Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kenny Omega to WWE? Sounds like WWE made Omega the ULTIMATE deal.

So I think by now everyone has heard. WWE has offered Kenny Omega a BIG WWE deal. All I heard so far is "There is no way Kenny goes to WWE even for that big money, he is going to AEW" . So I got a report from a guy who has a great pulse of what goes on in WWE. I have used him before, and he is usually 90% right. If my source is right again, WWE has offered Kenny more than just big money. Here is what has been offered according to him.

1.3-5 Year contract with a higher total amount
    2.WWE Championship run
    3.ESport video game opportunites including WWE sponsered youtube video channels and tournaments
    4.Higher merchandise percentages
    5.And most importantly, creative input, which no one gets in a contract.

Also some key points

Omega staying in Japan would depend on if NJ and AEW could work out a deal.

Kenny's biggest concern with AEW is will he have enough talent to work with, which bring us to the last key point.

Kenny is hoping for a NJ/AEW/ROH hybrid. A tri-promotion. If they can come to an agreement, it makes the decision a whole lot easier. The wild card is ROH. Cody and the Bucks leaving has become a blow, and ROH reportedly sees ROH as competion.

PAPI SMASH!

I still don't see Kenny leaving The Bucks behind. They made a pact to stick together and I don't know if the Bucks would even try AEW if they didn't know they have Kenny already. We will find out Tuesday when they do the rally in Jacksonville. If Kenny is in AEW, he has to be there.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I still don't see Kenny leaving The Bucks behind. They made a pact to stick together and I don't know if the Bucks would even try AEW if they didn't know they have Kenny already. We will find out Tuesday when they do the rally in Jacksonville. If Kenny is in AEW, he has to be there.
    Look I understand the pack, but that is ALOT to give up. Kenny is 35. Sure he can go to WWE later, but will that deal still be on the table ate 38-39? That is a contract offer to someone who WWE feels like is going to be a star. And the main part is he has creative input. That was what people were afraid of if Kenny goes to WWE.

PAPI SMASH!

“The main reason I would go to WWE is because I would love to have a match against AJ Styles at WrestleMania. If I’m being truthful, before AJ hangs it up, and before I start to degenerate as an athlete, I really want to have a big match with him on the biggest stage possible, so that is a career goal of mine.”
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/01...uld-go-to-wwe/

The door is open for it.

PAPI SMASH!

Honestly if I were Kenny, I wouldn't even consider WWE if they weren't willing to give me a 2-3 year timeline of what they would want to do. Obviously a run with the WWE title would be something that would be in the mix but more importantly, I would never allow myself to be Gallows and Anderson'd. They are getting fat paychecks from Vinnie Mac, but not being treated like a big F'ing deal like they should be.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

If I'm Kenny Omega I take the WWE deal. Vince won't pay him millions of dollars to have him be a mid carder. I expect him to get AJ Styles treatment right out of the gate which includes title runs.

AEW will be there in 2 years (if he signs for that long with WWE) and if they're not, he can always go back to NJPW. Its a win-win for him.

I’ve actually heard something similar. Not the details just a huge offer on the table for Kenny.

Kenny said in BTE his dream match is AJ at WM

If I’m Kenny why not? Go for 5 years max make a huge name get millions of followers make millions run though dream matches let AEW get established and build on its own. Go to AEW after the WWE run to help propell AEW

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    I’ve actually heard something similar. Not the details just a huge offer on the table for Kenny.

Kenny said in BTE his dream match is AJ at WM

If I’m Kenny why not? Go for 5 years max make a huge name get millions of followers make millions run though dream matches let AEW get established and build on its own. Go to AEW after the WWE run to help propell AEW
    Without Kenny, I don't think there will be a AEW in five years. I still go back to I don't think the Bucks would go to AEW without Kenny, they have to know he was going or else I think they would have went to WWE.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Omega has turned down big money from wwe in the past, and that was without AEW around. I could see him signing with WWE, but still think that it’s more likely that he doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sounds like according to the same source he is going to AEW. Should have gone to WWE first. I get it, thats where his buddies are. But who are you going to face Kenny? Cody 50 more times?! NJ isn't working with AEW. It doesn't look like ROH is either. If that contract offer is true, Kenny is dumb for not taking it. And when i mean dumb for not taking it, i mean the fact that the contract isn't going to be there in 3 years or more. I get the fact people don't like WWE's product and why people love the "YEAH! Fight the power!" attitude AEW has. But Kenny had the chance to become the face of RAW and one of the faces of WWE. There are some really good matchups there. And for the people who are nervous about Omega "being changed in WWE", it sounds like they were going to let him be himself.
    Last edited by j-bay; 01-07-2019 at 04:12 PM.

PAPI SMASH!

I disagree that that opportunity won't be there in 3 years. Maybe not that exact contract, but even if AEW fails, Kenny will still have ROH, NJPW and WWE to fall back on. There will still be competition for his services in 2-3 years, and late 30s is not that old in wrestling. The success that Styles and Joe are having at that age will give him a few more years.

Meltzer also shot down the rumors that he was offered creative control.

Yea if anyone thinks that Vince is giving up creative control, they are insane. Do not listen to that person. Vince's whole personality is control. He hates not being in control and won't give it up for almost anything. And Kenny is not going to make him that much money that he is willing to cede control. Hell he won't even give much control over to his own son-in-law.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea if anyone thinks that Vince is giving up creative control, they are insane. Do not listen to that person. Vince's whole personality is control. He hates not being in control and won't give it up for almost anything. And Kenny is not going to make him that much money that he is willing to cede control. Hell he won't even give much control over to his own son-in-law.
    Yeah, I agree. No way that was offered. That was only offered one time, and that was to Bret Hart. Vince won't offer that again. Especially someone who has never set foot in the WWE. That opens up a huge can of worms for the guys that have been there for years and don't have that.

I believe they offered him a lot of money. And they will next year, and the next until he comes in. The longer someone says no, the more Vince is obsessed with getting them. And a huge money contract is no guarantee he will get a big push. Vince will pay him the money just to have him and to keep him away from everyone else. Creative control though? No chance in hell.

Omega would be nut to go to the e. Outside of aj who's been used correctly from New japan

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

– In the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio (via Wrestling Inc, it was reported that Kenny Omega will likely sign with All Elite Wrestling (AEW) after his NJPW contract expires on January 31. Omega can’t announce where he will go until February 1. Omega announced his departure during an interview with Tokyo Sports. NJPW found out about his exit through that interview and weren’t happy. They reportedly preferred how KUSHIDA announced that he was leaving.

It was reported earlier this week that NJPW will work with ROH instead of AEW in the future. However, Dave Meltzer said that NJPW “badly” doesn’t want to lose Omega, so they may consider working with AEW in the future. It was previously reported that NJPW didn’t want The Young Bucks and Cody to work the ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard at Madison Square Garden on April 6, although there is no bad blood between them.

– NJPW is now signing talent to longer deals, according to Meltzer.

He said: “Juice Robinson and Rocky Romero were three-year deals. I don’t know the length of Chase Owens’ deal but I know it’s more than a year, so it may very well be also three years. Tanahashi was also multi-year. We’re not going to have this situation where every year they worry about what’s going on. They’re gonna to try to get this thing a lot more stability with long-term contracts.”

He added that AEW signed Cody and the Young Bucks to five-year deals. Meltzer said that they didn’t have to use their own money for the promotion.

– AEW will hold their Double or Nothing rally in Jacksonville tonight at 5 PM ET in the parking lot of the West Club at the TIAA Bank Field, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars. It’s believed that several signings and the Double or Nothing event will be announced there. Tonight’s episode of Smackdown is happening in the same city.
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/vario...rally-tonight/

Meltzer thinks Omega is going to AEW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast