Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Reuben Foster CDV Charges Dropped

The NFL still can suspend him per league rules. This also doesn't drop any of the previous charges, or the tainted combine sample, getting kicked out of the combine, drug and weapons charges and being involved in a nightclub shooting.

Foster is someone they should've stayed far away from, instead, it's cost them dearly in PR and caused Snyder to go on his version of damage control and fire Lafemina and the business operations department.

Snyder and Allen can still eat ****, but I supported this move from day one.

This all goes away after he makes a few great plays. That said,.......who does he replace ?

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    This all goes away after he makes a few great plays. That said,.......who does he replace ?
    Mason Foster... I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    If he is able to make it on the field, sure, some will forgive him. I won't.

I've heard rumors that both Mason Foster and Brown could be out as cap casualties.

Both Mason Foster and Zach Brown have their own PR situations that make me wish they were not on the team. Add to that the way Mason Foster can't run and Zach Brown can't seem to stay healthy.

If the people making decisions on the roster know what their doing, they should cut both of them, save some money and sign Landon Collins. Then when Reuben Foster comes off his suspension they will have him and Shaun Dion Hamilton at middle linebacker.

Late to the party on this one, but here is my take:

Yes some of the charges brought up against him are absolutely ridiculous and show signs of a person that is borderline insane. To repeatedly put yourself in the same position that is risking your very profitable young career seems downright stupid. Not to mention physical violence towards anyone, let alone your significant other, is completely unacceptable.

With all that being said, this man was drafted very highly because of his talent. There were already issues prior to the NFL draft, but the 49ers were willing to gamble because his talent outweighs the PR nightmare he brings. It got to the point where they thought it may not be worth it. With the charges being dropped, from a PR perspective, this dies down. He hasn't been on the field or in the spotlight in regards to competing. I believe he has already missed 4 games. The standard for DV charges (when no tape is involved) is 6 games (see Zeke Elliot). If he is able to play after 2 games, he improves the team. If he has gone through the court system and the NFL punishment, I don't see a problem with him playing.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiedog28 View Post
    Both Mason Foster and Zach Brown have their own PR situations that make me wish they were not on the team. Add to that the way Mason Foster can't run and Zach Brown can't seem to stay healthy.

If the people making decisions on the roster know what their doing, they should cut both of them, save some money and sign Landon Collins. Then when Reuben Foster comes off his suspension they will have him and Shaun Dion Hamilton at middle linebacker.
    I think its an extreme long shot to think Landon Collins actually hits the open market as a free agent
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion