Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1232
    But hey GoT fans, final season is coming soon!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Does it? I didn't know that. I knew it saved us a mil (against the cap if I remember correctly, not actual money) if we kept him rostered through the '19 season, at least versus cutting him. That obviously won't happen though.
    https://overthecap.com/player/cody-parkey/3397/

Obvioysly i an trusting this as a source but it seems to say we have dead money 1.125 mil if we cut him prior to june 1st.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Ya man Iíve just been on Netflix and Prime Video this whole week, and probably wonít be watching any of the games.
    I'll still watch the playoffs because the playoffs are fun and I like punishing myself

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Still unreal that we end up loosing on a post too. Cant wright a more heart breaking ending. I would have rather had them kick a FG to win. It also might have made this parkey situation avoidable. I truely do beleive parkey can turn it around. Kicking is odd. We saw Gould have two poor years his first year 78% and 2014 at 75% both years he rebounded. Both to closer to his 85ish average. But seeing him cost us that game therr is nothing he can do to fix his reputation here. Every kicker has misses but for hin it will be a mental game now. Worried about the reports should he miss.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Still unreal that we end up loosing on a post too. Cant wright a more heart breaking ending. I would have rather had them kick a FG to win. It also might have made this parkey situation avoidable. I truely do beleive parkey can turn it around. Kicking is odd. We saw Gould have two poor years his first year 78% and 2014 at 75% both years he rebounded. Both to closer to his 85ish average. But seeing him cost us that game therr is nothing he can do to fix his reputation here. Every kicker has misses but for hin it will be a mental game now. Worried about the reports should he miss.
    Even if he could turn it around - he can't, but let's say he could - we can't take the risk. We can't have him cost us even one game in the early part of the year while we attempt to find out if he's fixed himself. We found out the hard way how brutal that one game difference can be. And once the season starts, there are no kickers you can just pull off the street who are *probable* to be better options than Parkey himself.

The obvious move is Gould. I'd contend there's never been a more obvious move. But if not Gould, they need to spend the 7th rounder on a guy, or at the very least one of the other free agents (Vinatieri, Gostkowski, etc).

There's no scenario where we can (or will) enter '19 with Parkey as this team's kicker. The psyche aspect of it alone for this guy, forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I don't think he can turn it around. The fact that he's going around doing national interviews for a pity party makes me think he's mentally weak. He's making it about himself and I'm sure his teammates can't be happy about it. He's also proven to have poor practice habits.
    Last edited by ILMindState; 01-11-2019 at 12:18 PM.

**** that POS!

What a lockerroom, everybody supported him, when they should have been choking him

lets get gould already

After reading about what Parkey had to say on Today, this is how see it:

He didn't come off sounding like he was looking for a pity party. He took ownership of his mistake. He manned up. People should respect that.

He spoke about his faith. He already had a "target" on his back for the missed FG, yet he was willing to confess his beliefs which really aren't popular in this society today. Whether you believe in God or not, you should respect that he was willing to stick with and promote his beliefs.

He sounded very respectful towards his teammates. He may not be a Bear next season, but he gave his respects to the entire Bears Franchise. You have to respect that.

Parkey played pretty well before he became a Bear. I have no idea if he'll ever play in the NFL again...he probably doesn't need to.

While hating the fact that the Bears season is over, I really don't get the death threats that he's gotten. I mean, football is just a game.

I don't hate Parkey, I actually respect him. I do think it would be good for the Bears to move on from him, though.

I wish Parkey and his family the best.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post

He didn't come off sounding like he was looking for a pity party. He took ownership of his mistake. He manned up. People should respect that.

He spoke about his faith. He already had a "target" on his back for the missed FG, yet he was willing to confess his beliefs which really aren't popular in this society today. Whether you believe in God or not, you should respect that he was willing to stick with and promote his beliefs.

He sounded very respectful towards his teammates. He may not be a Bear next season, but he gave his respects to the entire Bears Franchise. You have to respect that.

Parkey played pretty well before he became a Bear. I have no idea if he'll ever play in the NFL again...he probably doesn't need to.

While hating the fact that the Bears season is over, I really don't get the death threats that he's gotten. I mean, football is just a game.

I don't hate Parkey, I actually respect him. I do think it would be good for the Bears to move on from him, though.

So basically he said and did everything that everyone knew he would say and do. Great.

Nobody that isn't insane felt like the death threats were warranted. It's too bad that people do that. But it comes with the territory unfortunately. I respect Cody Parkey as much as I do anyone who sucks at their job. Great. You're a decent person. Now get tf off my team.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post

This.

2016 World Series Champions!!!