Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Yeah KAT is a production machine, he just needs to stop getting into foul trouble every other game.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I realized why I care so little about this team.

1- the Athletic article about the Rubio/Ryan Saunders relationship made me realize how pissed I am we did Rubio like that.
    2-Thibs
    3- Wiggins. Not even his fault to some degree, I just can't invest much into a team that pays such a fkin underachiever so much money. His contract cripples us until gone.
    4- players in the NBA have far too much control.

I guess I will always follow this team. But I turned on Roadhouse at halftime and never went back to the game last night. I picked a movie I have seen 100 times over live Wolves. Tells me all I need to know

The Athletic article was tough for me. I remember going to the Portland game where they honored Flip with my Mom. We sat 8 rows up from center court. My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 months later, and died 13 months after we went to that game at 65. The article was about how Saunders and Rubio helped each other through losing their parent to cancer, and it took me 3 tries to get through it. My hrother still hasn't gotten through it all. Sports is funny, brings people together for all.sorts of reasons. I will always treasure that game, and its irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    The Athletic article was tough for me. I remember going to the Portland game where they honored Flip with my Mom. We sat 8 rows up from center court. My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 months later, and died 13 months after we went to that game at 65. The article was about how Saunders and Rubio helped each other through losing their parent to cancer, and it took me 3 tries to get through it. My hrother still hasn't gotten through it all. Sports is funny, brings people together for all.sorts of reasons. I will always treasure that game, and its irony.
    That's amazing dude - and you are 100% right with sports bringing people together, it's about more than just basketball itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    That's amazing dude - and you are 100% right with sports bringing people together, it's about more than just basketball itself.
    did you see that movie, "Trainwreck"? I HATE Amy Shumer, and there was a part in there where she said anyone who likes sports is a lesser person. I remember my little sister agreeing with her, and I just teed off on her haha.

Sports brings people together that otherwise would never associate. It relieves real life frustrations for a few hours a week. It gives our kids people to look up to. It's healthy to do for the body and mind, and while the Wolves piss me off yearly, I know it's been a staple of 2 of my closest relationships (best bud and brother).

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

did you see that movie, "Trainwreck"? I HATE Amy Shumer, and there was a part in there where she said anyone who likes sports is a lesser person. I remember my little sister agreeing with her, and I just teed off on her haha.

Sports brings people together that otherwise would never associate. It relieves real life frustrations for a few hours a week. It gives our kids people to look up to. It's healthy to do for the body and mind, and while the Wolves piss me off yearly, I know it's been a staple of 2 of my closest relationships (best bud and brother).
    Totally agree, it's great at bringing all kinds of people together. There's also no better feeling than cheering along with friends/loved ones for a big game - it feels like the rest of the world no longer exists outside of that house/bar/whatever, even if it's just for a couple of hours.

Hahaha the Wolves will forever piss all of us it seems, I legitimately can't imagine how I would be if the Wolves won a Championship. I can't picture it as a reality. I just know it would be damn sweet.

Totally agree, it's great at bringing all kinds of people together. There's also no better feeling than cheering along with friends/loved ones for a big game - it feels like the rest of the world no longer exists outside of that house/bar/whatever, even if it's just for a couple of hours.

Hahaha the Wolves will forever piss all of us it seems, I legitimately can't imagine how I would be if the Wolves won a Championship. I can't picture it as a reality. I just know it would be damn sweet.
    when we win it all in 2062, they better send me a lil sliver of that trophy when I am in the old folks home.

KAT with 4 more points than Wiggins on TWELVE less shot attempts

KAT with 4 more points than Wiggins on TWELVE less shot attempts
    I watched "Guys Grocery Games" instead of the Wolves last night for a while, until Iowa started.

Wiggins on this roster makes them unwatchable to me. I can't invest another minute into this team.

I mean look at this ****

https://www.basketball-reference.com...wiggian01.html

career lows in every single efficiency category possible. He shouldn't even be getting minutes, let alone playing a real role, with a huge contract.

Wiggins has officially become my least favorite player in our history, and as long as he is on this team playing minutes, I can't imagine how anyone can care about this team.

Seriously, who gives this guy that many minutes/usage other than our stupid *** team?

I mean we are a borderline playoff team (probably just outside) when healthy and missing our 2nd best player, trotting out 10 day contract guys at pg, Wiggins as 2nd option, starting a rookie etc.

This season is pretty much a waste

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I mean we are a borderline playoff team (probably just outside) when healthy and missing our 2nd best player, trotting out 10 day contract guys at pg, Wiggins as 2nd option, starting a rookie etc.

This season is pretty much a waste
    Yeah, but you can't control that kind of crap. We are literally missing our 2nd and 3rd best players in Roco and Rose and were decimated at the most important position(at least to our team, since we don't have bigger wings that can handle running the offense(aka James/Durant, etc). I don't mind playing the rook though. What I don't understand is why Deng is playing over KBD. I understand why we had to sign Caanan(Since there is only so many games you can play players on two way contracts).

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

honestly what will piss me off, cause it WILL happen, is when RoCo comes back, Okogie's minutes will disappear. At this point, Wiggins should be losing those minutes, not Okogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Yeah, but you can't control that kind of crap. We are literally missing our 2nd and 3rd best players in Roco and Rose and were decimated at the most important position(at least to our team, since we don't have bigger wings that can handle running the offense(aka James/Durant, etc). I don't mind playing the rook though. What I don't understand is why Deng is playing over KBD. I understand why we had to sign Caanan(Since there is only so many games you can play players on two way contracts).
    The injuries? Sure but we set ourselves up to like at best be 8 seed first round exit type, at worst be say 5th worst team/highest odds in lotto, and we don't have the youth/cap space to make big improvements on what we have. All at a time when it makes the most sense to really build a competitive team around Towns.

We are a middling team without much room to grow who could fight hard for a last spot still and win some meaningless games, injuries have made it more clear we should just tank it out though is what I am getting at since even that best case is looking very unlikely now and we really need to hit on our pick for the future.

I mean look at this ****

https://www.basketball-reference.com...wiggian01.html

career lows in every single efficiency category possible. He shouldn't even be getting minutes, let alone playing a real role, with a huge contract.

Wiggins has officially become my least favorite player in our history, and as long as he is on this team playing minutes, I can't imagine how anyone can care about this team.

Seriously, who gives this guy that many minutes/usage other than our stupid *** team?
    24 next week too. He's not going to suddenly learn how to dribble/shoot overnight. And tbh, I don't think he really wants to.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast