Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/vario...rally-tonight/

Meltzer thinks Omega is going to AEW
    Probably. All his boys are there and the Khans have deep pockets. Not to mention, he probably wants AEW to be a legit alternative to WWE. Hence why AEW are targeting names like Jericho, Ross, Goldberg, etc. They know the deal.

I wouldn't do it if I was Omega but I understand why he is. He could cash in at WWE for the next 3 years (for example) and always come back to AEW if its still up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Honestly if I were Kenny, I wouldn't even consider WWE if they weren't willing to give me a 2-3 year timeline of what they would want to do. Obviously a run with the WWE title would be something that would be in the mix but more importantly, I would never allow myself to be Gallows and Anderson'd. They are getting fat paychecks from Vinnie Mac, but not being treated like a big F'ing deal like they should be.

AEW cant even give him a timeline, they dont have anything yet but a ppv and a 2nd show. they can talk about what they want to do but they dont have anything. of course the talent could run the company into the ground and cash in on the 150 million dollar investement with their bank accounts.

I never heard of this Kenny guy till a few weeks ago and I must say he sounds a tad overrated.

It'd be awesome if he went to WWE because of the amount of great opponents he'd have, but once AEW was announced, it was never happening. We need AEW to be as strong as possible, so this is probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I never heard of this Kenny guy till a few weeks ago and I must say he sounds a tad overrated.
    Last edited by Silent; 01-11-2019 at 06:51 PM.

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Where Ever he goes he'll be overrated.

Where Ever he goes he'll be overrated.
    How do you know if you didn't even know who he was?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    How do you know if you didn't even know who he was?
    I saw bits and piece of one of his matches I honestly don't see the big deal with this guy.
    I'm sorry but to me, there's nothing special about this guy that I can see.

I didn't know who Kenny Omega was until about a year ago either. It shouldn't automatically be assumed he is that well known outside of the indy/New Japan fanboy crowd.

While I do like Kenny and the Youtube videos the Elite have been making are very entertaining most of the time, to consider him among the best in the world as a total package? I honestly don't know about that. He seems like one of the bigger fish in a limited pond.

If he indeed does want that match with AJ at the highest possible level (WM) he needs to take the WWE deal NOW. Doing AEW first thinking he can do WWE later, instead of the other way around, will have him end up like Sting #2 as another too little too late sad showing.

I just got into NJPW last year (The Jericho match lured me into WK) and I had heard about Omega for a couple of years, but I never really cared to seek him out and watch his matches. I'm not one to instantly dickride IWC faves, but I completely disagree with the Omega is overrated take. He's amazing imo. Clearly a top 3 wrestler in the world. He has charisma, and is a good talker also. I think he'd be an immediate main eventer, or damn close like AJ Styles was the day he stepped into WWE. I think Omega can EASILY play the roles Seth Rollins has during his WWE run.

I couldn't name anyone on the WWE roster right now that is clearly a better overall talent than him right now.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 01-12-2019 at 11:55 AM.

I wouldn't say he is 'better' overall than Styles, Bryan, Nakamura, Rollins or Cesaro to name a few, but then again I don't care to rank these guys up at all. It's all mostly a matter of personal preference.

Some of his matches that have been labelled OMG SO AMAZING were way too long for my personal taste. At a certain point when you see these guys hit finisher move after finisher move and they still keep kicking out after 7 or 8 times it loses it's believability. Not sure if this is a New Japan or a Kenny Omega issue. I have also seen him botch a number of times in those big matches while I can't remember ever seeing AJ or Bryan blatantly botch moves.

Omega is a star, that’s for sure. Nothing wrong with thinking that he’s overrrated, or not knowing who he is. To write him off without knowing him doesn’t make sense, but the guy has really made a name for himself and has wwe’s highest attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you always make these pointless comments?

I saw bits and piece of one of his matches I honestly don't see the big deal with this guy.
    I'm sorry but to me, there's nothing special about this guy that I can see.
    Just stop seriously. Do you even know what you your looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Why do you always make these pointless comments?
    How is my comment pointless? Not everyone follows New Japan Pro Wrestling. I'm supposed to keep up with everyone outside the WWE? I'm an old school type of fan I follow what I'm used too. If I think he's a tad overrated then I believe he's overrated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast