Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

You Are The GM...Roster Needs For 2019

Intriguing how just a few months ago this team was one of the better teams in the league (media hype) now it looks like it needs a complete overhaul.

No way all of these holes can be fixed in one offseason through free agency and draft:

1. QB- Alex Smith is done. He wasnít even that good when healthy. Find all means necessary to move on and eat the loss of his contract and go after Flacco or Bridgewater as starting QB next season.

2. RB- Bring back Adrian Peterson (he said he wants to return). Guice and Peterson is a good RB duo. Let Chris Thompson walk (canít stay healthy). A smart GM would have Peterson, Guice, Bibbs as our rb core next season.

3. WR- Crowder, Harris, Floyd should be gone! Doctson and Richardson should fight for the #2 spot and Quinn should step in as slot. Sell the farm for a true #1 WR. Pittsburg is trying to trade Antonio Brown. Heís worth it. Go all in.

4. TE- Goodbye Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis.

5. LB- Mason Foster is a liability. Zach Brown is over paid.

6. Safety- With Swearinger being cut and Montae Nicholson playing too much Street Fighter, we need help at the safety position.

7. CB- Restructure or move on from Norman. Our corners need major upgrading.

We also need a punt/kick returner. None of the guys we fielded back there scared opposing special teams.

Fire Gruden!! If you keep him, get him a play caller. Fire Manusky!! Go after Todd Bowles or Marvin Lewis as DC. Remove Bruce Allen from ALL personnel related duties!

There needs to be some MAJOR changes this offseason if Dan Snyder even has a chance at retaining some of the die hard faithful season ticket holders and filling some seats at FedEx next season.

Thoughts?

A lot of misinformation there.

Bibbs is long gone already.....claimed

Thompson may or may not be done. If we resign Peterson ,Perine and Fat Rob are surely gone.Bryon Marshall is well liked and could replace Thompson.

We need a young TE like the kid from Iowa. Jordan Reed is not dependable anymore and Vernon Davis is done...Sprinkle is serviceable.

We need a starting LG and solid backup at RT.

McCoy is fine to get us 2 or 3 games into the season at QB. If Smith is not able to come back by then, we need to sign a cheap starter. We can't afford to to spend for a big name and drafting a young guy is doable ,but, our needs are too many to use a first rounder on a so so draft class for QB's.

WR is really bad......really bad. Crowder may walk in FA and Doctson is a bust. Trey Quinn can replace Crowder and Richardson is an ok #2. We need a field stretcher than can stay healthy. Again, money and the cap is an issue.

On defense , we may lose Brown and Mason Foster. Reuben Foster will take one of those spots and we do have some young guys with promise.

Need lots of help at CB and Safety.......a lot of concern here...

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    A lot of misinformation there.

Bibbs is long gone already.....claimed

Thompson may or may not be done. If we resign Peterson ,Perine and Fat Rob are surely gone.Bryon Marshall is well liked and could replace Thompson.

We need a young TE like the kid from Iowa. Jordan Reed is not dependable anymore and Vernon Davis is done...Sprinkle is serviceable.

We need a starting LG and solid backup at RT.

McCoy is fine to get us 2 or 3 games into the season at QB. If Smith is not able to come back by then, we need to sign a cheap starter. We can't afford to to spend for a big name and drafting a young guy is doable ,but, our needs are too many to use a first rounder on a so so draft class for QB's.

WR is really bad......really bad. Crowder may walk in FA and Doctson is a bust. Trey Quinn can replace Crowder and Richardson is an ok #2. We need a field stretcher than can stay healthy. Again, money and the cap is an issue.

On defense , we may lose Brown and Mason Foster. Reuben Foster will take one of those spots and we do have some young guys with promise.

Need lots of help at CB and Safety.......a lot of concern here...

I am very well aware that Bibbs was already claimed by another team. Which is why I said if we had a smart GM, him, Peterson and Guice would be our rb duo next season, meaning Bibbs should have never been released.

We are saying the same things on the TE position.

QB is the most important position on the team. So the QB goes, so does the season. Starting Colt Mccoy for the first 2 or 3 games with hopes that a 35 year old QB (who relies on mobility) will be ready to play again after a common career ending injury and spending a month in the hospital fighting infections is a poor plan going forward.

We are saying the same things on the WR position.

Reuben Foster (though cleared criminally) most likely will still be facing disciplinary action/suspension from the league.

Ditto on the CB/safety position.

The cap is going to keep us from going out and getting a top notch QB and the draft simply does not have one.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    The cap is going to keep us from going out and getting a top notch QB and the draft simply does not have one.
    A smart GM would pay Alex Smith/s entire guaranteed money this year and tank. We don't have a smart GM, who realizes we can't get a top notch QB and doesn't like to draft young QBs but we will try to compete anyway.

2019 is going to be one hell of a cluster. If we thought this season was bad at the end, just imagine an entire season of it.

1- Need to figure out the QB situation. I suggest a "bridge QB" option like Bridgewater, McCown, Tyrod, or Brock O. I would only sign them to a 1 year deal. McCoy is a viable backup, so one of these players could compete with him. This holds us over without tying up our cap long term. Again that is only under the circumstance we can get either for a reasonable one year deal.

2-Sign/Draft a Guard. We need a LG, we have needed one for a few seasons. With our O-Line being decimated by season's end, we could use all the depth we can get. We need a starting caliber LG. Outside of that our O-Line is pretty solid if healthy.

3- CB/S is an area we need to address. It was tough to see Swearinger get cut since he had been playing solid football. He was an emotional leader for our team, so for him to call out the coaching staff multiple times through the media was wrong on his part. I would have considered benching him for the remaining few games instead of cutting him, but I can understand why they did. That being said, we need a S/CB or both. Our depth at either position is slim. Norman is on his last leg as well. Moreau has been somewhat of a disappointment. Clinton-Dix struggled coming over and is now a FA. With the way the league is heading, addressing this situation is a must.

4-MLB is a huge need for us. I would love for the Skins to go out and sign CJ Mosley, but the likelihood is that the Ravens do not let him leave. Brown is probably around for another season due to his contact. I am not a huge fan of Foster and neither played very well at all this season. I wouldn't be opposed to them using their 1st round selection on one either.

5-WR. Definitely a need, though I am not sure where we find one. FA isn't a great class and Crowder is a FA and I would like to bring him back but if he is commanding a big deal I would let him walk. His inability to stay healthy is tough to overlook IMO.

1.) Cut Alex Smith, take the entire cap hit in 2019

2.) Draft all BPA, avoid taking a QB until the late rounds.

3.) Tank 2019

4.) Have our choice of Tu'a and Justin Herbert in the 2020 draft.

Yeah, I'm still on the tank bandwagon.

https://overthecap.com/the-redskins-...th-alex-smith/

Basically, we have two choices with the Alex Smith contract. Take a 27% salary cap hit in 2019, or take 13% hits over the next three years, called "kicking the can down the road" by the author.

If you all recall the two years we were penalized by the NFL for 15% of our cap space, Mike Shanahan later went on record and said that it was nearly impossible for him to put a competitor on the field with that kind of restriction. So we want to voluntarily do that to ourselves for three seasons? Quick turnarounds can happen in the NFL, and I'd rather bank on a top flight QB in 2020 and continue to build the young roster than continue to mire in mediocrity for three years with that cap hit hanging over us.