Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: George Hill

George Hill

On December the 7th 2019, the Bucks traded the bad contracts of M. Dellavedova & J. Henson, along with a future 1st and 2nd pick to the Cavs for George Hill and Sam Dekker... On a separate deal, the Bucks passed Sam Dekker to the Wizzards for Jason Smith....

By adding combo PG/SG George Hill, the Bucks improved significantly their roster depth at their guards rotation... Smith 32yo, is extremely athletic, great defender, exceptional shooter (41% from deep this season), great passer, has state of the art ability to "read the game" and is as experienced a combo guard can be, having played as starting PG for many years in the playoffs and even to the NBA finals...

Despite his age, Hill's body and athleticism is such that he can play at the same level for at least another four seasons...

Hill has a big contract of 19M for next season, but only 1M out of it is guaranteed... The Bucks are expected to sign Hill with an extension for the following two or three seasons, but at a lesser contract, taking advantage of the market situation (270 free agents available next off season) and Hill's will to play with a team that can contend for the title...

My goodness your smugness is cringe-worthy. "The Bucks are expected to sign Hill to a 2-to-3 year extension..." Why because you say so? They certainly aren't going to pay him close to 10 mill on a 3 year deal.

Hill has helped this team being able to play on and off the ball. But some of that is not true. Hill isn't a great passer. He rarely even has 5 assists. He does seem like a great locker room guy and is experienced. This was a great addition particularly because of all it took to give up. We all mentioned Hill as a target a while ago as a target, just wasn't sure the Cavs would take Henson/Delly...thanks Cleveland!

The Bucks will resign both Hill and Brogdon, especially if Bledsoe goes... Yes, because I say so!

Hill for vet minimum sure? Other wise forget it. We need Lopez to agree to the MLE or less. Then we have no clue what the other crazy teams will offer Middleton and Brogdon. Market wont be to big for PG Bledsoe other then maybe Magic,Mavs and Knicks or Nets. Maybe Pistons if they trade Jackson elsewhere. Besides your's truely LeBron's Lakers.

Crazy part if Bledsoe walks we maybe forced to moving Brogdon back to PG. Since we have plenty of wings on the roster to plug in at SG. Then over paying Middleton and Brogdon we may lose Lopez. Then our team rebounding will nose dive.

Hill will be given a 3 year contract 3rd year team option... Bledsoe goes, Lopez goes... If we sign Beal (which I'm sure we will), Hill, Beal will be our starting and Brogdon/Brown the back up... Middleton stays if he accepts no more than 20M for next season...

There is a huge market of 270 free agents coming for next season and Bucks will be first targeted destination for the better players that want to become champions... Bucks will be established as championship contenders this season and have the best premises in world, where players are treated like Kings...

First things first... Priority is to sign Beal and play to the finals this season... Everything else will take care of itself...

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    My goodness your smugness is cringe-worthy. "The Bucks are expected to sign Hill to a 2-to-3 year extension..." Why because you say so? They certainly aren't going to pay him close to 10 mill on a 3 year deal.
    Yes! Because I say so!

I've many times told you that you are a complete ignorant on basketball... So... show some self respect and apologize! ...and stop thinking too much on your BS "opinion" which is one of an ignorant!

Props to you. I will give you credit. I didn't think the Bucks would have enough money to give Hill 10 mill per. Kudos to you on that.

But what about the other stuff in there, signing Brogdon, getting Beal, signing Midd at no more than 20 mill; Bled and Lopez going....so you got one right. Tip of the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Props to you. I will give you credit. I didn't think the Bucks would have enough money to give Hill 10 mill per. Kudos to you on that.

But what about the other stuff in there, signing Brogdon, getting Beal, signing Midd at no more than 20 mill; Bled and Lopez going....so you got one right. Tip of the cap.
    What the F are you talking about? Haven't we gone through this?

The Beal trade was canceled last minute (on Feb the 6th) before the trade deadline, because of the conflict that happened between Beal and Giannis on the floor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ9lJnBUQ5E

Signing Middleton for 30M was essential because we wouldn't be able to have our cap space roof before lux tax up to 132.5M this season and letting Brogdon go on a sign and trade was also essential because nobody expected he would be offered an 4/85M contract...

IMO, Horst blew it with Malcom because if he would have offered him a 5/70M early last season, Malcom would have taken it!

Then we would have the cap space and we could have agreed a sign and trade with Orlando (Hammond) for Middleton this off season, so that we could have gotten back A. Gordon... Middleton would agree on a sign and trade to Orlando, because he is only 2hrs by car from home if there and he's got great relations with Hammond as well as he would then be promoted to be the leader of the team...

For us, financials would have worked just the same as they now are because Brogdon's + Gordon's salaries would work the same for the up coming season as Middledon + Matthews cost to us, and we would still have a 13 players roster, but with established starting 5 on Bledsoe, Brogdon, Gordon, Giannis and Lopez...

Bledsoe OTOH, don't be so sure that we will keep for the entire of next season... The Lakers now have 4 players on LeBron, AD, Green and KCP that are all managed by Clutch Co (Paul/Lebron) and have no PG in their roster, while the only PG that is with Clutch in the NBA is Bledsoe....

As of Lopez, it's all about salary... we want better, but we can't have better!