Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions thread

Is mayonnaise an instrument?
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Just read through the rules. I think my biggest question is on what teams we start with. Do we start with an actual NFL roster? What players make up the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Just read through the rules. I think my biggest question is on what teams we start with. Do we start with an actual NFL roster? What players make up the draft?
    Yes, we pick teams via a draft, like GM one takes the Patriots, GM two takes the Chiefs, GM three takes the Browns etc, etc.

The remaining teams not picked have their non superstar players entered into the draft, while superstars (on non rookie contracts) enter free agency.
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    Yes, we pick teams via a draft, like GM one takes the Patriots, GM two takes the Chiefs, GM three takes the Browns etc, etc.

The remaining teams not picked have their non superstar players entered into the draft, while superstars (on non rookie contracts) enter free agency.
    Ok cool, that makes sense. Thanks! Look forward to it.

Are all players playing under the franchise tag considered first-timers? Or are old franchise tags taken into account?

Example: Le'Veon Bell has been tagged twice. If he is tagged a third-time, does he get a first-year tag number, a second-year tag number of 120% of his previous salary (as he technically sat out the entire 2018 season), or a third-year tag number of 144% of his second-year salary?
    POOP

Are youís still looking for people to join? Would love to take part if so

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyFresh View Post
    Are youís still looking for people to join? Would love to take part if so
    Yes we are. Welcome aboard. Sign up sheet is in the NFL forum, but yes, spots still open.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Are all players playing under the franchise tag considered first-timers? Or are old franchise tags taken into account?

Example: Le'Veon Bell has been tagged twice. If he is tagged a third-time, does he get a first-year tag number, a second-year tag number of 120% of his previous salary (as he technically sat out the entire 2018 season), or a third-year tag number of 144% of his second-year salary?
    We've always counted past ones. As for that, it would likely go by what the NFL ruled, with is the 3rd time tag.

PROCESSING

Agreed I'm pretty sure that whoever that had skins last year had to consider that with Kirk.

The IRL rules for Franchise tag say the DESIGNATED Franchise Player. Tagging Bell counts as the 3rd time

If it is three-straight years, the team must pay the player 144 percent of his previous salary, or an average of the top 5 salaries at the highest paid position (likely QB) - whichever is highest. (It's $27,530,000 FYI)
    Last edited by Super.; 01-10-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPride View Post
    Agreed I'm pretty sure that whoever that had skins last year had to consider that with Kirk.
    Well the reason why the Bell situation could be a little more of an issue is that he sat out the year. So that's where the question was: does it count because he was tagged or does it not because he didn't play?

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    The IRL rules for Franchise tag say the DESIGNATED Franchise Player. Tagging Bell counts as the 3rd time

If it is three-straight years, the team must pay the player 144 percent of his previous salary, or an average of the top 5 salaries at the highest paid position (likely QB) - whichever is highest. (It's $27,530,000 FYI)
    It sounds like the NFL would let the Steelers transition tag Bell at ~$11.5mil if they wanted to; we going by that same number?

PROCESSING

If Bell was transition tagged it would be the top 10 salaries averaged (23.1M)

However you run the risk of Bell refusing to sign his tender and thus you being stuck with the cap hit and the inability to trade Bell
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

I think in the context of this game, with no multi-year contracts, we should just pick a set Le'Veon number ahead of time and roll with that to make it easier for people to consider the Steelers in picking their team. Like I think with him missing the season, we should just settle at like the third-year number and leave it at that, though obviously the possibility of a holdout persists if you don't offer him a raise. I just think it would be lame to have to commit $27 million in space only for him not to show.
    POOP

I think in the context of this game, with no multi-year contracts, we should just pick a set Le'Veon number ahead of time and roll with that to make it easier for people to consider the Steelers in picking their team. Like I think with him missing the season, we should just settle at like the third-year number and leave it at that, though obviously the possibility of a holdout persists if you don't offer him a raise. I just think it would be lame to have to commit $27 million in space only for him not to show.
    I disagree. Bell just sat out a season IRL for being tagged. The first player to do so. He clearly doesnt want to be tagged and that should reflect this game as well. Since we can't offer multi year deals, if you take the Steelers and tag him, be ready for a total holdout.

Bell will demand more than his tags worth on the open market easily.

Ive posted the 2 numbers for his transition tag and for his franchise tag in this thread.

The only bonus I will give is that if he is tagged, communicating with him will not count as a restructure offer.
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast