Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 101 of 101
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,034
    Wiggins is 10-26 from the line in clutch time this year now

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,034
    I had no idea we even played yesterday. What happened?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I had no idea we even played yesterday. What happened?
    Pretty standard Wolves game. Towns dominated for majority of the game, until he realised no one else was really interested in winning. Taj & Rose were good and KBD looked okay.

    Wiggins put in effort for 5 minutes in the 3rd and looked like a capable NBA player, but was worse than useless in the other 28 minutes he was on the court. For someone who has the ball as often as for as long as he does not to have an assist is bizarre.

    The players have put the cue in the rack. We should be giving Okogie & KBD serious minutes for the rest of the season. I like Tolliver, but there's no longer a reason to be giving him minutes over KBD. Same as Wiggins over Okogie. I'd like to see the offence go through Saric a bit more too, especially when Towns isn't on the court. We really need Saric to be something given how hamstrung we are financially.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,034
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Pretty standard Wolves game. Towns dominated for majority of the game, until he realised no one else was really interested in winning. Taj & Rose were good and KBD looked okay.

    Wiggins put in effort for 5 minutes in the 3rd and looked like a capable NBA player, but was worse than useless in the other 28 minutes he was on the court. For someone who has the ball as often as for as long as he does not to have an assist is bizarre.

    The players have put the cue in the rack. We should be giving Okogie & KBD serious minutes for the rest of the season. I like Tolliver, but there's no longer a reason to be giving him minutes over KBD. Same as Wiggins over Okogie. I'd like to see the offence go through Saric a bit more too, especially when Towns isn't on the court. We really need Saric to be something given how hamstrung we are financially.
    Right, but you know for a fact Okogie's minutes drop when RoCo returns. Wiggins will get his 33 mpg. Fact.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,034
    I finally watched most of a game last night for the first time this year (minus the Dallas game I went to Jan 11).

    KAT is a beast, but has a few things he needs to change to become a truly elite player. We all know what those are.

    This team needs a talent infusion, and they need to really develop Okogie, keep Tyus, and try their best to move Wiggins for anything damage control. They also need to move on from Teague. I like Saric long term as well.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,090
    When a 2nd round rookie is a better player than you... #AndrewWiggins


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    When a 2nd round rookie is a better player than you... #AndrewWiggins
    I kinda laughed at this, then realized he may very well be at least as good. And when you factor in he makes less in a year than Wiggins does in 3 games, well, ugh.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    When a 2nd round rookie is a better player than you... #AndrewWiggins
    Since Ryan's first game as coach back on 8th January, Wiggins has not had as efficient a game as KBD just had (18 points from 12FGA), which was over 2 months ago. Andrew's most recent comparisons are 17pts from 15FGA, 18 from 15, 21 from 20, 18 from 15 and 18 from 15 (again).

    I know a lot of fans have jumped off the Wiggins bandwagon already, but I don't think a lot of people outside of Mn fans are aware of quite how terrible he's been.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,034
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Since Ryan's first game as coach back on 8th January, Wiggins has not had as efficient a game as KBD just had (18 points from 12FGA), which was over 2 months ago. Andrew's most recent comparisons are 17pts from 15FGA, 18 from 15, 21 from 20, 18 from 15 and 18 from 15 (again).

    I know a lot of fans have jumped off the Wiggins bandwagon already, but I don't think a lot of people outside of Mn fans are aware of quite how terrible he's been.
    Wiggins is worse right now than when he entered the league. He has gotten worse each month, since mid-way into his 2nd season, when he suddenly became allergic to getting to the line, which was his ONLY positive attribute to that point.

    I know I am a broken record, but I am just exhausted of watching him, I knew that money was coming his way, and it's literally criminal what we paid him. He isn't even close to a league average player, and is about to post career lows in PER, TS%, steal rate, win shares, box score plus/minus, and VORP this year. His offensive rating is putrid. He is a terrible defender. He hasn't had a SINGLE ****ING YEAR with a VORP or BPM above 0. In fact every year negative, this year being his worst.

    Wiggins should not be playing minutes. He should be a depth guy, being talked about as a waste of talent, and on year to year deals at this point. Honestly, what makes him any different than Wes Johnson?

    Wiggins is likely the biggest reason I have watched maybe 15-20 games this year, and I haven't watched an entire game, start to finish, except the Dallas game I went to. I just can't take him.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 03-12-2019 at 09:41 AM.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Wiggins is worse right now than when he entered the league. He has gotten worse each month, since mid-way into his 2nd season, when he suddenly became allergic to getting to the line, which was his ONLY positive attribute to that point.

    I know I am a broken record, but I am just exhausted of watching him, I knew that money was coming his way, and it's literally criminal what we paid him. He isn't even close to a league average player, and is about to post career lows in PER, TS%, steal rate, win shares, box score plus/minus, and VORP this year. His offensive rating is putrid. He is a terrible defender. He hasn't had a SINGLE ****ING YEAR with a VORP or BPM above 0. In fact every year negative, this year being his worst.

    Wiggins should not be playing minutes. He should be a depth guy, being talked about as a waste of talent, and on year to year deals at this point. Honestly, what makes him any different than Wes Johnson?

    Wiggins is likely the biggest reason I have watched maybe 15-20 games this year, and I haven't watched an entire game, start to finish, except the Dallas game I went to. I just can't take him.
    Agree dude - there was a definite drop in interest a few weeks ago when Wiggins was at his worst (literally standing around not moving), which coincided with our chances of playoffs disappearing. He's got that group of fans/media that still protect him and suggest he plays 'hard' on D and the like, but even they are starting to disappear.

    I'm pretty sure his TS% is league-lowest. I think someone like Kevin Knox or someone might be the only player below him.

    I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I'd go as far as to say we're not making playoffs as long as he's around. A small market team can't be paying 30% of their salary cap to a below-average player.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,034
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Agree dude - there was a definite drop in interest a few weeks ago when Wiggins was at his worst (literally standing around not moving), which coincided with our chances of playoffs disappearing. He's got that group of fans/media that still protect him and suggest he plays 'hard' on D and the like, but even they are starting to disappear.

    I'm pretty sure his TS% is league-lowest. I think someone like Kevin Knox or someone might be the only player below him.

    I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I'd go as far as to say we're not making playoffs as long as he's around. A small market team can't be paying 30% of their salary cap to a below-average player.
    eeck, never thought of that. And I think you are right actually. Conditions would need to be perfect (like landing Zion and having him on a rookie deal in 2020-22). Fat chance..

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •