Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Yah, Sanheim has shown me enough where ghost can be traded for a kings randsom and we will benefit from giving sanheim PP time ... and Iím probably the biggest ghost guy on the boards.

Carter Hart is incredible
    It now comes down to just how good phil Myers is eh?

For ghost I'd like to get back an impact forward and a young dman who will be exempt from the expansion draft. Naturally that might take adding stuff. But it's my ideal scenario

I'm not trading Ghost, he is signed to a really team friendly contract. As I said before, only way is a NHL caliper player, 1st round pick, and a high end prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I'm not trading Ghost, he is signed to a really team friendly contract. As I said before, only way is a NHL caliper player, 1st round pick, and a high end prospect.
    Isnít what you just said a kings randsom ... just like I said? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by lambofgode3x View Post
    I don't expect to get anything better than a 4th out of him at best anyway. If he shows he can put up consistent numbers, there would definitely be a caller who wouldn't mind having an extra vet goalie on the roster. The market dries up quick at times and a team like the Avs may not fully trust Grubauer as a definite playoff option if something happens to their starter. Hell, even as an extra goalie in practice to keep your starter fresh. Plenty of goalies have complained this year that they are bruised and sore because of the new chest protectors and ****.
    Right, so again...if his value is minimal in either direction there's no point to playing him. Hart and Stolarz are the future of this team so we should give them every opportunity to shape our future plans. And no I'm not proclaiming Stolarz is a future lock. But if we get him more games and a chance to see where his health is over the long term it may tell us whether we need to bring in another goalie in the off season or if we feel confident these current two can get the job done. If someone wants to take a gamble on Elliott simply based on his previous track record they can have him. If not then we can keep him on the practice squad and let him continue to work out and be around should Stolarz get hurt or something again. but he shouldn't take any games away from either of those guys at this point.

ghost is still awesome though and has a great contract. Our defense is going to be amazing and since we don't have an elite goal scorer, the more offense we get from the back end the better. We were one of the best in the scoring department from the defense. We haven't had that at all this year and that WILL change. Provorov, ghost, and sanheim are too good to not get the points/goals.

provorov-sanheim
    ghost-myers
    hagg-morin/gudas

man we are going to have a great d soon. Get rid of cancer amac to make it happen already. If myers isn't on the team next year full time I riot.

if by some miracle we make the playoffs, watch out (unless we play tampa lol). This team can make noise if ghost, hart, provorov, voracek, others get hot

Welp. These guys have jumped from 29th overall to 23rd overall in their last 6 games. Typical flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Right, so again...if his value is minimal in either direction there's no point to playing him. Hart and Stolarz are the future of this team so we should give them every opportunity to shape our future plans. And no I'm not proclaiming Stolarz is a future lock. But if we get him more games and a chance to see where his health is over the long term it may tell us whether we need to bring in another goalie in the off season or if we feel confident these current two can get the job done. If someone wants to take a gamble on Elliott simply based on his previous track record they can have him. If not then we can keep him on the practice squad and let him continue to work out and be around should Stolarz get hurt or something again. but he shouldn't take any games away from either of those guys at this point.
    I totally agree with you. I just don't think that giving him 3 starts before the deadline will matter much to Stollie or Hart but I see your point.

That said, I really hope we give Stolie a 2 year deal for similar AAV and a chance to take the backup spot, but it sounds like Chuck wants a Miller type behind Hart. Pretty sure Lyon is going to be let go.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Welp. These guys have jumped from 29th overall to 23rd overall in their last 6 games. Typical flyers.
    Let's be honest, this is the type of Flyers games we thought we'd be watching all season based on the roster on paper. I want to see how they rebound after a loss now.

Let's be honest, this is the type of Flyers games we thought we'd be watching all season based on the roster on paper. I want to see how they rebound after a loss now.
    Too bad they're never losing another game

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ghost is still awesome though and has a great contract. Our defense is going to be amazing and since we don't have an elite goal scorer, the more offense we get from the back end the better. We were one of the best in the scoring department from the defense. We haven't had that at all this year and that WILL change. Provorov, ghost, and sanheim are too good to not get the points/goals.

provorov-sanheim
    ghost-myers
    hagg-morin/gudas

man we are going to have a great d soon. Get rid of cancer amac to make it happen already. If myers isn't on the team next year full time I riot.
    Ghost is an exceptional offensive defenseman but also defensive liability due to his size.

I totally agree with you. I just don't think that giving him 3 starts before the deadline will matter much to Stollie or Hart but I see your point.

That said, I really hope we give Stolie a 2 year deal for similar AAV and a chance to take the backup spot, but it sounds like Chuck wants a Miller type behind Hart. Pretty sure Lyon is going to be let go.
    You are probably correct on the back up. In the end Stolarz still has a checkered injury history here. After this years carousel of injuries and with hart still being like 14 years old it may be safer to get the all important veteran mentor/ back up.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849