Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Connor actually played well against the Seahawks. If Sua-Filo can practice this week I’d expect him to be the backup for Connor instead of Redmond.
    I guess Rams here we come. How do you think we'll do against them?

Foles magic strikes again. People keep saying Wentz is more talented than him, but Foles just plays better on the field. At some point, actual performance should be weighed against a perceived ceiling. Wentz tried to put on that fake smile, but you know it's got to be killing him inside that there's a Foles statue outside and not his. That Bear kicker is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I guess Rams here we come. How do you think we'll do against them?

Foles magic strikes again. People keep saying Wentz is more talented than him, but Foles just plays better on the field. At some point, actual performance should be weighed against a perceived ceiling. Wentz tried to put on that fake smile, but you know it's got to be killing him inside that there's a Foles statue outside and not his. That Bear kicker is the worst.
    I think the Rams are the best scenario for them. Not that the Rams are going to be easy but between them and the Saints in NO I think the Rams are the best option. LA should be almost like having a home game because of the fan base the Cowboys have in LA.

As for Foles, if he gets them to the NFC Championship game they will have a legit decision to make. Re-sign Foles long term (at a reasonable rate) and trade Wentz? Or make Wentz the highest paid player in NFC History and hope to trade Foles (or let him walk)?

I think the Rams are the best scenario for them. Not that the Rams are going to be easy but between them and the Saints in NO I think the Rams are the best option. LA should be almost like having a home game because of the fan base the Cowboys have in LA.

As for Foles, if he gets them to the NFC Championship game they will have a legit decision to make. Re-sign Foles long term (at a reasonable rate) and trade Wentz? Or make Wentz the highest paid player in NFC History and hope to trade Foles (or let him walk)?
    The Rams will have to figure out a way to keep out all the Cowboy fans that will show up in the game. There are a boatload of Cowboy fans in LA.

The Eagles should pay Nick Foles that bonus he missed out on due to a rib injury in that Washington game....just to keep a good relationship with him. It would be crazy for them to let Nick Foles out the door. Maybe Wentz is the future, but Foles is delivering for them right now. He just took down the Bears defense. And his QBR rating is sky high against the top 4 seed teams while Wentz's QBR rating has tanked this year overall versus the top 4 seeded teams. Even when healthy Wentz doesn't play better than him. Foles reads the defense better and gets the ball out faster. He throws deeper passes and averages 2 more yards per play. Wentz will bail on a receiver if he sees them covered, but Foles will throw them open, which is why Alshon suddenly is playing better with Foles. And Wentz basically keeps getting injured.

I dont think they can keep people out. The tickets re-sale on the secondary market with no control from the team. I guarantee it will seem like a Cowboy home game to some degree. You will see fans everywhere. I like the fact they will be playing outdoors on the grass. I can see us burning up clock and converting 3 times in red zone and picking up a few more FGs while holding down the Rams who have had struggles of late.

The Rams are middle of the pack in terms of defending the pass and 20th in defense in terms of opponents points, so the Cowboys will probably have an easier time of scoring. They of course still have to continue to take care of the ball. Though, their defense (the Rams) are opportunistic and makes some big plays. They had been rolling on offense until they sputtered a bit. The conditions are pretty nice in LA are pretty nice...people wear shorts during January. And the Cowboys training camp is held in California so they will feel pretty comfortable there. The Cowboys of course will pound the rock and chew up time, but I can see them having more chances at hitting big passing plays. The Seahawk D was ranked higher and for some reason always plays the Cowboys tough. I am really curious how the Saints and Eagles play each other.

I agree that Dallas should take some chances deep. Especially if Amari is single covered I would go deep. Pretty low risk high reward play.

I notice they've had some success in the middle of the field with Amari. Maybe find a way to exploit that area. I think there was one play where Jarwin was used to distract some linebackers and safeties and Amari ran right through.

The Rams are middle of the pack in terms of defending the pass and 20th in defense in terms of opponents points, so the Cowboys will probably have an easier time of scoring. They of course still have to continue to take care of the ball. Though, their defense (the Rams) are opportunistic and makes some big plays. They had been rolling on offense until they sputtered a bit. The conditions are pretty nice in LA are pretty nice...people wear shorts during January. And the Cowboys training camp is held in California so they will feel pretty comfortable there. The Cowboys of course will pound the rock and chew up time, but I can see them having more chances at hitting big passing plays. The Seahawk D was ranked higher and for some reason always plays the Cowboys tough. I am really curious how the Saints and Eagles play each other.
    They need another heavy dose of Zeke. He needs another 30-40 touches. I also really hope that Maliek Collins is good to go. I really like the combo of him and Woods at DT. The Seahawks were doubling Woods and he was still getting through.

They need another heavy dose of Zeke. He needs another 30-40 touches. I also really hope that Maliek Collins is good to go. I really like the combo of him and Woods at DT. The Seahawks were doubling Woods and he was still getting through.
    Aikman pointed out that part of the turn around was the Cowboys getting back to Zeke more (how they hadn't before bewilders me). I think they can move him around more and get him in the passing game. Woods is a great story...he was like the 4th stringer...no one was even caring about him and he beat out everyone. Who do you think will fill that Hurns role? He's not a star, but he was an experienced receiver that Dak felt comfortable with? I also wonder if Tavon Austin will make a big play or two in special teams. He clearly has speed to burn.

After watching what happened to the Bears, I don't know why the kicker position isn't more valued. So many teams have killed their chances with a bad field goal kicker.

Also in games where Zeke rushed for less than 90 yards, most of them were losses. The Cowboys winning streak started when Zeke started racking up 151 yards, 122 yards, 113 yards. The Cowboys did win in the game where Zeke only rushed 75 yards against the Saints, but the Cowboys also had to hold the Saints to 13 to win that game and only scored 10. Zeke's increased numbers also seemed to lift Dak's rating. It's not a perfect correlation, but during the 3-5 period, Dak's ratings were significantly down from when Zeke started going on a tear. The same can be seen in 2016. So Zeke and the defense are Dak's best friends.

We have to be careful with correlation vs. causation. Could it be in games where Dak was more accurate (higher QB rating) they were able to sustain drives thus giving Zeke more opportunities to carry the ball? I think you will find it's hard to tease out cause and effect but I would offer Zeke's numbers could be as much a reflection of Dak passing success and extending drives as much as Zeke helping Dak. They go hand-in-hand. Either way your point is good that if Dak has a high rating and Zeke has a lot of touches it's bound to mean that the Boys have succeeded.

Either way, Zeke has a dramatic impact on Dak. Look at 3 of the games Dak played without Zeke last year when Zeke was suspended:

Prescott had not thrown a single touchdown pass since the start of Zeke’s suspension. He also failed to eclipse 200 passing yards in each of the past three games without his star running back. And in those three losses, Prescott has turned over the ball eight times (five interceptions, three lost fumbles).

Dak Prescott Season Stats, Weeks 10-12

Week 10: 176 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 2 Fumbles

Week 11: 145 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 1 Fumble

Week 12: 179 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 0 Fumbles

But that's bound to happen since Zeke is such a good weapon.

Either way, Zeke has a dramatic impact on Dak. Look at 3 of the games Dak played without Zeke last year when Zeke was suspended:

Prescott had not thrown a single touchdown pass since the start of Zeke’s suspension. He also failed to eclipse 200 passing yards in each of the past three games without his star running back. And in those three losses, Prescott has turned over the ball eight times (five interceptions, three lost fumbles).

Dak Prescott Season Stats, Weeks 10-12

Week 10: 176 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 2 Fumbles

Week 11: 145 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 1 Fumble

Week 12: 179 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 0 Fumbles

But that's bound to happen since Zeke is such a good weapon.
    Yes the two combined make a dynamic duo. Cowboys need to pound with Zeke but also extend Drives with Dak timely throws.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Yes the two combined make a dynamic duo. Cowboys need to pound with Zeke but also extend Drives with Dak timely throws.
    Dak mentioned that Zeke is his best friend, so that chemistry helps. I've noticed he has his best chemistry with guys he's known a while, like Zeke and Beasely. The other new guys like Amari and Gallup he will develop chemistry as they have thousands of reps together. I am glad we don't have any nuts on the team like a TO or Jalen Ramsey that would distract from Captains like Dak, who do a good job of rallying the team to play team ball and not get too down when the chips are against them. Maybe Jerry has learned to not bring in talented malcontents that distract. You could see flashes of that chemistry with Amari and Gallup in several of those big games where Amari went off or Dak threw a perfect spiral to Gallup in the last two games. I think there's more of an opportunity against the Rams (who are still a very formidable team, but they give up way more yards than stingy defenses). I think when Linehan and Garrett's jobs were on the hot seat....they got scared straight and started implementing more creative ways to get Zeke involved, not just the boring hand it to Zeke and get stuffed. When Zeke can do his thing that plays into Dak's strengths and Dak can do his thing where he doesn't throw picks. The major concern is a couple of the Rams lineman like Aaron Donlad and that other guy (cna't remember his name) made some out of this world game changing plays against the Chiefs. Mahones actually completely outplayed Goff, but the Rams defenders made some unbelievable plays that set up their offense nicely. That said, I am hoping for one of those games where Dak gets hot and makes a bunch of explosive plays hitting Amari, Gallup, Jarwin and Beasely. It would be the perfect timing if he got hot for the next 3 games.

We were the only home team that won this weekend.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast