Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207
Results 3,091 to 3,092 of 3092
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I believe he redshirted his freshmen year. My point remains. I just don't feel comfortable taking a prospect with really only one year of production in the top 5. I think a top 5 prospect should should be a multiple season starter to really see if he is worthy of a top selection

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    To shine some light on Quinnen he came to Alabama as a DE. But was behind a lot of players at the position. So he went to the coaches and asked them what he had to do to see the field more and they told him to bulk up and play inside. He did just that.

How Alabama DT Quinnen Williams turned grief into greatness

"THE LANE OPENED behind Da'Ron Payne. When the former Alabama defensive tackle left UA as an underclassman a year ago to become a first-round draft pick of the Washington Redskins, an undersized and largely unknown Quinnen Williams pounced on the opening.

For two years, he had sat behind NFL-bound defensive ends Jonathan Allen, also a first-round pick, and fourth-rounder Da'Shawn Hand -- waiting his turn on the Crimson Tide's conveyor belt for NFL defensive ends. And with two more future pro ends in place for 2018 -- Raekwon Davis and Isaiah Buggs -- he wasn't about to wait any longer. Even if it meant changing positions.

"The coaches never really came to me and asked me about moving inside. It was more me recognizing that my time had come, and I was willing to play any spot to get on the field," Williams said. "I kept my defensive end skills and put on enough weight to handle double teams."

In spring practice Williams took over Payne's position, and the result has been a meteoric rise. He piled up 18.5 tackles for loss in 15 games -- the most by an Alabama defensive tackle in Nick Saban's 12-year tenure -- and seven sacks. The transformation made him the best player on a 'Bama defense once again stacked with draft prospects.

"Last year he was just another young Alabama guy you knew you'd be taking a closer look at eventually," the NFC scout said. "But moving inside and showing he can get after the quarterback from the interior, that's changed everything. That's about the quickest way for anyone to get noticed."

In Williams, scouts see a combination of lightning-quick hands, the power to overwhelm single blocks, and occasionally split double teams. Left tackle Jonah Williams, himself a coveted draft prospect, described competing against Williams in practice as trying to block a "300-pound bar of soap." Williams was the highest-graded player in all of college football, according to Pro Football Focus, with a grade of 95.9. In November, NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah called Williams "the most dominant player on the field in every game I study."

Quality interior pass rushers like Williams are in the highest of demand in the NFL. Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald, arguably the league's best interior pass rusher and a legitimate MVP candidate this season, broke the bank in August with the richest deal in NFL history for a defensive player -- a contract extension worth $135 million with $87 million guaranteed. Finding the next Donald in the draft, for a fraction of that price on a rookie contract, can transform an entire team for any NFL general manager."

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Josh Jacobs ... hands
    Weird watching it and recognising it, but Josh Jacobs reminds me of the late legend Clem Daniels R.I.P.