman is going to be a high pick. Now I'm definitely no expert but he just didn't stand out to me.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

2020 Vikings Draft:

Signing Weatherly likely means not signing Odenigbo, however.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Odenigbo is an RFA so I expect heíll be tendered a contract. Heíll only cost between 2.1 or 3.3 million, depending on which tender he gets. I imagine we wonít have an issue affording that. Besides Hunter all we have at DE is Weatherly, Wonnum, Holmes, and Mataíafa. Not very impressive.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Some seem to think it points at us tendering him the lower amount.

Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast