Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Kevin Stefanski named Viking's Offensive-Coordinator

I figured we could use a thread dedicated to our search for the new offensive-coordinator. Especially when we have juicy rumors of candidates like the one below (haha):

Report: Hue Jackson candidate for Vikings OC
    Jan 2 - 1:18 PM

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Bengals assistant Hue Jackson is a "possibility" for the Vikings' offensive-coordinator vacancy.

Coach Mike Zimmer and Jackson were both in Cincinnati together and are part of the Marvin Lewis coaching tree. In-house OC Kevin Stefanski's contract is up, and he's expected to be in demand throughout the league. Stefanski will interview for the Browns' head coach job and has also been connected to the Giants where he'd reunite with Pat Shurmur. Jackson is going to coach in the NFL somewhere in 2019, but it shouldn't be as a head coach or offensive play caller. Zimmer very clearly wants an OC who is going to run the ball heavily. That's enough to question Zimmer.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Kevin Stefanski - C - Vikings
    Jan 1 - 1:17 PM

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Vikings interim OC Kevin Stefanski remains a candidate for the permanent job.

Stefanski seems like a shoo-in to replace John DeFilippo on a permanent basis. The question is if it's the best job he's offered. He will officially interview for the Browns' head-coaching vacancy on Monday.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Hue may actually not be that bad of a choice for OC. As an OC, prior to becoming the Browns HC, his offenses finished 6th, 15th, and 7th in points scored for the Raiders (2010) and Bengals (2014-15). He was no lower than 7th in rush attempts. His personality really rubs me the wrong way so I hope we don't name him OC but he wouldn't be the worst choice.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Please no to Hue Jackson for so many reasons. If I have to choose, I hope Stefanski stays.

My #1 choice, as it was last year, is Kevin. I want to get our offense on the same page and not trying to learn a new offense. I am not opposed to Hue either but only if we lose Kevin for some reason. I really like what Kevin bring and he knows the players on offense well so I think we would have the most success with him.

Has DeFillipo gotten any interest? I have not heard his name once. I would think that he would maybe go back to Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    My #1 choice, as it was last year, is Kevin. I want to get our offense on the same page and not trying to learn a new offense. I am not opposed to Hue either but only if we lose Kevin for some reason. I really like what Kevin bring and he knows the players on offense well so I think we would have the most success with him.

Has DeFillipo gotten any interest? I have not heard his name once. I would think that he would maybe go back to Philly.
    I was literally just thinking about that about Flip. I donít think Iíve heard of anyone having any interest in him anymore. I think his best bet is to find a QB coach job again.

Again I repeat, hell no to Hue Jackson.

Stefanski or someone in his age range please....Hue strikes me as an offensive version of Zim...which includes the bad parts as well (often too stubborn to make changes/adjustments, potentially not progressive enough). This is one area age discrimination doesn't bother me. Kliff Kingsbury anyone?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

2019 Vikings Draft :

2019 Vikings Draft :

2019 Vikings Draft :

Ahhh...it sure does seem inevitable. The Minnesota Bengals...I used to root for the Bengals back when I was a Super Bowl bandwagoner.

I technically as a fan have 3 Super Bowls
    1985 Bears
    1986 Giants
    1987 Redskins
    1988 Bengals (made it to the Super Bowl but lost)

I was 6 when I started to become a fan but I remember having Giants and Redskins gear.

Canít we block Stefanski from making a lateral move if we really wanted to keep him? I thought the only way weíd lose him is if he gets a head coaching job, which i doubt will happen. I guess it all comes down to if we really want to keep him or replace him with Hue. Iíd rather keep Kevin and the thought of Hue Jackson calling the shots for this offense scares the **** out of me despite his past success. I just keep thinking about how he coudlnít get anything done this year with a potent browns offense and they took off once they showed him the door.

I think Hue is a good hire for Minnesota. He's a good X's and O's guy and will maximize the potential of that offense. His personality may rub people the wrong way but he has had success as an OC in the past, dating back to his Raiders day. He made Darren McFadden a 1000 yard receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Canít we block Stefanski from making a lateral move if we really wanted to keep him? I thought the only way weíd lose him is if he gets a head coaching job, which i doubt will happen. I guess it all comes down to if we really want to keep him or replace him with Hue. Iíd rather keep Kevin and the thought of Hue Jackson calling the shots for this offense scares the **** out of me despite his past success. I just keep thinking about how he coudlnít get anything done this year with a potent browns offense and they took off once they showed him the door.
    Stefanski's contract expired so we can't block him from anything
    2019 Vikings Draft :