Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Talent is huge, but teams like Australia and Serbia gave the us a run for their money in the Olympics. So did Argentina and Spain in the past. Chemistry, team play and adapting to fiba rules matter a lot. Passing, team defense, off the ball play, and communication is big in international play. In this case though a lot of the non-usa stars have to adapt and build chemistry too. USA should be favorites but with the right mix of players or the wrong mix for the usa, the world team has a punchers chance. 7 game series, Usa wins in 5. One and done I give the world team 1/3 chance.
    not saying that in a one game scenario they couldn't win, but the US roster has my personal 5/7 best players and the other person missing is Durant. The US also has better shooting and defense. Not to mention that Kyrie played for America last olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    not saying that in a one game scenario they couldn't win, but the US roster has my personal 5/7 best players and the other person missing is Durant. The US also has better shooting and defense. Not to mention that Kyrie played for America last olympics.
    Irving is US... that part is over,

Still, the non-US dominance on "bigs" is ridiculous... If non-US coach would be Obradovic, no chance US would win...

If you give the international team Rubio itís a wrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

US smashes. Is this serious? Oh Buck wrote it...ahhhh...I see.

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Kyrie isn't non-US... He is US born by American parents in Australia when his father was offered a contract there... Never the less, I agree that Obradovic (world's best coach) should be the coach and of course, both Bogdan and Bojan Bogdanovic should be in the non-US roster... Bojan (Pacers) starting at 2...
    Do you just make stuff up as you go? It takes two seconds to Google it. Kyrie Irving was born in Austrailia and moved to the states when he was two years old. He isn't U.S. born.

PG Curry/Lillard
    SG Kawhi/Harden
    SF Bron/PG
    PF Durant/KAT
    C AD/Gobert

Bring It

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    PG Curry/Lillard
    SG Kawhi/Harden
    SF Bron/PG
    PF Durant/KAT
    C AD/Gobert

Bring It
    Gobert is French. Plays on the national team for France.

Irving is US... that part is over,

Still, the non-US dominance on "bigs" is ridiculous... If non-US coach would be Obradovic, no chance US would win...
    sure they have better center depth, but the US has them beat everywhere else by a huge margin and some combo of Davis(who is better then any world center) and something like Deandre Jordan would be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Do you just make stuff up as you go? It takes two seconds to Google it. Kyrie Irving was born in Austrailia and moved to the states when he was two years old. He isn't U.S. born.
    Irving played for the US national team last year and has US passport... He was born in Australia out of parents that both are American citizens, only because his parents were employed there...

His parents claimed and got US citizenship for him, just after his birth...

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    sure they have better center depth, but the US has them beat everywhere else by a huge margin and some combo of Davis(who is better then any world center) and something like Deandre Jordan would be good enough.
    NO... Davis and DJ wouldn't stand a chance against Giannis and Embiid... The non US would sacrifice three of the rest of top quality "bigs" on a role to exhaust them out and then Giannis and Embiid would have a "party" on the floor...

Irving can choose the World team if he wants just like when he had a decision during the olympics. With how stacked the US is, I am sure he'd try and beat them with the world team.

Perimeter defense is the one large issue for the world team. Other then that there is enough talent for a challenge. You don't need 12 all nba players. It comes down to defense, team work and having guys who can close. Kyrie and Doncic can close. Embiid is a load in his own right. Rim protection is there, shooting is there, passing is there. When after Giannis, Ben Simmons is your 2nd best perimeter defender (not saying he sucks), that might be a cause for concern, the drop off get worse after Ben.

I still think with the right coaching and scheming there can be a challenge. The good thing about FIBA rules is there is hand checking and true zones, more tools to muster up schemes and game plans. They have the rim protectors and erasers to help mitigate the perimeter d.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Irving can choose the World team if he wants just like when he had a decision during the olympics. With how stacked the US is, I am sure he'd try and beat them with the world team.
    But he doesn't want too... He already chose to participate with the US national team, although he could refuse and chose Australia instead if he wanted... We aren't going to give him a identity he does't want against his will now... are we? He had a choice to be a US citizen or an Australian and he chose US...

But he doesn't want too... He already chose to participate with the US national team, although he could refuse and chose Australia instead if he wanted... We aren't going to give him a identity he does't want against his will now... are we? He had a choice to be a US citizen or an Australian and he chose US...
    Meh,what if the USA doesn't even ask or want him this time? Hypothetically they might not ask him and your damn right the world team would ask him in this scenario.

I thought KAT plays for Puerto Rico

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast